Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MTF

I mean Rashford is clearly more greedy than Greenwood with worse decision making and finishing. But yes let’s all pile on the 20 year old who’s been our best attacker this season.
My main issue is that all of our forwards have been greedy in that sense since last season, to include Rashford, Greenwood and even Bruno. We had a chance early yesterday vs Liverpool that Bruno should have squared to Rashford instead of shooting.

Eddy_JukeZ

With all due respect to SAF, the club needs to not listen to him when it comes to managerial appointments.

He is clearly a terrible judge in that regard.

wolvored

If he comes his first bit of business is to feck off all the coaches. Surely Conte wont agree to keep them on and damag his abilities.

Blood Mage

I'm not so sure Ten Hag is ready for the step up tbh. Luis Enrique would be perfect but I doubt we can convince him to leave the Spain job. I say to hell with the United way for now and bring in Conte to shake things up and bring some discipline and structure to our play.

Revan

Assumptionman
Of all the so called leaks :lol:

You could translate it to "Cristiano Ronaldo sees himself in Mason Greenwood" and it would technically be true as his colleagues would say exactly the same of him in 2004.
And his colleagues (namely RvN) were not happy with him.

It also needs to be said (for the sake of context), that Ronaldo was significantly better at this age. The next season, he was the best player in England. The one after that, the best in the world.

Greenwood is a talent, probably our best academy player since Giggs, but he is not Ronaldo. And he is twice as selfish.

Eddy_JukeZ

I hope the Glazers aren't thinking of Poch in that tweet.

His PSG side have been a mess this season. We need to steer clear of him.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Mainly it was crossing after the run was made through being over elaborate so the striker had to return to a static position and made it harder to get space. Especially frustrating after playing with Beckham who was the opposite.

He was looking to create space for the cross and find the striker at least but needed to be more decisive. Greenwood is just being greedy, which is frustrating because he's got the vision, composure and technique to be creative.
At 20 years old the Caf were happy with selling Ronaldo for £20m and replacing him with Aaron Lennon. Let's not rewrite history here. He was a 20 year old that was raw and it's thanks to Fergie who nurtured his talent in a superb way which imo helped Ronaldo become the player he became. Sadly we don't have a manager at the club currently who has a track record of developing talent.

BlueHaze

@Sean_RedDevil You need a long break from the forum after that comment. You have lost it man that's ban worthy stuff, your frustration is warranted but thats just as low as it gets.

edgecutter

Ferguson can feck off.

He is the reason for Moyes and Solskjaer.

Fergie is just saying that to look supportive and keep a clean image for himself. He knows ole is done and should go you only need to see his face during the game on Sunday

Revan

Assumptionman
With all due respect to SAF, the club needs to not listen to him when it comes to managerial appointments.

He should have no input whatsoever at this stage. Give him a VIP seat, call him at club parties, but ignore what he says as much as possible. Moyes and Ole were his gifts, 4 wasted years.

croadyman

I don’t think we should give one moment’s thought to Pogba, Ronaldo or Cavani in making this decision. They are the past. We should be thinking about the future.
My point in the Ten Hag thread was I have concerns that our board don't know enough about what he can do due to not enough football people on the board and whether he has it in him to command the respect of our big players

MalaysianRed7

Mason needs guidance and coaching on where he's going wrong, otherwise he'll continue to make the same mistake.

Greenwood has fully earned his right to be part of the first team squad, he's been one of the bright points of a very meek season thus far.
I never said he shouldn’t mate, Mason is probably the best young English talent we’ve had since Rooney, and is one of my favourite players due to his enthusiasm and explosiveness. Obviously he should be in the first team squad. What I explicitly said was if he isn’t willing to learn from Ronaldo or even simply pass to him when he’s in better positions, then he probably doesn’t deserve the chance to learn from him anyway. I mean, you’re a young, talented guy. There’s no better attacker to play next to during your formative years. This is all hypothetical anyway. IF.
Ridiculous post. Ronaldo can piss off for all I care if it’s a choice between him and our young talent. Greenwood looked twice the striker this season in his few chances upfront.
Blimey, and my post was ridiculous! Firstly, the bolded bit is disrespectful. “Ronaldo can piss off for all I care” in any context is just wrong.

