Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Maybe looking at these two articles will make the doubters feel a bit better about the Sky Sports article

July 30th 2019 Utd won't meet valuation for Maguire

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49166507

Jan 18th 2020 Utd won't meet valuation for Bruno

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51160626

I am sure there will still be many that don't think it is a negotiating tactic from United and they are entitled to their opinion on that but I am still confident we will get this over the line.
Mark Ogden also reported at the time that we were miles away from Leicester's valuation and our offer at the time was £40m.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
We're already at the 'wholeheartedly believing every line in the media' stage.

I'm expecting some serious casualties by September.

Champagne Football

Don't worry lads, just Ed's genius negotiation tactics. Works wonders everytime

Manchester United ready huge bid for Harry Maguire but face having to pay Leicester £50m – TRIPLE what they signed him for just one year ago

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ester-United-ready-pay-50m-Harry-Maguire.html

------------------------------------------------------------

Manchester United are poised to lodge a £25million offer for Crystal Palace defender Aaron Wan-Bissaka, reports say.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1558517650

romufc

This is Stage 1.

Stage 2 will come about when United will prepare a bid. This will take about 3 weeks.

So if a deal is to be done, it will go well into August.

bsCallout

This is Stage 1.

Stage 2 will come about when United will prepare a bid. This will take about 3 weeks.

So if a deal is to be done, it will go well into August.
Could he play for us in the Europa League if he joined? When can he be purchased?

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Rather than go to Dortmund behind closed doors and tell them we're only prepared to offer 50m, lets instead go and tell skysports news so they can announce it to the public....
Of course that happened...

I'm not even going to waste time reading back at all the meltdown in here today from that 'statement' :lol:

Shimo

Could he play for us in the Europa League if he joined? When can he be purchased?
No - there was something about players having to be eligible back in February to play for the team that can be added to the CL/Europa rosters for the games in August.

wolvored

I was thinking about this the other day.

So, Dortmund are a selling club, right. Currently they have this golden goose in Sancho and they have two chances to capitalise on this asset - sell in this transfer window for 100m or the next one for 50m. After that he’s a free agent. If anyone thinks 50m is too low - look at Sane. Hazard in his prime cost 80m and he was probably the best PL player.

So, if anything, United have the upper hand here. Dortmund are not in a strong position and they know that.

I expect the situation with Maguire to repeat and we’ll probably wait the whole summer for this to be completed.

The reality is that, Dortmund might be in a healthy financial state, but they are definitely not a club that can afford to pass on a 50 million euros so that they can keep a player for another year.
I read they were £42 million in debt. Nothing compared to Utd, but still.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

Manchester United ready huge bid for Harry Maguire but face having to pay Leicester £50m – TRIPLE what they signed him for just one year ago

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ester-United-ready-pay-50m-Harry-Maguire.html

------------------------------------------------------------

Manchester United are poised to lodge a £25million offer for Crystal Palace defender Aaron Wan-Bissaka, reports say.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1558517650
So Sancho to United this summer confirmed then.

TheLord

The best thing about buying a player in the early 20s is that even if the player does a Tiemoue Bakayoko (don't know of a bigger PL flop), the club can still recoup a significant portion of the original transfer fee.

RazorOz

Does anyone really believe that? They could have at least made it sound a believable amount like 80m. 50m is laughable. No-one is naive enough to think you'd get Sancho for 50m. We spent 50m on Wan-Bissaka last summer, even in a post-Covid world the market hasn't deflated that much.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Assuming that "sending a message of intent" = spending loads of money, we've been sending them out for years. Now we have to actually pay for some of it.

As of 31 March 2020, we owe £184m in outstanding transfer fees, all due in the next 12 months, plus another £87m of potential add-ons. This money all has to be paid, even if we sign no players at all this summer.

We've had our years of crazy spending and, unfortunately, we wasted most of it. Now is the time for tightening our belts, the time to be financially responsible. Any success in the next couple of years is going to have to be achieved by spending smart, rather than spending big.
Finally some facts! Very informative post Infra-red.

To add. Here is a copy from 2020 Q3 report (manutd.com) regarding outstanding transfer fees.

https://ir.manutd.com/~/media/Files...manchester-united-plc-3q20-interim-report.pdf

TABULAR DISCLOSURE OF CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATIONS
Contractual Obligations
The following table summarizes our contractual obligations as of 31 March 2020:
(2) Long-term debt obligations
Less than 1 year £184,058

Also.

