Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zapata

For me, If we get him. He will be the club star. He is a special talent and very intelligent footballer. I wish we get him this summer because we need to compete next season for major titles.
terrifying how lethal we would be

Infra-red

One of the main reasons why you’re completely wrong about this is we won’t be financing this deal next season alone.

The cost of this deal will be spread over the entire length of the contract, so what happens if we qualify for Champions League this season, but not the season after, and the season after that, and the season after that...
Do you have any evidence for the bolded claim?

The payment structure is something that would be negotiated at the same time as the fee - as far as I know, there have been no reports suggesting that an agreement has been reached for either the fee or the structure of payments.

Judas

Open to offers
If his club will insist on anything above 80m, we will not sign him. The deal will be left for the next year to take advantage of his contract situation at that time. I am not an expert in transfers and football economics, but even we with simple knowledge in this regard know that with the current situation due to Covid 19, no club will risk paying so much on one player. That is why I am pretty sure the news of us offering only 50m is true. It is not complicated.
Seems like you just want to believe negative news and are a victim of Negative Nancy Syndrome.

beingshe7don

I honestly feel that if Sancho does not want to come or if Dortmund are playing hardball, let's go for Havertz who may cost about 20m less. And yes, Havertz is not a RW but I think we could have him play as a RF or a SS. Getting Havertz kinda eliminates the need for another striker as he can play the Firmino role for us with Martial - Greenwood or Rashford - Martial on either end. We cannot get bullied by Dortmund.

beingshe7don

I don’t think you can compare city’s situation/ban to the Chelsea situation.

Chelsea’s ban had nothing to do with FFP and more to do with youth player signings if I’m not wrong.

The impact of the decision in regards to city’s ban will be pivotal in ensuring clubs don’t assume they can avoid spending limitations whenever they feel like it.

My money is on city getting the ban reduced from 2 years to 1 year surely.
In which case, I can see Guardiola and the rest of the team remaining at City and being motivated to win the domestic quadruple.

MDFC Manager

If his club will insist on anything above 80m, we will not sign him. The deal will be left for the next year to take advantage of his contract situation at that time. I am not an expert in transfers and football economics, but even we with simple knowledge in this regard know that with the current situation due to Covid 19, no club will risk paying so much on one player. That is why I am pretty sure the news of us offering only 50m is true. It is not complicated.
If we want him, we have to risk paying what Dortmund want. Simply because I don't see us being top of his list when his contract runs down. Now is the chance.

macheda14

In which case, I can see Guardiola and the rest of the team remaining at City and being motivated to win the domestic quadruple.
Either you include the community shield in that or they’re going to try and create a new competition due to their European ban.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
As long as Liverpool don’t win the PL again next year I’m all for it.We need to ensure we get our 21st before they get their 20th.

But I honestly think City may not win it again next year as their defence is highly questionable. They need at least 1 if not 2 CBs. Stones looks like he’s leaving this summer for sure. Otamendi is still as unreliable as ever. They’re one injury away to Laporte from being in trouble again.

Anyways my apologies if I seemed to be drifting away from the topic (Sancho) in this thread..

sp_107

What about 70M Euros cash and another 30 millions(10M each on league win, Champions league win and ballndor win)

Rolaholic

What about 70M Euros cash and another 30 millions(10M each on league win, Champions league win and ballndor win)
Dortmund would laugh in our faces after getting about that much in cash for a near 30 y/o Aubameyang and unproven Pulisic along with much much more for a lesser player in Dembele

They're a very prideful (read as stubborn) club and wouldn't hesitate to drive down his contract until the end like they did with Lewandowski if they felt like it and didn't receive an offer to their liking

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
Do you have any evidence for the bolded claim?

The payment structure is something that would be negotiated at the same time as the fee - as far as I know, there have been no reports suggesting that an agreement has been reached for either the fee or the structure of payments.
He's talking about how football clubs deal with transfer fees in their accounting. It's spread over the length of the contract.

Infra-red

He's talking about how football clubs deal with transfer fees in their accounting. It's spread over the length of the contract.
Yes, the fee is amortized over the length of the player's contract, but that has nothing whatsoever to do with the payment structure.

He said that the "cost" (ie the payments to Dortmund) would be spread over the full length of Sancho's contract, thereby making the deal more affordable for United - that is a different claim entirely and one which he presumably can evidence in some way. Otherwise, he is completely wrong.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Maybe he knows this guy from reddit who is supposed to be tier 2 for transfers, like I say this may not come to anything so don't shoot the messenger, however seeing as that guy mentioned early August then thought might as well share it anyway

Sancho: Progressing well, no hold ups so far. Expecting it to be done by early August, no sign of any delay in that regard.
Seems legit.

I believe it

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’m aware this sounds like BS, but one of my best mates (who is literally sat next to me in my living room now) cousin owns Elite Sports who represent Sancho. Well, her husband co-owns it anyway, but she also works there in press. Anyway, his (my mate) brother just text him than Sancho is going to United, that their ‘cousin let it slip’. Of course, I have no idea of the context, whether it was said on the basis of everything we already know (i.e - a deal is being discussed) or more definitively than that - but I am repeating.

