Television James Corden

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I know I might get a lot of stick for this but I just don't understand the hate for him. He seems like a genuinely top bloke.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
James Cordon on stage with Coldplay.

Peakiest of peaks.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Say what you want about Hitler but at least he never sang with Coldplay.
I used to rule the world
Seas would rise when I gave the word
Now in the morning I sleep alone
Sweep the streets I used to own
I used to roll the dice
Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing
"Now the old king is dead! Long live the king!"
One minute I held the key
Next the walls were closed on me
And I discovered that my castles stand
Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand
Tell me Hitler didn't pen those lyrics

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Feels wrong for a thread about James Corden to be in the "Entertainment" forum.

Anyway...

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Nah he's a top bloke, just misunderstood.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Gavin and Stacey. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Gavin's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Gavin and Stacey truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Gavin's existential catchphrase "Pete's already eyeing up my Bhunas" which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Gavin and Stacey tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Nah he's a top bloke, just misunderstood.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Gavin and Stacey. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Gavin's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Gavin and Stacey truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Gavin's existential catchphrase "Pete's already eyeing up my Bhunas" which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Gavin and Stacey tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.
Very good but Dan Harmon didn't work on Gavin and Stacey

HookedOnAPhelan

I've never understood the appeal of Carpool Karaoke. Never mind James Corden, but artists sitting in a car singing their own songs just seems weird to me. If they were singing for example their favorite songs by other artists it would make more sense.