Our cash reserves in March 31 2020 was £90.251m.

Our match day revenue in the period of April - June 2020 is probably next to nothing. Our broadcasting revenue will probably also decrease. Our only steady income in this period would be the commercial revenue.

With this in mind there is no way we will up front spend more then approximately £50m, probably less. Our only chance to increase our transfer budget is to sell before we buy.

Forget about our new credit. These 150m is financial security if the pandemic continues another 12 months or so.

Regarding Dortmund they reported a loss of €40m ish something. If they don’t have enough cash reserves they also need to take a loan to cover their losses, if they decide to keep Sancho.

I ask myself why Dortmund CEO Watzke must repeat in media that he won’t budge on the asking price? “No corona discount“. Why scream so load if you are comfortable with your stance?

Nothing is written in stone but from Dortmunds perspective it probably would be wiser to cash in on their most valuable asset to cover their losses instead of waiting another year. That’s how I see it. Nobody knows when this pandemic will ends so....

-Supreme-

Sane to Bayern for 50m euros could send a strong signal to BVB if they don't sell Sancho this summer

RazorOz

Finally some facts! Very informative post Infra-red.

To add. Here is a copy from 2020 Q3 report (manutd.com) regarding outstanding transfer fees.

https://ir.manutd.com/~/media/Files/M/Manutd-IR/Governance Document/manchester-united-plc-3q20-interim-report.pdf

TABULAR DISCLOSURE OF CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATIONS
Contractual Obligations
The following table summarizes our contractual obligations as of 31 March 2020:
(2) Long-term debt obligations
Less than 1 year £184,058

Also.

Our cash reserves in March 31 2020 was £90.251m.

Our match day revenue in the period of April - June 2020 is probably next to nothing. Our broadcasting revenue will probably also decrease. Our only steady income in this period would be the commercial revenue.

With this in mind there is no way we will up front spend more then approximately £50m, probably less. Our only chance to increase our transfer budget is to sell before we buy.

Forget about our new credit. These 150m is financial security if the pandemic continues another 12 months or so.

Regarding Dortmund they reported a loss of €40m ish something. If they don’t have enough cash reserves they also need to take a loan to cover their losses, if they decide to keep Sancho.

I ask myself why Dortmund CEO Watzke must repeat in media that he won’t budge on the asking price? “No corona discount“. Why scream so load if you are comfortable with your stance?

Nothing is written in stone but from Dortmunds perspective it probably would be wiser to cash in on their most valuable asset to cover their losses instead of waiting another year. That’s how I see it. Nobody knows when this pandemic will ends so....
It's only wise if they get a fair fee. I mean yes if Sancho won't sign a new contract then now is the time to sell, but there's not a chance they would accept 50m or anywhere close to it. They got more than that for the guy Sancho drove out of the team with a year left on his contract. There's a financial aspect to keeping him too if they think it will greatly impact them on the pitch by selling him, besides there's not a chance there isn't a taker for Sancho at higher than 50m. Juventus just paid like £66m + add ons for Arthur, the market hasn't completely collapsed. All in all I'd be stunned if Sancho moved for less than 80m, if we can't afford it then it will be to someone else.

pascell

People calling Woodward out after the Sky Sports article, they know f*** all about our transfers, is Benatia still on the plane to sign with us?

Like we're just going to go straight to the negotiating table with a £80-100m bid for Sancho. £50m will be our opening offer to get them at the table, I reckon mid-back end of July this will be a done deal.

MDFC Manager

Assuming that "sending a message of intent" = spending loads of money, we've been sending them out for years. Now we have to actually pay for some of it.

As of 31 March 2020, we owe £184m in outstanding transfer fees, all due in the next 12 months, plus another £87m of potential add-ons. This money all has to be paid, even if we sign no players at all this summer.

We've had our years of crazy spending and, unfortunately, we wasted most of it. Now is the time for tightening our belts, the time to be financially responsible. Any success in the next couple of years is going to have to be achieved by spending smart, rather than spending big.
So we're obligated to pay £184m, but how much are we going to get for sales? Basically what's the net spend?

