Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Bowman

With Chelsea transfers they are sending a message of intent.

If we miss this, we should no longer claim we are one of the biggest clubs with aspirations of Europe. nNext summer the field will be littered with suitors if Jadon keeps his form. Take the plunge now and we are taking a very strong step to re claiming some greatness.

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
Do city still have the opportunity to negotiate first if they match another offer?
Yes. They have the right to be informed immediately about any offer incoming, and to raise it.

KChucky88

I believe Jadon Sancho will not coming to this club because he wll stay at next season due to his club will win titles next season

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I believe Jadon Sancho will not coming to this club because he wll stay at next season due to his club will win titles next season
Yeah true, after Bayern winning the title 8 years in a row they sure look a spent force :nervous:

The people writing “obvious bullshit” or “classic case of....” or “nothing to worry about” are the ones who are worried about that Sky tweet. I can definitely see enough dithering from us to the point where we miss out on him. Wouldn’t be confident in us at all to get that done.
Maybe we're just not completely gullible and shit the bed at the first dodgy report?

I dunno how many of these you've been involved with but if you run away crying with every "negative" report by the press you'll be a nervous wreck :lol:

Why on earth would United board members be telling Sky we will only spend 50m? the only reason is a public negotation tactic to say we aren't getting taken for a ride.

I for one think it's just Sky being bored.

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
What titles? The effort title? CL knockout stages trophy? Nowhere near Bayern shield?
A great discussion is some good thing. Arrogant posts like this is not. CL knockout trophy? Should i mention how often United even failed to get to the knockout stages? Or how often it failed to progress, with games and results which were like jokes? If you didn't noticed the state youre club is in: the United of the last years got its own "Nowhere near Bayern shield", by miles.

Infra-red

With Chelsea transfers they are sending a message of intent.

If we miss this, we should no longer claim we are one of the biggest clubs with aspirations of Europe. nNext summer the field will be littered with suitors if Jadon keeps his form. Take the plunge now and we are taking a very strong step to re claiming some greatness.
Assuming that "sending a message of intent" = spending loads of money, we've been sending them out for years. Now we have to actually pay for some of it.

As of 31 March 2020, we owe £184m in outstanding transfer fees, all due in the next 12 months, plus another £87m of potential add-ons. This money all has to be paid, even if we sign no players at all this summer.

We've had our years of crazy spending and, unfortunately, we wasted most of it. Now is the time for tightening our belts, the time to be financially responsible. Any success in the next couple of years is going to have to be achieved by spending smart, rather than spending big.

Unitedcore07

His ability on the ball and pace will be great for United. He has the ability to go past people, score goals and provide assists. Given his age, he is set to be a world-beater. If United want to get back to their old winning ways, then getting Sancho has to be a priority.

croadyman

Maybe looking at these two articles will make the doubters feel a bit better about the Sky Sports article

July 30th 2019 Utd won't meet valuation for Maguire

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49166507

Jan 18th 2020 Utd won't meet valuation for Bruno

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51160626

I am sure there will still be many that don't think it is a negotiating tactic from United and they are entitled to their opinion on that but I am still confident we will get this over the line.

izec

Negotiation tactic :lol:

It doesn't work when one party doesn't have to sell this summer. Plus if you start with 50m, that is quite silly. I mean yeah, just utter pointless.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I am sure there will still be many that don't think it is a negotiating tactic from United and they are entitled to their opinion on that but I am still confident we will get this over the line.
Same here. Aren't we in contact with Dortmund from almost a year now ? Not to mention we have so much players to axe, we can be more of a selling club this summer than purchasing.

MichaelRed

Same here. Aren't we in contact with Dortmund from almost a year now ? Not to mention we have so much players to axe, we can be more of a selling club this summer than purchasing.
People often say this but who wants to buy our shit? Nobody wants to pay for our players & even if they do, they then can't negotiate contracts because of how much we overpay the dross we employ.

El Presidente

I was thinking about this the other day.

So, Dortmund are a selling club, right. Currently they have this golden goose in Sancho and they have two chances to capitalise on this asset - sell in this transfer window for 100m or the next one for 50m. After that he’s a free agent. If anyone thinks 50m is too low - look at Sane. Hazard in his prime cost 80m and he was probably the best PL player.

So, if anything, United have the upper hand here. Dortmund are not in a strong position and they know that.

I expect the situation with Maguire to repeat and we’ll probably wait the whole summer for this to be completed.

