Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
That wasn't the point. The point is that a lot of clubs would easily pay such a sum next year even if he had just one year left on his contract. I mean that is really nothing in the current age (it's a freaking Pepe) and COVID won't lower prices forever which everyone in Dortmund knows too.

They will also look at the whole Havertz thing that is going on and think "why should an older player that isn't english and who scored less over the last two seasons be sold for more". I doubt that Dortmund wants to look weaker on the transfer market than freaking Leverkusen.
Yes, clubs would be interested but I doubt Bayern would pay that much anyway. Both Havertz and Sancho will be sold for similar money.

croadyman

Yeah, Upemecano, Grealish and Sancho will be a good summer.
Yeah him or Konate would be a cracking window and only reason the likes of Ducker & Whitwell are distancing us from signing a midfielder is because there is too many on the books at the moment

Last edited:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
At this moment I think you'd be more surprised if United didn't get him than if they did.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
At this moment I think you'd be more surprised if United didn't get him than if they did.
I've tried to avoid getting carried away with transfer rumours and whatnot over the last few years but I can't see this not happening, personally.

Womp

idiot
Seems they've reduced their demands, no way in a million years was anyone going to pay that. Was looking like they were remaining headstrong on their demands initially, guess they really aren't as financially stable as everyone suggests.

sport2793

If you don't want to be a chump listening to the same hack journalists, I would recommend following the Muppetiers subreddit. People who work inside the footballing world (both inside and outside of United) provide info anonymously there. The info has proven reliable over the last 6-8 months, almost scary how spot on it has been at times in fact (see Bruno saga from January for example). They said more than a week ago that journalists this week would start saying things such as "Dortmund have dropped their valuation" and "Sancho both does not want to come and does want to come to United". The reality according to the ITKs on that subreddit is that official talks were held earlier in the week between the Dortmund and United and total agreement has been reached, pending signatures. It's now more of a matter of when rather than if Sancho gets announced but it likely will be tied to the end of the PL.

If you are concerned about the reliability, all of the posts are archived so you can go back and connect the dots if you like.

croadyman

Seems they've reduced their demands, no way in a million years was anyone going to pay that. Was looking like they were remaining headstrong on their demands initially, guess they really aren't as financially stable as everyone suggests.
Yeah I always felt it would be around £85-90m plus add ons in the end and still believe that will be the case. He will definitely transform that RW which has been lacking for at least nine years and make us a frightening prospect to face.

croadyman

If you don't want to be a chump listening to the same hack journalists, I would recommend following the Muppetiers subreddit. People who work inside the footballing world (both inside and outside of United) provide info anonymously there. The info has proven reliable over the last 6-8 months, almost scary how spot on it has been at times in fact (see Bruno saga from January for example). They said more than a week ago that journalists this week would start saying things such as "Dortmund have dropped their valuation" and "Sancho both does not want to come and does want to come to United". The reality according to the ITKs on that subreddit is that official talks were held earlier in the week between the Dortmund and United and total agreement has been reached, pending signatures. It's now more of a matter of when rather than if Sancho gets announced but it likely will be tied to the end of the PL.

If you are concerned about the reliability, all of the posts are archived so you can go back and connect the dots if you like.
Yeah and they also broke it a couple of days before the journos about a CB being Utd's second priority this summer after a RW so feel they deserve a little bit of credit for that as well.

Last edited:

Adnan

Talent Spotter

They're also on twitter

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

Just followed them. They are saying an announcement is expected between July 18 and end of the month. We ll see how it goes.

sport2793

They're also on twitter

Yep they also have a website. Usually they post on all platforms fairly quickly but the most in-depth discussion about the info (and additional clarifications from ITKs) get discussed on the subreddit. Jroades, the guy who runs the whole thing, regularly posts update videos on Twitter where he walks everyone through the info they are getting and tries to piece all together.

sport2793

Yeah and they also broke it about a CB being Utd's second priority this summer after a RW so feel they deserve a little bit of credit for that as well.
Yep they have been far less bullish about United getting Grealish this summer than media personalities who have discussed the potential deal, primarily due to the cost involved (on top of Sancho) and like you mentioned, the arguably greater need for getting another CB (considering that the club would like to move Jones, Smalling, and Rojo + Tuanzebe/Bailly injury record). They say the situation may change if Villa get relegated and the price goes down but there's a good chance that Liverpool and City are also interested and would likely challenge United for him regardless.

RC89

Why are you lying?

Leicester were adamant they weren’t going below £90m. We got Maguire for £80m.

Crystal Palace wanted £55m for AWB and the cancellation of the sell-on for Zaha. We got him for £45m and kept the sell-on.

Sporting wanted £75m for Bruno. We got him for £45m.

This has been discussed many times.
Where have I lied? I said we were crap at it. And I still hold that belief. Where is the lie? We paid a world record for Maguire and AWB (as far as I'm aware).

Relax yourself and get your blood pressure down.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yep they also have a website. Usually they post on all platforms fairly quickly but the most in-depth discussion about the info (and additional clarifications from ITKs) get discussed on the subreddit. Jroades, the guy who runs the whole thing, regularly posts update videos on Twitter where he walks everyone through the info they are getting and tries to piece all together.
I'll give that a read, cheers..

