• No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Ferguson isn’t infallible just because he did great things for United. The poster clearly means he can feck off with his support for Ole because it’s detrimental for the club at this point. It’s not that deep. I doubt anyone harbours malice towards Ferguson. You can drop your “proper supporter” pom-poms
If you know that posters history on here I would say he does.

BlueHaze

Oh wow a Youtube clip of a couple of poor moments. Rock solid argument that.

Go to the Greenwood thread and quit derailing this one. I will meet you there with my fecking nunchucks.
So the M in your name stands for Michelangelo got it then. :D

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
What absolute trash am i hearing about Mason in this thread :lol: :lol:

Kids been excellent this season he's one of the few players that rarely puts a foot wrong and very rarely loses the ball.

Do you even watch games some of you.
Not sure why this devolved into a Ronaldo v Greenwood debate where we have to pick one.

Greenwood has been our best attacker this season, but you’re going way OTT when you write he hasn’t put a foot wrong or barely loses possession. Greenwood has always been selfish but it has been a whole new level this season. For context, Greenwood had 67 attempts at goal last season in 31 appearances. He has 29 already this season in 8 games. There are only 2 players this season in PL who’ve had more goal attempts, one is Salah, other is Antonio.

You don’t even need to dive into stats to realise thus, it’s pretty obvious when you see him play. Asking him to be more of a team player isn’t asking for his head or having a go at him. It’s for him to become a better and more productive footballer.

Also, this isn’t necessarily a Ronaldo thing. Both, Martial and Cavani at several stages have been frustrated with Greenwood when he hasn’t sought to progress the play. Instead, gone for a shot.

We all want Mason to become a better footballer. Don’t understand tone of many of these posts turning this into a versus debate.

snk123

He did set up 2 great chances against Liverpool and tried to slip Ronnie through a few times against Atlanta. I do think he’s slightly improved.
He has improved massively in the last few games. And that is the point of having someone to learn from like Ronaldo and Cavani.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
He has improved massively in the last few games. And that is the point of having someone to learn from like Ronaldo and Cavani.
Yeah. But seems unfair to now go to the media moaning about it when he’s clearly improved! Whoever is doing the leaking is a cnut. Can’t be great for squad unity regardless of what happens to Ole.

arthurka

Can't we bring in some other Utd hero to help out here. Paul Ince is free for lunch any day.

EtH

Come on, he said that 13 years ago, then still gave us another season at a ridiculous level. Have you never said anything stupid before? Have I never said anything stupid before, in that case?

Also, we’re not title contenders and are playing awfully (not worse than last season so I wouldn’t say he’s made us worse, but still garbage) because Ole is the manager. We could have brought in Messi, Mbappe, Haaland and Salah along with Ronaldo and we’d still be below West Ham, until we hire someone like Ten Hag, Conte or Zidane. I also disagree that he’s hindering our young attackers development. Rashford, Sancho and Mason should be rotating for 2 wide positions anyway, and Mason is the only one who might become a #9 in the future. I just don’t understand this notion. Can you imagine being in their position and watching Ronaldo every day in training?
Yeah the “But what about the example he will set” angle was the only one which excited me for the young lads. But his signing has definitely hindered Sancho so far along with everyone else. If Mason starts losing minutes so he can do his disappearing act upfront every match I will have much less nice things to say about him and his arrogance in flirting with City before coming back.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I went out to play football. Can anyone summarise any debelopments in the last few hours? The thread quoting drucker suggests Ole is staying at least for Tottenham to turn it around?

Varane around town

One of the complicating factors is that nearly everyone who has a connection to our recent success has an emotional link to Ole.

Ferguson, Neville (obviously), Ferdinand, Scholes etc etc and they won't call him out. Because Ole is a nice guy- I assume, I haven't met him unfortunately- who clearly loves Manchester United and is doing is damn best. It's completely understandable that they don't want to see their mate replaced with a mercenary like Conte whose going to come in for a couple of seasons and then bugger off.

However, they are blind to the fact that Ole is clearly not good enough a manager to be in charge of Manchester United. He's run out of road now and after Sunday he's started to out stay his welcome.

Bosws87

Not sure why this devolved into a Ronaldo v Greenwood debate where we have to pick one.

Greenwood has been our best attacker this season, but you’re going way OTT when you write he hasn’t put a foot wrong or barely loses possession. Greenwood has always been selfish but it has been a whole new level this season. For context, Greenwood had 67 attempts at goal last season in 31 appearances. He has 29 already this season in 8 games. There are only 2 players this season in PL who’ve had more goal attempts, one is Salah, other is Antonio.