I’m a grown ass man and have no desire to make shit up, for the record. My assumption is that it was probably said in the way that anyone else would probably say ‘Sancho is going to United’. I don’t know the context of the conversation, but it hasn’t excited me anymore than I already was. I’d be surprised if any agreements were reached at this stage, although I am just an interneter and have no real insight into how deals are done. I remember reading that, for all the talk of a ‘saga’ - Pogba’s deal to join United (from Juventus) was done in just two meetings. If I hear more, I’ll tell more - but one thing for certain is that the family are owners at Sancho’s agency. He had told me ages ago in passing, and about other players they represent, and is not a United fan and isn’t invested.

AFC NimbleThumb

I’m aware this sounds like BS, but one of my best mates (who is literally sat next to me in my living room now) cousin owns Elite Sports who represent Sancho. Well, her husband co-owns it anyway, but she also works there in press. Anyway, his (my mate) brother just text him than Sancho is going to United, that their ‘cousin let it slip’. Of course, I have no idea of the context, whether it was said on the basis of everything we already know (i.e - a deal is being discussed) or more definitively than that - but I am repeating.

I’m a grown ass man and have no desire to make shit up, for the record. My assumption is that it was probably said in the way that anyone else would probably say ‘Sancho is going to United’. I don’t know the context of the conversation, but it hasn’t excited me anymore than I already was. I’d be surprised if any agreements were reached at this stage, although I am just an interneter and have no real insight into how deals are done. I remember reading that, for all the talk of a ‘saga’ - Pogba’s deal to join United (from Juventus) was done in just two meetings. If I hear more, I’ll tell more - but one thing for certain is that the family are owners at Sancho’s agency. He had told me ages ago in passing, and about other players they represent, and is not a United fan and isn’t invested.
Sold.

Sancho 7 shirt on order.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders

:D:D:D

If we somehow get this deal done I can see Sancho providing cover for Bruno as well so our midfield looks sorted for the time being but I really hope we can move some deadwood and bring in a CB.

I don’t trust Lindelof/Bailly alongside Maguire in big games and Axel isn't a complete player yet either.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert

So Obasi then? I guess they dont know either if Man Utd will pay up (even if they know what Sancho wants).

RUCK4444

.... ‘so your telling me there’s a chance’? :drool: :drool:

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout

Quick and easy way to verify this what’s their name?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
So Obasi then? I guess they dont know either if Man Utd will pay up (even if they know what Sancho wants).
The other one. Obasi is a co-owner, Taofeek is the other, who is my mate’s cousin’s wife. She’s PA to some of the players herself.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
The other one. Obasi is a co-owner, Taofeek is the other, who is my mate’s cousin’s wife. She’s PA to some of the players herself.
75% owner and only director of business...

Seems fishy to me...

Sancho will move to United but this smells “ITK”

Judas

Open to offers
Not sure why someone who has been on here 8 years would suddenly randomly decide nows the time to be an ITK twat, so I believe Rozay. In Rozay I trust. It's on.

Lee565

Whilst you cant knock the guy's numbers in terms of assist and goals in the Bundesliga, I still feel cautious about splashing upwards of 80 million for this guy because of past experiences with signing players from dortmund that looked world class and flopped once coming to the premier league and based on England performances sterling and rashford seem to be a bit better than what sancho has shown.

0le

SO who gets dropped for this guy?
Nobody. We will be in some form of European competition next season. Players will be rotated because we can't play the same team every three days. Our current backup attackers are not anywhere close to showing the quality of our main three forwards so we do need him.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Whilst you cant knock the guy's numbers in terms of assist and goals in the Bundesliga, I still feel cautious about splashing upwards of 80 million for this guy because of past experiences with signing players from dortmund that looked world class and flopped once coming to the premier league and based on England performances sterling and rashford seem to be a bit better than what sancho has shown.
What you on about? Mikhitsomethingorother was outstanding.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
75% owner and only director of business...

Seems fishy to me...

Sancho will move to United but this smells “ITK”
I’m not about to interrogate him on the daily ins and outs. And I know enough about these private firms to know that whatever is on the paperwork doesn’t necessarily determine input and access. Could just be who put up the most money in the start or whatever. I do know that at their wedding all the young black footballers were there (they represent a load of them - and Todd Cantwell!).

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Nobody. We will be in some form of European competition next season. Players will be rotated because we can't play the same team every three days. Our current backup attackers are not anywhere close to showing the quality of our main three forwards so we do need him.
Someone has to drop out for him to come in.

Of course it will improve your depth and options from the bench but if you buy Sancho, he's a starter, that means someone in your team at the moment won't be.

Pav1878

I get what you mean and felt a little apprehensive myself. Then I remembered they have Haaland and had Hakimi. If someone told me we were signing either of them, I wouldn't be worried at all.

Judas

Open to offers
Sancho is an English player, who came up from the English system, built for the English game, Dortmund literally just gave him the game time to flourish, he was made here. Utterly baffling to be worried about it, truly baffling.

Status
Not open for further replies.