Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Exactly! If people are having problems figuring out how 4 players can fit into 3 positions over a 60 game season this place is going to combust when we also add a top quality number 9 to the quarter.
Amazing isn't it, having strength and depth in 2020 is essential.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Can Sancho play number 10 role?
I never watched the games, but apparently that's where he was playing since the lockdown ended. His stats did go down though, he had one game where he scored a hattrick but otherwise didn't score and only had one assist. That could have been because he wasn't as good playing #10, could be because he just didn't return from the lockdown all that well, or maybe he was playing well but just not quite getting the goals/assist stats that he was from either wing.

Exactly! If people are having problems figuring out how 4 players can fit into 3 positions over a 60 game season this place is going to combust when we also add a top quality number 9 to the quarter.
I highly doubt we're looking to do that. Martial is going to be our main #9, with Ighalo the short-term cover and Greenwood developing into the long-term cover/first choice.

Lj82

Transfers are made during the season all the time. You lot signed Bruno during this season for example.
I think it's because many parties are involved. It's not just a deal between two clubs, but also the player and his agent. There are details like who pays the agent, and how much etc. I think Utd has some policy regarding agents and it takes time to iron out. Then there is the player's contract etc.

BlahRules

We'll see. Greenwood is outplaying them both right now, if he keeps it up then it'll be hard to drop him. Martial will lose out in my opinion because he doesn't bring as much when he's not scoring and he fades into the background in games too much. Not to mention that I think Ole has a soft spot for Rashford and any of our youth products.
Martial played amazing yesterday. He wasn't quite, the only thing missing from the game was a goal, his link up and hold up play is phenomenon.

OGS may have a soft spot for youth players but he has made it clear in previous games Martial pressing is very underrated.

The difference with Rashford and Martial is the latter is required to be on the pitch for us to play good football hence why he is being protected and taken off when the game is over.

Fracture90

Back to Sancho, he’s only going to improve as well. The one among the four who has the most to fear from the rise of Greenwood is Martial.
I'd argue that Tony Marshall is actually the one who's to be the least worried. He brings to the team something that no one else in the team can do. His combination of strength, pace, technical ability, finishing and brining others in the game in the number 9 position is irreplaceable atm.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Sorry but looks like you are agreeing that Bayern are nowhere near RM or Barca

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't see that Barca did much more than Bayern over the last decade. In my view Real and Bayern were the 2 best teams of the decade, pretty close to eachother in terms of quality, with the better/luckier ending for Madrid which resulted in 4 UCLs (of which 2 were really lucky). But i accept if people say they put Barca & Real over Bayern.

But saying that Bayern over the last decade has been on City's level is just a cringe provocation.

Last edited:

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
The entire German football world seems to be very bitter when it comes to the PL. From the heads of their FA, to club directors down to the fans, you could feel the bitterness and envy towards the PL whenever they speak. Its not the PL's fault your shit league can't bring in even half of what PL does. Wasn't it Wolfsburg or Schalke who were literally begging PL fans to watch their league when they restarted before everyone else? LoL! PL starts and BOOM they go back to irrelevance. I'll readily sit through a Parma vs Lecce game than watch Bayern against teams who'd rather go on relegation than do anything resembling defending.

Greatest football joy was watching Rumenigge cry inside like a little girl, face all reddened up as we lifted the CL at the Allianz Arena. Gave him credit for holding back the tears though, at least the Bayern cloth around his neck would have had some use.
That guy is a special kind of PL hating prick.

beingshe7don

"Hi Ed, get Sancho, get trophies, get fanbase, sell t-shirts, get sponsors, share up, money good" A friend of mine who knows someone high up was in the meeting and Woodward was clapping his hands over his head after the discussion.
We've got to pay about 250m in transfer fee debt alone and the current pandemic climate isn't doing us any favors. It's not all that simple as..... get trophies, get fanbase, sell t-shirts....... etc.

beingshe7don

I've seen a few people say this. I would say be quiet Ed and thank me later. That's it. There is no point having this conversation if people have to ask this question. People lose form. People get injured. It gives us stronger options. It means we can rotate and the drop off isn't so high etc. There are many reasons. You buy Sancho to make teams panic so that they can't just put two men on Greenwood because in other areas of the pitch, you have players similar who can hurt you. There are so many reasons...

There is no need to explain it to Ed. Ed already loves the idea of having one of the best players of the next generation in United shirt. Sancho is a player in the mould of Neymar, Pogba, Ronaldo who is marketable, sells more shirt and will attract more business to United.

