Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

edgecutter

With all the players having their say in the media about their doubts over Ole, there is simply no way he can stay in the job. He has to go regardless of having a ready made replacement.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Be gobsmacked if he wasn't gone by early evening tomorrow. Everything pointing towards it

RazorOz

But we know the club hasn't denied the reports of Ole being sacked. This reminds me of the club's stance before we sacked Moyes. We'll see tomorrow but I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Ole's gone first thing tomorrow.
All the media knew Moyes was gone the day before he did. They were all running stories "David Moyes to be sacked as Man Utd manager" the night before he was. The media on Solskjaer today is nothing like that.

This vote of confidence is hardly a vote of much confidence really either. It's a much different tone than we saw in the international break, it doesn't give much confidence he'll be here much longer if you were in his camp, if the best thing going for him is the lack of a replacement lined up.

EtH

"Cristiano Ronaldo is also thought to have become frustrated by some of Mason Greenwood’s decision-making and reluctance to pass in goal scoring positions."

Thank feck for that.
What a load of bollocks.

Loon

:lol:
I think there's more hope than anything in this thread. Conte is a volatile guy and when it all went whiffy, it cost Chelsea £26m to get rid. I think I would rather a caretaker until May and then a long, hard look at all possibilities.

I don't know if it's the Chelsea/Inter thing, or the volatility, but I'm concerned he'll be another Mourinho.

Mainoldo

It takes time to line these things up, if you think Chelsea did that in 24 hours you’re naive.
I don’t. What a think is naive is a club that did zero but nothing to have contingency plans watching this shite show for 4 weeks.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
It is refreshing to see that there is at least a possibility our board might not be as rash with this decision as the mob would have them be.

Let us hope anyway.
I’m not against that. Why haven’t they backed Ole if they aren’t sacking him though? Why not look for a manager whilst supporting him publicly? Why zero comments as the rumours spread and leaks of player mutiny filled the void? They’ve hung him out to dry here today. Even this isn’t a message of support - it’s a “yeah we think he’s shit too but who else is there?” If he’d lost some of the players before today then feck knows where they are now. We’re just pissing away points at this stage.

Well of course there’s no change, until there is change.
He’s gone, the succession planning is holding it up. I don’t think they want Conte as top choice, but they likely want a manager that can salvage this season. It’s a hell of a long caretaker spell till the Summer.
They won’t wanna give Conte a long deal, so that could hold it up depending on his demands.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
With all the players having their say in the media about their doubts over Ole, there is simply no way he can stay in the job. He has to go regardless of having a ready made replacement.
Yeah, they're basically saying "Nice guy, shit manager"

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
So will Ole be expected to return to training tomorrow? Not knowing whether he will be in charge for the weekend? The club is a f*cking disgrace. More protests are required.

MalaysianRed7

Pot calling the kettle. Ronaldo forgets that he went through the exact same with van Nistelrooy as a youngster. Maybe he should keep those feelings private between him and Mason and coach him to improve his decision making.
Extremely unfair. Did he say it himself? He has never complained about Mason, although you can tell his irritation when Mason simply flat out refuses to pass to him, which is fair because he has been uncharacteristically selfish this season. What he did say was that young lads nowadays are extremely lucky and privileged, and because of that more arrogant. Guess what? He’s right again! I’m a young guy myself and I’ve been given the opportunity to come to England already, and I know how lucky I am.

If Mason and the rest of the young lads can’t handle words as blunt as this, then they don’t deserve the chance to play with him.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
There was a Ducker thing about 20 mins ago where it said his position was unchanged, not sure what to think at the moment.
I think the club are possibly mulling over their next step before they relieve Solskjaer of his duties. The leaks to the BBC about the players losing faith in the Manager along with claims about certain players being indulged is also alarming. I'm not sure how he survives and would be surprised if he's still in the job by the time we play Spurs.

snk123

What a load of bollocks.

It's not just Ronaldo - Cavani was visibly frustrated last season as well. I don't blame Mason that much but I do blame the coaching staff who can't improve his decision making. It's definitely coming from the manager who asks him to shoot regardless of the position he's playing him in.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Every manager is drooling at the chance to manage this squad. Only our current manager will look clueless with this lot
Exactly. It’s probably 1-2 players away from being a match for any team in the world currently but perfectly capable of succeeding even without those new players.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Also Ronaldo IMO. Don't think he will be Conte's type at all.
If he can get a tune out of Sanchez and Lukaku he will be OK with Ronaldo.

It's not like he's immobile. Will get plenty of crosses in too.

crossy1686

career ending
He got sacked and signed for Chelsea literally back to back. Who can you line up someone who’s already in a job?
They wanted rid of Lampard but had to wait for a decent manager to come available, Tuchel got sacked, they called him, sacked Lampard. They didn't sack Lampard because Tuchel got fired from PSG.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Might as well close the club. No one in charge cares anymore.

