Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zapata

All the ITK on Twitter are bs merchants. They keep changing tone and delete post in case it goes wrong or make new story.

There are enough reliable journalist giving information on this deal.
that's why i stopped looking at twitter for news, people are just trying to get those likes and rt's. I'll just wait until it is confirmed here :smirk:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
According to the reliable Bild.. They're referencing The Athletic as the source for Dembele being the alternative target.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
According to the reliable Bild.. They're referencing The Athletic as the source for Dembele being the alternative target.

With these obligations to buy are you allowed to pay in installments over a few years or does it have to be a lump sum payment at the end of the loan at year 1?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
According to this BVB fan account, Bild have confirmed The Athletic's story that Ousmane Dembele is a alternative target to Sancho.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
With these obligations to buy are you allowed to pay in installments over a few years or does it have to be a lump sum payment at the end of the loan at year 1?
I'm not sure but I wouldn't have thought so considering the amount involved.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I'm not sure but I wouldn't have thought so considering the amount involved.
But isn’t that what Roma are doing? They pay 3m upfront then obligated to pay 18m but in three installments. Not sure how far that story is true but if it is possible then we should definitely take it.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
But isn’t that what Roma are doing? They pay 3m upfront then obligated to pay 18m but in three installments. Not sure how far that story is true but if it is possible then we should definitely take it.
I can't see us paying the amount in one lump sum. So I envisage it will be paid in instalments. A loan with a obligation to buy would suit us too.

Jericholyte2

That would be a mind-glowingly good deal for everyone:
  • Gives Dortmund exactly what they want re: transfer fee
  • Gives United the game-changing player we want now
  • Gives us a year of financial recovery and planning to mitigate the large fee
  • Gives us the chance to also spend on other areas of the team whilst Sancho would be next January/summer’s budget.

Tarrou

That would be a mind-glowingly good deal for everyone:
  • Gives Dortmund exactly what they want re: transfer fee
  • Gives United the game-changing player we want now
  • Gives us a year of financial recovery and planning to mitigate the large fee
  • Gives us the chance to also spend on other areas of the team whilst Sancho would be next January/summer’s budget.
€150m would be a terrible deal for United

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
We'll see. Greenwood is outplaying them both right now, if he keeps it up then it'll be hard to drop him. Martial will lose out in my opinion because he doesn't bring as much when he's not scoring and he fades into the background in games too much. Not to mention that I think Ole has a soft spot for Rashford and any of our youth products.
Don't think Mason or Rashford can match Martial in the number 9 position at the moment.

I have thought about an Mbappe kind of deal as well in which we pay far beyond his market value as a price of paying a year later.

Bondi77

Don’t know about you guys but I think the emergence of Mason (whom I stated at the start of the season would make the right side his own by the end of the season) puts us in a position of strength if Sancho wants to come to Utd.
We can put in a take it or leave it offer to Dortmund and we leave it at that;
It is not as if we have not bent over already as we have stepped aside and given them a clear run at Haaland and Bellingham so as far as I am concerned it is no more Mr Nice Guy

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The entire German football world seems to be very bitter when it comes to the PL. From the heads of their FA, to club directors down to the fans, you could feel the bitterness and envy towards the PL whenever they speak. Its not the PL's fault your shit league can't bring in even half of what PL does. Wasn't it Wolfsburg or Schalke who were literally begging PL fans to watch their league when they restarted before everyone else? LoL! PL starts and BOOM they go back to irrelevance. I'll readily sit through a Parma vs Lecce game than watch Bayern against teams who'd rather go on relegation than do anything resembling defending.

Greatest football joy was watching Rumenigge cry inside like a little girl, face all reddened up as we lifted the CL at the Allianz Arena. Gave him credit for holding back the tears though, at least the Bayern cloth around his neck would have had some use.
That guy is a special kind of PL hating prick.
Agreed. That’s not even mentioning their terrible social media teams online, which are all probably outsourced to the same American Media company.

Adisa

It's €50m more than what you'd expect to pay, how does that make any sense?

Capital doesn't cost 50% per year
It's just like renegotiating your interest payments lower. Usually the overall amount will increase.
Based on our cash flow situation, we might feel €100m now costs more than €150m in a year's time. Forgetting that money has time-value, we might simply not be able to afford that €100m now.
If we can't pay the money now, there has to be costs associated with paying in the future. Its like we are taking the asset on credit. We don't even know of the pics is €100m now. The articles I have seen are quoting €120/130m.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Can't remember correctly. When Mbappe moved on loan, wasn't the fee very small?
It was a scheme around FFP, they didn't had him for free. They paid the premium in the agreed fee and he had a massive wage.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Don’t know about you guys but I think the emergence of Mason (whom I stated at the start of the season would make the right side his own by the end of the season) puts us in a position of strength if Sancho wants to come to Utd.
We can put in a take it or leave it offer to Dortmund and we leave it at that;
It is not as if we have not bent over already as we have stepped aside and given them a clear run at Haaland and Bellingham so as far as I am concerned it is no more Mr Nice Guy
What if Mason get's injured or loses form?....Even though it puts us in a position of strength are you thinking as an owner or a supporter? Because as a supporter, I can't imagine that would be the route to go down. Look, they know as well as we do Pogbas agent was a pest and that kids daddy saw the money. I know people will say otherwise but the boys 16 and would still be getting first team football if that was what was required. They want to sell Sancho but they will.

Last edited:

Adisa

It was a scheme around FFP, they didn't had him for free. They paid the premium in the agreed fee and he had a massive wage.
Know it was around ffp but the principle is the same imo. If we use a loan with an obligation to buy, the obligation has to be more than the value they are demanding.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Know it was around ffp but the principle is the same imo. If we use a loan with an obligation to buy, the obligation has to be more than the value they are demanding.
Which means that the loan isn't free.

E-mal

For 120, obligation to buy is a good deal but for 150? That's quite high in my opinion. The loan allows us to fix our defense and defensive midfield with players who are press resistant.

Tarrou

That would likely include loan fees and wages over that, not the fee upfront
I mean it says obligation to buy for €150m, would be a weird thing to include in that fee

It's probably horse-shit anyway, so not worth debating the finer details

GJNJ

I don't understand the logic behind this. You still have to pay €150 million ffs which is an enormous sum of money.
He's done nothing at Barcelona which would justify an increase fee from what they paid form him.. Particularly in the current climate.

I can only assume it just Barcelona trying to create a market for him.

wolvored

It's just like when Simon Stone said we are not selling Pogba unless they pay the price we want and people believed that. Add that to the fact that Dortmund has a history of not budging from their price tag. Why are people now thinking Dortmund would lower their price
This in a nutshell. Utd cant say we wont budge unless we get our valuation, but we want to pay a lot less than Dortmunds valuation. I think we will end up paying £88 mill plus attainable add ons to get to the price they want, so Woody can say he hasnt paid more upfront that he did for Pogba.

Status
Not open for further replies.