The reality is that, Dortmund might be in a healthy financial state, but they are definitely not a club that can afford to pass on a 50 million euros so that they can keep a player for another year.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
People often say this but who wants to buy our shit ? Nobody wants to pay for our players & even if they do, they then can't negotiate contracts because of how much we overpay the dross we employ.
We've found a buyer for Darmian, imagine that... and Inter raised surprisingly big sum for Lukaku, we simply need to start making things happen by actually doing something on the market.

romufc

The reality is that, Dortmund might be in a healthy financial state, but they are definitely not a club that can afford to pass on a 50 million euros so that they can keep a player for another year.
Well apparently depending on which media outlet, they couldn't afford to bid for Hakimi. That was 30m euros.

El Presidente

Well apparently depending on which media outlet, they couldn't afford to bid for Hakimi. That was 30m euros.
Inter bid 40m, Dortmund could have afforded only 20, yeah.

By healthy financial state, I meant that they don’t have to sell to cover debt or something like teams like Roma, for example, but their transfer budget will obviously be modest given the circumstances.

El Presidente

That's news to me, enlighten me
Well, read my post above. They either sell this year for a reasonable price or next year for 50% of the reasonable price.

That’s unless he signs a new deal, which I think is out of the question.

Last edited:

MattofManchester

I'm getting sick to death of waiting for us to complete transfer deals. Every year, these go on for ages beyond what they should, as if Ed and Matt Judge have got to write a trilogy on it first before they can sign anyone.

romufc

Inter bid 40m, Dortmund could have afforded only 20, yeah.

By healthy financial state, I meant that they don’t have to sell to cover debt or something like teams like Roma, for example, but they’re transfer budget will obviously be modest given the circumstances.
Yes, I agree with that.

That is why they have their model of selling alot of talent off. They are one of the clubs that understand that they will not be a huge club like Bayern yet they manage to somewhat compete.

vanderpants

I wonder where that source came from, that's a pretty bold statement insisting no more than £50 million, I know Woodward issued a statement a few weeks back about transfer funds and COVID but that's an insult to Sancho and Dortmund and maybe ruled us out of the race for him.

kirk buttercup

I'm getting sick to death of waiting for us to complete transfer deals. Every year, these go on for ages beyond what they should, as if Ed and Matt Judge have got to write a trilogy on it first before they can sign anyone.
I think the fact that so much is reported on Deals ( mostly False information) over and over by the press makes deals seem alot longer than maybe they actually are. According to reports we have been Putting together a deal for Sancho for a year now when I in actual fact we may have just started negotiating or we may not have started any negotiations at all, we may want to see how all teams finish & what players are available , or how much we have to spend depending on if we are playing Europa league again next year or we are playing Champions League , there are so many moving parts . It doesn't help everytime you are on social media or pick up a paper United are the clickbait .

Infestissumam

I wonder where that source came from, that's a pretty bold statement insisting no more than £50 million, I know Woodward issued a statement a few weeks back about transfer funds and COVID but that's an insult to Sancho and Dortmund and maybe ruled us out of the race for him.
OR - and that's far more likely - the whole thing is complete and utter BS. I mean, come on now. As if they valued Sancho at 50m ... it's crazy how many fans will believe the shite that comes out of media outlets desperate for some clicks.

vanderpants

OR - and that's far more likely - the whole thing is complete and utter BS. I mean, come on now. As if they valued Sancho at 50m ... it's crazy how many fans will believe the shite that comes out of media outlets desperate for some clicks.
I don't believe anything from sky sports or any ITK on twitter, the BBC or manutd.com is what I look out for. All i was saying is that thats a bold statement to come out with, the figure and that sky news will have egg on there face

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Do Dortmund have any other players they could easily sell to offset not having to lose Sancho?

Have to say they would be pretty fecked if they lost both Sancho and Hakimi in one window. That's their entire right side gone, and during a window where they're likely strapped for cash!

Deery

Dreary
Jesus, there’s some amount of muppets in this thread just because you want Sancho doesn’t mean the club is going to run out and buy him..

Infestissumam

Do Dortmund have any other players they could easily sell to offset not having to lose Sancho?

Have to say they would be pretty fecked if they lost both Sancho and Hakimi in one window. That's their entire right side gone, and during a window where they're likely strapped for cash!
nah, they have nothing. Haaland will stay for one more year I guess, and that's it basically. They hope that Bremen stay up because then they have an obligation to buy Toprak for 7m or something like that, and Sassuolo has chosen to pick up the option to buy Toljan for a couple of millions ... and then they'll hope someone will finally take Schürrle off their hands, but that's doubtful. As for the squad itself, I doubt they'll sell anybody else for anything substantial.

Handré1990

They didn’t even get anything for Hakimi, right? He was Real Madrid’s player. Think they will need some cash, no matter what the resident Dortmund fans think.

Status
Not open for further replies.