RC89

JustinC00

Dortmund saying they have players targeted if he goes. The 2 clubs definitely have started communicating. Wonder if Dortmund wants to buy his replacement before they sell.

sport2793

Should also mention that with the Muppetiers, not all the ITKs say the same thing as some are within the club and others are more linked with agents and entertainment industry. I believe one of the ITKs is not even a United fan (ITK3) but still provides information there. The tier guide on the Muppetiers website can give you a good idea of who has a proven track record and who has not had as much of a track record. Rule of thumb is that G5 and ITK4 tend to be the most reliable, especially G5 for the current targets that United are tracking/negotiating for.

Another really good example of their reliability has to do with Van de Beek, they were pressing the brakes on any quick conclusion coming to that deal when the Ajax Tier 1 came out with that news initially. It is true that RM have decided not to go for VDB this summer but United have higher priority targets in that position. It is an easier deal to complete though in that it is not a third-party driven deal (most communications between clubs being routed through the agents, who can twist info to their advantage), like Sancho and Grealish, but instead directly between Ed and VDS, and would be cheaper to complete.

Last edited:

croadyman

Yep they have been far less bullish about United getting Grealish this summer than media personalities who have discussed the potential deal, primarily due to the cost involved (on top of Sancho) and like you mentioned, the arguably greater need for getting another CB (considering that the club would like to move Jones, Smalling, and Rojo + Tuanzebe/Bailly injury record). They say the situation may change if Villa get relegated and the price goes down but there's a good chance that Liverpool and City are also interested and would likely challenge United for him regardless.
I also think the situation will change when we have sold a couple of midfielders too but that is just my opinion on the situation, we can certainly put their survival hopes into deeper water later today but why does this game make me think they are due a result.

sport2793

They also reported the Pogba contract a week ago, preceding the news that came out today. Some ITKs saying it's done while 1 or 2 others saying some details still need to be touched up and is dependent on CL qualification.

sport2793

I also think the situation will change when we have sold a couple of midfielders too but that is just my opinion on the situation, we can certainly put their survival hopes into deeper water later today but why does this game make me think they are due a result.
Ya that's probably true (thinking Pereira and Lingard). Fingers crossed we can continue the winning streak.

Here is a clarification tweet about the Pogba contract and Muppetiers:

RC89

Do you have a link to the subreddit? I never use it and don't want to be looking at an imposter subreddit (if that's even possible)

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Been pessimistic about this deal but this to me is the clearest sign both clubs are talking and this might happen.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Would be amazing if we get this done. Finally a muppet signing even I can get giddy over.

croadyman

Would be amazing if we get this done. Finally a muppet signing even I can get giddy over.
Would be even better if we could also get Konate or Upamecano to partner Maguire. Obviously will need to sell a couple of centre backs for that to happen.

I still see movement in the midfield department too despite what has been said today. However have to sell Lingard/Mata/Sanchez first.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

To be honest last summer was crazy on reddit in United sub group. A lot of false made up rumour was made and then Reddevil sub forum banned ITK news. So this was created for that purpose.

I have been following them for some time and they do get few things correct ( especially the guy they mention as ITK 4) but it is mostly miss than hits. Overall I would advise not to take them too seriously. But it is still good fun to read some of the news.

zenith

I really hope that we drive a hard bargain for this one. For once, we are in the driving seat of not being desperate and Dortmund will be increasingly anxious to cash in on him.

If we still end up paying over 100 million for him in this post pandemic world, then it would be utter stupidity.

Yeah, he seems like the last block in the puzzle but IMHO he's not that brilliant as is often made out to be. Let's keep in mind that the quality of defending in Bundesliga is abysmal and he's coming from Dortmund, which is a very system reliant team (kagawa and mikhi).

A 100 million plus sum should be reserved for proven quality or a sure thing. Really hope we do not end up paying over 80 million for him

croadyman

I really hope that we drive a hard bargain for this one. For once, we are in the driving seat of not being desperate and Dortmund will be increasingly anxious to cash in on him.

If we still end up paying over 100 million for him in this post pandemic world, then it would be utter stupidity.

Yeah, he seems like the last block in the puzzle but IMHO he's not that brilliant as is often made out to be. Let's keep in mind that the quality of defending in Bundesliga is abysmal and he's coming from Dortmund, which is a very system reliant team (kagawa and mikhi).

A 100 million plus sum should be reserved for proven quality or a sure thing. Really hope we do not end up paying over 80 million for him
85m plus add ons looks on the cards

SmallCaine

Are they actually reliable? Just read their posts.

In February they were all convinced that chong is going to inter and gomes is signing a contract. They did werner itk review, where only 1 guy mentions Chelsea that too in just 1 post. But they are all apparently correct because utd were never interested and didn't sign him. Funny they didn't do any Chong or Gomes reviews.

Vdb is another interesting one, no mention until news broke. One even said file closed the day the vdb news broke and suddenly very conveniently all had info of vdb the very next day. One itk even says 99% done, before that news they were all in unison about grealish being done, but once vdb news broke the grealish price just wasn't right. The same guy who said vdb 99% done a few days later says its between grealish and vdb with choice left to ole. That doesn't even make sense, one is a am and can play lw, the other is a dlp. Also how does a transfer get 99% done if manager doesn't know who he wants?

Last edited:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Throw enough shit to the wall and some will stick.

They are proven to be serial bullshitters last summer and some of them was comically bad, driven by none other than Manutd reddit mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.