Andersons Dietician

If it’s true Leroy Sanè is going to Bayern for less than 50 mil then there is your market standard because he is worth a lot more than that.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
People calling Woodward out after the Sky Sports article, they know f*** all about our transfers, is Benatia still on the plane to sign with us?

Like we're just going to go straight to the negotiating table with a £80-100m bid for Sancho. £50m will be our opening offer to get them at the table, I reckon mid-back end of July this will be a done deal.
If we will sign him then my bet would be; 65mil + 20 through bonusses. Or wait for it....
50mil plus Henderson

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
If it’s true Leroy Sanè is going to Bayern for less than 50 mil then there is your market standard because he is worth a lot more than that.
True, but the buyers are a club not renowned for breaking the bank on transfers and the sellers are a club who don't need to raise funds through transfers. Don't expect this to dictate market trends.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
So we're obligated to pay £184m, but how much are we going to get for sales? Basically what's the net spend?
From manutd.com

Transfer fees receivable
Similarly, under the terms of contracts with other football clubs for player transfers, additional amounts would be payable to us if certain specific performance conditions are met. In accordance with the recognition criteria for contingent assets, such amounts are only disclosed by the Company when probable and recognized when virtually certain. As of 31 March 2020, we believe receipt of £2.6 million to be probable.

MDFC Manager

It's pretty much net, for 2020 we owe 211m and will receive 25m.
That's a bit grim, then. Although our operating model probably doesn't work on having zero spend anyway?

From manutd.com

Transfer fees receivable
Similarly, under the terms of contracts with other football clubs for player transfers, additional amounts would be payable to us if certain specific performance conditions are met. In accordance with the recognition criteria for contingent assets, such amounts are only disclosed by the Company when probable and recognized when virtually certain. As of 31 March 2020, we believe receipt of £2.6 million to be probable.
Thanks, I did read that bit in the link you posted but couldn't draw a full conclusion. It's clearer now.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
That's a bit grim, then. Although our operating model probably doesn't work on having zero spend anyway?
I'm pretty sure that I posted it somewhere but yes United is never at zero, in this decade we almost always start above 100M, generally way above it.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Very interesting. Will have a look at our past financials to see if that figure is an anomaly.

MDFC Manager

I'm pretty sure that I posted it somewhere but yes United is never at zero, in this decade we almost always start above 100M, generally way above it.
That's a bit more reassuring then :) Have you also seen any trends with our wage budgets? We are probably doing a bit better in that regard, compared to say 2 years ago. How I wish we didn't have Sanchez on our books...

davidmichael

After the Benatia and Gundogan stories I stopped taking Sky Sports News seriously unless it’s a completed transfer/loan, unless I see it from Simon Stone or David Orstein I never really take it as close to gospel.

I don’t for a second believe we expect to sign Sancho for £50 million maximum regardless of COVID-19 as Sancho is only behind Mbappe as the best youngster in world football, it’s a negotiating tactic exactly as we did with Maguire and Wan-Bissaka last summer and Fernandes in January.

Black Rick

The Times isn’t reliable and it’s behind a paywall so I can’t even read it.
Oh ok, well that's a shame that The Times aren't reliable but thanks for letting me know. I'll forward your post to the head of IPSO too.

For note, it says Sancho's close advisors say that his eventual dream is to win the Ballon d'Or with Real Madrid or Barcelona.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
How much do we think Sane’s low fee will influence proceedings?

For the first time I don’t believe there is any chance now of a £100m plus fee for definite.

Im now convinced it’ll be £70-80m + add ons but no chance the guaranteed goes 100 or north.

Bwuk

For the first time I don’t believe there is any chance now of a £100m plus fee for definite.

Im now convinced it’ll be £70-80m + add ons but no chance the guaranteed goes 100 or north.
Dont think it’ll make a big difference. He’s not kicked a ball in a year and he had a year left on his contract and wanted out l.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.

The Sane fee is not low to me, as his contract was down to a year and he was not going to sign a new one. Sancho has two years on his, the same as Sane did when Bayern were readying themselves to pay more than £100m.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Oh ok, well that's a shame that The Times aren't reliable but thanks for letting me know. I'll forward your post to the head of IPSO too.

For note, it says Sancho's close advisors say that his eventual dream is to win the Ballon d'Or with Real Madrid or Barcelona.
If you had a direct line to the IPSO you wouldn't believe the Times were a reliable source.

Status
Not open for further replies.