And after the emergence of Greenwood, many on this thread has been saying no need to sign Sancho. We are going to play around 60 games next season. James is a squad player, an impact sub but not a starter. If there is any injury to Rashford or Greenwood, James would be starting and he doesn't have an impact as the other two. So I would love the idea of bringing Sancho who can play on either wings, as a 10. Greenwood can play at RW as a striker. Rashford can play LW as a striker. It's a selection headache for OGS but we fans need to be happy having so many options in the forward line.

PS : We can get more farther with Sancho and Greenwood rather than with Greenwood alone.
The emphasis was on spending 90 - 100m player when you've got someone who 2 years younger and is able to reach the heights that Sancho has. I don't doubt the fact that Sancho could work wonders for us and we probably do need firepower to ensure that we deliver a PL title soon. However, there are other areas that would need upgrading as well aka CM (if Pogba or Bruno are injured), DM (Is the Matic resurgence temporary? will age catch up next season? can he be consistent? will he be found out by the bigger teams? can we depend on McT & Fred to deputize when required?, CB (We need a CB that can be relied on. Maguire has been shaky at times and is slow and Lindelof albeit he's proven to be a good partner for Maguire, is he a long term option when it comes to winning the PL?

Do we need a 90 - 100m player or can we do with a 40 - 60m instead? I've already heard the shirt sales and marketability options... We've already got Pogba, Bruno, Rashford, Martial, and with Greenwood's rapid growth, not long before he becomes a hot marketing commodity as well.

Let me reiterate as a fan, I would be more than happy to get Sancho but we do not have an infinite transfer budget, should we be looking at the bigger picture?

RkkMan

The emphasis was on spending 90 - 100m player when you've got someone who 2 years younger and is able to reach the heights that Sancho has. I don't doubt the fact that Sancho could work wonders for us and we probably do need firepower to ensure that we deliver a PL title soon. However, there are other areas that would need upgrading as well aka CM (if Pogba or Bruno are injured), DM (Is the Matic resurgence temporary? will age catch up next season? can he be consistent? will he be found out by the bigger teams? can we depend on McT & Fred to deputize when required?, CB (We need a CB that can be relied on. Maguire has been shaky at times and is slow and Lindelof albeit he's proven to be a good partner for Maguire, is he a long term option when it comes to winning the PL?

Do we need a 90 - 100m player or can we do with a 40 - 60m instead? I've already heard the shirt sales and marketability options... We've already got Pogba, Bruno, Rashford, Martial, and with Greenwood's rapid growth, not long before he becomes a hot marketing commodity as well.

Let me reiterate as a fan, I would be more than happy to get Sancho but we do not have an infinite transfer budget, should we be looking at the bigger picture?
Ed spent 80m on Maguire when we already had 6CBs on our books
Also bought Lukaku even though we had Rashford
Also bought Alexis even though we have Martial
If Sancho is gettable and wants to come best believe he will be a Utd player and we will still buy a CB and back up no10 depending on sales.

bsCallout

Martial played amazing yesterday. He wasn't quite, the only thing missing from the game was a goal, his link up and hold up play is phenomenon.

OGS may have a soft spot for youth players but he has made it clear in previous games Martial pressing is very underrated.

The difference with Rashford and Martial is the latter is required to be on the pitch for us to play good football hence why he is being protected and taken off when the game is over.
Wow I can't believe he said Martial doesnt offer much without his goals.

beingshe7don

Ed spent 80m on Maguire when we already had 6CBs on our books.
Before Maguire, we had Lindelof (Can't head the ball), Bailly (Injury-prone), Rojo (Not good enough), Tuanzebe (Young, inexperienced, Injury-prone), Jones (Not good enough, makes way too many mistakes, Injury-prone), Smalling (Was not a ball playing CB). As you can tell, despite having 6 CBs, all of them have their issues.

Also bought Lukaku even though we had Rashford
Lukaku was bought to play Jose's style of football which includes a Drogba type Target Man. However, Lukaku's first touch and poor hold up play let him down and that's why Ole couldn't depend on him. Lukaku was brought in as well because he guaranteed goals whereas Rashford hasn't proven to be a 20 PL goal striker yet. Jose didn't see Rashford as a No. 9 but as a winger/ attacking player sort.

Also bought Alexis even though we have Martial
Jose fell out with Martial and wanted him sold. Alexis was brought because of his reputation of what he had accomplished at Arsenal, shirt sales and it was also a power play to one-up Man City, only for it to backfire.

If Sancho is gettable and wants to come best believe he will be a Utd player and we will still buy a CB and back up no10 depending on sales.
No one is questioning that Sancho is gettable. We are the only player in for him as no other club want to fork out 90 - 100m on one player in this pandemic climate.

macheda14

No one is questioning that Sancho is gettable. We are the only player in for him as no other club want to fork out 90 - 100m on one player in this pandemic climate.
Yet Chelsea are rumoured to be about to spend close to that on Havertz as well as having just brought in Werner and Ziyech (although his deal was agreed pre lockdown) as well as strong rumours that they will go for one more player even after that.