Also, who made it a choice? This is all hypothetical anyway, but one thing that is clear for all to see is that Mason’s connection with Ronaldo has been off this season, mainly due to him ignoring Ronaldo a lot when he takes up better positions (or even other players, like Bruno against Villa). He should make it his business to get more chemistry with the best player of all time.

And by the way, Mason has only played 2 games upfront this season. He did play very well, which I can say with no problem as I’m not in the business of discrediting England’s best young player. However, it’s not exactly the largest sample size, and I don’t think his general play has warranted him starting every single game this season. This is one thing I can’t blame Ole for though; he’s one of those who can come up with magic at any time, like against Leicester.

@Sean_RedDevil You need a long break from the forum after that comment. You have lost it man that's ban worthy stuff, your frustration is warranted but thats just as low as it gets.
feck me you sound like a religious nut.

If someone wants to say feck off Fergie for backing a humiliating failure, he's more than entitled to. "Ban worthy", give your head a wobble.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Okay, thanks for that mate. Hopefully, you’re right. I hope the board are decisive this one time and pull the plug when the season can still be salvaged.
it would be strange to still see him as Manager after the leaks mate. But you never know.

Bosws87

What absolute trash am i hearing about Mason in this thread :lol: :lol:

Kids been excellent this season he's one of the few players that rarely puts a foot wrong and very rarely loses the ball.

Do you even watch games some of you.

ElBarto

If he comes his first bit of business is to feck off all the coaches. Surely Conte wont agree to keep them on and damag his abilities.
Seems like we tried to replicate scousers old bootroom philosophy. Systemic change at every level is required

Caesar2290

If this happens, and it's Ten Hag, the caf probably owes whoever started the ETH-with-poll thread a nice gift basket, or a cake with "93-7" written on it in frosting.
I'll gladly take it. :D

TBH that was one of the reasons I created that thread. To generate some awareness

Didn't he want Sven Gorran Erikson and Martin O'Neal to take the reigns back in 2002?

Zoo

He’s a lame duck and there’s no turning this around. Nobody wants to see Ole abused, humiliated and ridiculed. The club needs to end this by respectfully letting Ole go.

Neo_Mufc

"Considering"....FFS. This Board are so slow.

I can you imagine the Glazers at a night club....check out the hotty....yeah I might approach her, I'm considering it....wedding day arrives 15 years later...Still considering making a move.....divorce another 20 years.....the time might be right now.....gender reassigned....move on.....Glazers literally waiting to get dicked hard many times.
:lol:

BlueHaze

feck me you sound like a religious nut.

If someone wants to say feck off Fergie for backing a humiliating failure, he's more than entitled to. "Ban worthy", give your head a wobble.
Well then thankfully there's still people on here that won't sink to the level of the likes of you disrespecting the biggest legend of this club like petulant children.

Irrational.

If we appoint a caretaker until the end of the season, there should be a clause that terminates his contract at the end of the season even if he wins every game until then.

The ‘Ole at the Wheel’ effect has scarred me for life.

Also, no to Conte.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The leaks to Simon Stone are quite telling mate. Stone is reporting that the players feel Solskjaer is out of his depth in comparison to Pep, Klopp and Tuchel. Theres also claims about Ole indulging a number of players and not making best use of the squad at his disposal . There's also growing concern amongst the players when it comes to the lack of opportunities Donny has got, when the players feel he's impressing in training.

I'm not sure how he survives after such leaks which seem to indicate the players have lost complete trust in him.
@pocco The full article is on the BBC website.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Ferguson can feck off.

He is the reason for Moyes and Solskjaer.

He’s also the reason we have such high expectations in the first place. He was backed to the hilt by Edwards and Sir Bobby in the late 80s in a similar position. Why would he turn on Ole, instead of offering that same support he got?

Status
Not open for further replies.