You don’t even need to dive into stats to realise thus, it’s pretty obvious when you see him play. Asking him to be more of a team player isn’t asking for his head or having a go at him. It’s for him to become a better and more productive footballer.

Also, this isn’t necessarily a Ronaldo thing. Both, Martial and Cavani at several stages have been frustrated with Greenwood when he hasn’t sought to progress the play. Instead, gone for a shot.

We all want Mason to become a better footballer. Don’t understand tone of many of these posts turning this into a versus debate.
I'd be way more worried if he wasn't greedy and was shying away from chances, nearly every top striker that ever existed has been accused of being too greedy.

When the front line ahead of you is completely static most games its hard to criticise someone for taking it up themselves.

Every decent team currently in modern football presses the opposition to death, we stand around like lemons and its been an issue for years now.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
This is the boardroom equivalent of it being the 85th minute and we're 2-0 down and Martial hasn't been subbed off yet.

Widow

I went out to play football. Can anyone summarise any debelopments in the last few hours? The thread quoting drucker suggests Ole is staying at least for Tottenham to turn it around?
He's going, he maybe going, he's defo going, he's staying

Conte would could, he's been contacted, he hasn't been Contacted

Rinse and repeat

Okey

Turn it around eh? It's just funny now. Turn what around exactly? Suddenly become a good enough manager over the next 3 games? We're just delaying the inevitable. I hope they're at least actually talking to replacements now. Even if it takes a week or two to actually pull the trigger.

RepardReece

5 a side? Just been myself :lol:

Nah, looks like sweet f all. Some saying Ole will stay, some saying going.

Greck

Good God! All those managers we passed on last season just to back Ole. I'm going to have a stroke. We said no to the best pool of managers switching clubs in decades. This is how our rivals got Klopp and Pep while we're stuck with pumpkins. Everyone involved in keeping this charade going this long needs to be banned from supporting any club. Absolute club killers.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
I'd be way more worried if he wasn't greedy and was shying away from chances, nearly every top striker that ever existed has been accused of being too greedy.

When the front line ahead of you is completely static most games its hard to criticise someone for taking it up themselves.

Every decent team currently in modern football presses the opposition to death, we stand around like lemons and its been an issue for years now.
He isn’t a striker though, at least not yet for us. He plays as an inverted forward and his responsibilities are different. Nobody is asking him to stop shooting when there’s an opening. Most are asking him to progress the play, or look to setup chances instead of trying to go for top bins at every opportunity.

Our issues run very deep so I find it dumb to pin all of our malaise solely on one player but all of them can do better. Just like Ronaldo should be offering more in build up and off the ball sprints, so can Mason. He can be more progressive as a winger.

Anyways, this is a thread for Solskjaer so we are way off-topic.

Slysi17

I would rather get Ten Hag than Conte. Trouble is I don't think the Manchester United board would pay the compensation to Ajax to get him. And also if we stick with Ole we could be out of the champions league and not get top four which would be a wasted season. To be honest since Zidane doesn't want the job, I would go for Conte considering this is the best the squad has been since Fergie retired. But the board absolutely fecked up again. If they really wanted Poch should of got him before he went to PSG. I never wanted Conte but the shit has really hit the fan now

Not sacking a manager because you can’t is actually worse than giving him time to try and turn it around both for the manager and players.

EtH

My point in the Ten Hag thread was I have concerns that our board don't know enough about what he can do due to not enough football people on the board and whether he has it in him to command the respect of our big players
They will respect him when he drops them.

croadyman

I would rather get Ten Hag than Conte. Trouble is I don't think the Manchester United board would pay the compensation to Ajax to get him. And also if we stick with Ole we could be out of the champions league and not get top four which would be a wasted season. To be honest since Zidane doesn't want the job, I would go for Conte considering this is the best the squad has been since Fergie retired. But the board absolutely fecked up again. If they really wanted Poch should of got him before he went to PSG. I never wanted Conte but the shit has really hit the fan now
Yeah I am absolutely convinced that's the sticking point with him, then again you would think IF he was really open to leaving Ajax at the end of this season then we would be hearing some rumours from the dutch media

Deery

Dreary
Not sacking a manager because you can’t is actually worse than giving him time to try and turn it around both for the manager and players.
I know there is no point in it at all, he’ll have totally lost the players and we’ll only get more embarrassing results.

All this means is he’s not being sacked this week. He’s a dead man walking, there’s zero chance he turns this around. City will do it, if he lasts til then.
Here’s the thing, we scrap a win Vs Spurs, regardless of if we lose to City and Chelsea if he scraps a win Vs Watford and then we go back to our usual form of scrapping wins vs lower teams people will think he’s turned things around.

Status
Not open for further replies.