Also re do we need to spend that much and impact our chances at signing other players? Yes. We have the chance to buy one of the best young players in the world. If we pass that up chances are he goes somewhere else next summer and for close to the amount he would go for this summer because there will be a bidding war. We have some adequate cover in all areas, enough that if we can play mctominay instead of Matic, Fred instead of Pogba and maybe even Sancho instead of Bruno. Then having as potent an attack as the one we would have with him in the team covers for deficiencies at the back.

Realistically we won’t be challenging for the title next season, so if we’re looking at a 2 year plan. Then just push back buying cover for other areas one year.

Last edited:

beingshe7don

Yet Chelsea are rumoured to be about to spend close to that on Havertz as well as having just brought in Werner and Ziyech (although his deal was agreed pre lockdown) as well as strong rumours that they will go for one more player even after that.
Chelsea bought Werner for 45m, Ziyech for 35m, and are quoted to be trying to sign Havertz for 70m (not 90 - 100m which is being quoted for Sancho). That's a total attacking revamp for 150m which on avg, they would have spent 50m/ player which aren't bad deals. All of those players have a reputation to create and score a lot of goals. They sold Hazard for 100m and haven't actually spent that money and coupled with the fact that they had a transfer ban of 2 windows. So they've got the funds and they also need to spend to replace Willian, Hazard, Pedro, and Giroud.

macheda14

Chelsea bought Werner for 45m, Ziyech for 35m, and are quoted to be trying to sign Havertz for 70m (not 90 - 100m which is being quoted for Sancho). That's a total attacking revamp for 150m which on avg, they would have spent 50m/ player which aren't bad deals. All of those players have a reputation to create and score a lot of goals. They sold Hazard for 100m and haven't actually spent that money and coupled with the fact that they had a transfer ban of 2 windows. So they've got the funds and they also need to spend to replace Willian, Hazard, Pedro, and Giroud.
I mean we’re ‘trying to’ get Sancho for 80 and rumours are coming out that Chelsea may pay 100mill euros. We can’t really be sure until it happens. You said no club is willing to spend 90-100 on a single player in the current climate, but whats the difference of one club filling a gap of two players for 100 and one club filling a major gap of one player for the 100 mill if it encourages the same result? You’re still spending that 100 million.

What you’re asking for is probably as crazy in this climate as well. A 60 mill winger (who you foresee being displaced by Greenwood), a CM to deputise for Pogba and Bruno (40 mill), a CDM to either start ahead of Matic (50 mill?) or deputise (30/40 mill) and a CB to start alongside Harry (feck knows who we could get for under 60 who is worth it).

Why not go for someone who is pretty much a sure fire way to improve our right wing NOW. A position that has been empty for years. In two years Greenwood may displace Martial or Sancho pushes to the left and Rashford misses out. Who knows.

Chances are we will have more funds again next summer. We can focus on bringing in actual quality. I’d rather slowly change the team by bringing in the best or potentially best in their positions, rather than seeing a weakness and thinking it needs fixing with someone only slightly better than what we have now.

The strongest rumours for our summer are that we will go for Sancho AND Grealish. That fixes the right wing and deputises for Pogba and Bruno. Next summer we can focus on CDM and CB.

GiddyUp

I don't see that Barca did much more than Bayern over the last decade. In my view Real and Bayern were the 2 best teams of the decade, pretty close to eachother in terms of quality, with the better/luckier ending for Madrid which resulted in 4 UCLs (of which 2 were really lucky). But i accept if people say they put Barca & Real over Bayern.

But saying that Bayern over the last decade has been on City's level is just a cringe provocation.
Jesus christ man, are you full kit?

GiddyUp

I mean we’re ‘trying to’ get Sancho for 80 and rumours are coming out that Chelsea may pay 100mill euros. We can’t really be sure until it happens. You said no club is willing to spend 90-100 on a single player in the current climate, but whats the difference of one club filling a gap of two players for 100 and one club filling a major gap of one player for the 100 mill if it encourages the same result? You’re still spending that 100 million.

What you’re asking for is probably as crazy in this climate as well. A 60 mill winger (who you foresee being displaced by Greenwood), a CM to deputise for Pogba and Bruno (40 mill), a CDM to either start ahead of Matic (50 mill?) or deputise (30/40 mill) and a CB to start alongside Harry (feck knows who we could get for under 60 who is worth it).

Why not go for someone who is pretty much a sure fire way to improve our right wing NOW. A position that has been empty for years. In two years Greenwood may displace Martial or Sancho pushes to the left and Rashford misses out. Who knows.