I knew this would happen, but I let myself get sucked in the hope that this club has some sense and ambition

el3mel

So will Ole be expected to return to training tomorrow? Not knowing whether he will be in charge for the weekend? The club is a f*cking disgrace. More protests are required.
Maybe he'll be called to Woodward's or whoever is in charge now office before the training and will be told he's sacked.

One can only hope, as this is literally the only thing I can do now.

EtH

I’m not against that. Why haven’t they backed Ole if they aren’t sacking him though? Why not look for a manager whilst supporting him publicly? Why zero comments as the rumours spread and leaks of player mutiny filled the void? They’ve hung him out to dry here today. Even this isn’t a message of support - it’s a “yeah we think he’s shit too but who else is there?” If he’d lost some of the players before today then feck knows where they are now. We’re just pissing away points at this stage.
Don’t disagree but appointing Conte would just be more of the same from the board. I feel for Olly. I really do. But my priority at the moment is ending up with the right man in charge.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
All the media knew Moyes was gone the day before he did. They were all running stories "David Moyes to be sacked as Man Utd manager" the night before he was. The media on Solskjaer today is nothing like that.

This vote of confidence is hardly a vote of much confidence really either. It's a much different tone than we saw in the international break, it doesn't give much confidence he'll be here much longer if you were in his camp, if the best thing going for him is the lack of a replacement lined up.
IIRC the Moyes being sacked reports started to come out the Sunday night and we had all Monday to deny them and we didn't. I could be remembering it wrong but I'm pretty sure there was a line from the club basically saying Moyes' position was unchanged then he got the boot Tuesday morning. Not exactly the same as this situation as no journo has said we're set to sack Ole but most reporting on the Woodward/Glazer meeting and saying it's under consideration.

dinostar77

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...faith-ole-gunnar-solskjaer-manchester-united/

Some quotes, obviously cannot post the full article but that seems to be the gist of it. He ain't going anywhere, so strap in!
Read the whole article. If hes lost part of the dressing room hes doomed anyway. Interesting that his baffling selections are being questioned by the players. As is the lack of consequences for poor performances on thebpitcj.

Also his treatment of the likes of VDB and Lingaard being questioned by the players themselves.

I have no doubts if Poch was available he would be first choice for Utd. Unless PSG sack him theres no chance of getting him out of there.

Maybe utd will try to see this current storm out. Fat chance of that though with City up next at home and Chelsea a few league games after that.

Kind of a shame Klopp let liverpool take their foot off the pedal and settle for 0-5. Could have scored a few more and then Glazers would really be left with no choice but to get rid of him.

Regardless of all that's been written, Oles team selection against Spurs will probably be the same starting XI as it was against Leicester and Liverpool. Sigh.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
"Cristiano Ronaldo is also thought to have become frustrated by some of Mason Greenwood’s decision-making and reluctance to pass in goal scoring positions."

Thank feck for that.
There was a time Ruud Van Nistelrooy also felt the same about a 20 year old Ronaldo.

I think the club are possibly mulling over their next step before they relieve Solskjaer of his duties. The leaks to the BBC about the players losing faith in the Manager along with claims about certain players being indulged is also alarming. I'm not sure how he survives and would be surprised if he's still in the job by the time we play Spurs.
It’s a tough position, you can’t really employ a caretaker for almost 30 PL games and almost an entire season, but most of their top choices will want to wait till the Summer. I’d personally risk Blanc and give him a massive wage incentive to do it so that we get the next appointment right.

That leaves only Conte and Zidane as obvious choices, Zidane I doubt wants the job and after Mourinho I think the club could consider Conte but only on a shorter term (2 yr deal). I imagine they are sounding out Poch and Ten Hag also regarding the possibility of taking over now or 1st Jan, or in the Summer before making any decision.

EtH

It's not just Ronaldo - Cavani was visibly frustrated last season as well. I don't blame Mason that much but I do blame the coaching staff who can't improve his decision making. It's definitely coming from the manager who asks him to shoot regardless of the position he's playing him in.
Totally overblown and ridiculous it’s gone public assuming it’s legit.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
I read this article as Ed sending a message to Conte 'you can't ask for whatever you want because we're not desperate'.

Kaizane

They can happily play as the wide men in a 3-4-3? nothing to worry about here.

The biggest one effected would be Fernandes.
Hope so. Fernandes to drop into a deeper midfield role maybe?

Because of AWB's complete inability to go forward, I think he would be another candidate for the chop, unless he converts to the third CB, which I don't think he has the positional sense for.

tjb

They can happily play as the wide men in a 3-4-3? nothing to worry about here.

The biggest one effected would be Fernandes.
Conte's tactics aren't set. He has used a 442 at Juventus.

Status
Not open for further replies.