Chances are we will have more funds again next summer. We can focus on bringing in actual quality. I’d rather slowly change the team by bringing in the best or potentially best in their positions, rather than seeing a weakness and thinking it needs fixing with someone only slightly better than what we have now.

The strongest rumours for our summer are that we will go for Sancho AND Grealish. That fixes the right wing and deputises for Pogba and Bruno. Next summer we can focus on CDM and CB.
We should definitely buy both. Goals goals and more fecking goals.

reddevilchennai

I agree that there are holes to fill in the squad. But RW has been a problem for a decade and Greenwood would eventually move into ST position. So why not go for the best RW available in the market right now. Signing him would solve our RW problem for another 10 years. It is more about buying quality than quantity.

I would like us to sign Sancho and a CB.

Infra-red

One of these accounts pops up every transfer window claiming there ITK and deals are almost done. 99% of the time it’s utter bullshit and you never hear from them again.
Yep. Rarely post anything falsifiable. When they do, it's always subsequently proven to be fabricated and they delete their accounts.

joedirt87

3 rounds of proposals. that mean's we get at least 3 rounds of preparing the bid in the next 48.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

Liverpool scored 75 league goals so far while last season 89 goals. City scored 86 league goals so far while last season 95 goals. They are basically teams who are capable to score 80+ league goals and we aren't, that's the aspect we're trying to improve right now. Even Chelsea is also focusing to improve in this aspect despite of having much worse in defense.

IMO we are't going to score 80-85 league goals by relying on Greenwood, Martial & Rashford alone next season because they haven't prove themselves to be capable to score 25 league goals per season. At this moment, they are still goal scorer who only give us around 15 league goals. However if we sign Sancho, we will have 5 players who can score 15 league goals per season. It's pretty much 75 goals from 5 players, while the other 5-10 goals can come from Pogba and others.

You can talk about Pogba or Bruno being injured, the same goes what will happen if our current trio being injured, we also need someone to cover their goal threat. If Pogba is injured, we have Fred to cover his spot. If Bruno is injured, we have Pogba get shifted to Bruno's role. Fred can play in Matic's role while both Ole & Matic see the potential in Scott capable playing in the role. Given how very well they have performed this season, both Scott & Fred deserve their chance next season.

Sancho offers both goals & creativity means he's basically 2 in 1 package of buy, pretty much a 90m-100m for a player who is like 2 players. He will cover the goals if we need someone to score, he will also cover the creativity if we end up missing one of the other creative player (Pogba & Bruno). Not every creativity need to come from no 10 or Bruno's position.

Sancho & CB for this summer imo.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus

ITK for all my fellow Sancho transfer muppets :keano:
Letting BVB know we've got 3 incremental proposals prepared and then still hoping they might accept one of the lower bids is definitely an interesting negotiation tactic.

LawCharltonBest

Enjoys watching fox porn
Letting BVB know we've got 3 incremental proposals prepared and then still hoping they might accept one of the lower bids is definitely an interesting negotiation tactic.
If only there were some clue that that twitter profile was making stuff up. But it’s on Twitter in writing so I imagine it’s true

And yeah, interesting tactic. “I have £100 I’ll give you, but I’d rather keep that for me. So can you please take £50 or £75 instead?”

“yeah the 50 will do”

Artorias

Hahaha that's a Woody tactic! In the other hand, maybe the proposals are different in the payment method (less money, but full cash vs more money in instalments and bonus)

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I'm hearing united are prepared to pay up to 100 million for Sancho, but are hoping to pull off a masterstroke by offering 60 million and seeing if Dortmund accept it. They've only told some random attention seeking bloke on twitter, so as long as he doesn't say anything, the plan's a good un

Fooza

More like David Cartwrong, 'youknowwhati'msaying. I thought fake ITK tweets were not allowed?

cyberman

The one thing thats proven time and time again is that we haven't got an ITK. Literally nobody.

Theres a supposed ITK on the Muppetier page thats given out stories about European transfers as if hes Romano himself and he is a quoted source that they push forward ffs.

hungrywing

TBF it probably is something like:

1. 60m + 80m in total addons
2. 75m + 50m in total addons
3. 85m + 30m in total addons

Ok Dortmund, take your pick (with room for minor adjustments; also figures exaggerrated for simplicity)

But the tweet sounds like it's a thirteen year old who has a vague grasp on the notion thinking that the offers were made sequentially whilst also knowing that doesn't necessarily make sense and in the end not Englishing well enough.

Last edited:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Remember when any ITK business was banned on the caf? Yeah, I liked it better like that and I’m muppet since the Berbatov era.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
All the ITK on Twitter are bs merchants. They keep changing tone and delete post in case it goes wrong or make new story.

There are enough reliable journalist giving information on this deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.