Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

EtH

I would rather get Ten Hag than Conte. Trouble is I don't think the Manchester United board would pay the compensation to Ajax to get him. And also if we stick with Ole we could be out of the champions league and not get top four which would be a wasted season. To be honest since Zidane doesn't want the job, I would go for Conte considering this is the best the squad has been since Fergie retired. But the board absolutely fecked up again. If they really wanted Poch should of got him before he went to PSG. I never wanted Conte but the shit has really hit the fan now
Conte is pants in the CL. And he won’t be catching City or Liverpool up next season either. He has never dealt with such competition in any domestic league.

Cloud7

Zidane is only interested in managing Real Madrid, so he can then leave them and join them again.
I hope he does this again at some point. Doesn't manage any other club. Shows up in Real's hour of need. Wins them some trophies. Resigns again until they need him once more.

Slysi17

Conte is pants in the CL. And he won’t be catching City or Liverpool up next season either. He has never dealt with such competition in any domestic league.
But we can't keep Ole on. So what do we do. Because I am scared we hire an interim and he does decent. We then give him the job. Same mistake again. And we ain't going to pay out compensation to get a manager. These owners haven't done that. Conte would still be better than this shit show. I don't disagree but it's a really crap situation that the board have created.

hobbers

Conte has been too heavily tapped up for there to be nothing in it.

Ole will probably be sacked tomorrow or Wednesday I would imagine. His position is doubly untenable if the board and the players are briefing against him.

Caesar2290

But we can't keep Ole on. So what do we do. Because I am scared we hire an interim and he does decent. We then give him the job. Same mistake again. And we ain't going to pay out compensation to get a manager. These owners haven't done that. Conte would still be better than this shit show. I don't disagree but it's a really crap situation that the board have created.
Ole is gone as Man Utd manager. The last thing we want to do is feck up his replacement.

I think the owners know full well that Conte is similar to Mourinho. So I don't think they're looking for another severance package in 2 years time. If it's one thing the Glazers love, then it's their money.

If they can be convinced that Ten Hag is here for the next 4-5 years, that alone will be a strong motivator.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Conte has been too heavily tapped up for there to be nothing in it.

Ole will probably be sacked tomorrow or Wednesday I would imagine. His position is doubly untenable if the board and the players are briefing against him.
I think it's clear they want Conte in charge on Saturday so are moving quickly. Once both are tied up there will be an announcement.

El Zoido

Here’s the thing, we scrap a win Vs Spurs, regardless of if we lose to City and Chelsea if he scraps a win Vs Watford and then we go back to our usual form of scrapping wins vs lower teams people will think he’s turned things around.
Mate he’s cooked. No coming back from this.

FatTails

This can't be serious ? All reports today said Conte is open to the job. Are they briefing Ducker something to shut up the media circus ?
No other managers out there are better than Ole? Seems suspect but ok:wenger:

EtH

Interim until the end of the season and then hire Ten Hag. Would be my choice.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
No way he stays after Sunday. If not, I couldn't care less if we keep losing till he's gone.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

This can't be serious ? All reports today said Conte is open to the job. Are they briefing Ducker something to shut up the media circus ?
It could be that we made contact with Conte. He wanted assurances of autonomy over big names and we may have thought its not worth the risk.

I know Telegraph is considered as a reliable/semi-reliable source, but I find it hard to believe that once some problem happens (like a big loss etc etc), they suddenly have all the inside news, all the nitty gritty, within a day. But before that, they do not have any news at all. No one reports anything.
After a defeat like yesterday. Leaks start coming out. People want to protect themselves, or express what they feel is the real problem. Not saying that’s 100% the case here but would explain newspapers suddenly have fresh content.

As for Ronaldo being annoyed with Greewwood, if it’s true, he should remember when he came to United as skinny 18 y/o with plenty of skill but little end product and RVN started moaning about him. Greenwood started with the end product so has that in his favour which even the dimmest of manager’s will realise.

Eddy_JukeZ

I'll gladly take it. :D

TBH that was one of the reasons I created that thread. To generate some awareness

Didn't he want Sven Gorran Erikson and Martin O'Neal to take the reigns back in 2002?
Probably did.

Also thought Quieroz would be good as well.

He is terrible when it comes to judging managerial quality in regards to Manchester United.

Like @Revan said, he should have zero input in picking our next manager.

EtH

Best way to do it. I wonder if Blanc would be back for a couple of months?
Would take him in a heartbeat if he were up for it. Or as others have suggested Rangnick who could then move upstairs to the DoF role. It is high time we displayed some vision at the executive level.

USREDEVIL

Ole is gonna turn things around. First step is a tactical masterpiece. He will switch Fred to the right and McTominay to the left in midfield!

Caesar2290

It could be that we made contact with Conte. He wanted assurances of autonomy over big names and we may have thought its not worth the risk.
That would make a lot of sense. I think the board thinks that they have invested enough and are not ready to spend big again for the forseable future.

We know that Conte will require assurances that his targets have to be met.

That might have made the board reconsider and I think they might go down the caretaker manager route and wait for the end of the season. Hoping that Poch and Ten Hag will be avaiblable.

Dominos

And we ain't going to pay out compensation to get a manager. These owners haven't done that. Conte would still be better than this shit show. I don't disagree but it's a really crap situation that the board have created.
I'm think they probably would for the right manager. The issue is, which top manager are you expecting to steal from another cub right now? The only one is Ten Hag. And then you wonder if Ten Hag would even want to jump ship mid-season. Even if he did, it's not unfeasible our board would opt for Conte as a more proven safer option as he's already won a PL and FA cup (not just because he's "free").

EtH

Or total control of transfers was a deal breaker. Full credit to the board if so.

Caesar2290

Would take him in a heartbeat if he were up for it. Or as others have suggested Rangnick who could then move upstairs to the DoF role. It is high time we displayed some vision at the executive level.
As much as I want Ragnick here, we know it's not happening. Mourtough has been appointed less than a year ago. I don't think the Glazers are ready to part ways with him.

So probably Blanc or Butt. Though Nicky did mention that he left on poor note, so no idea who would be able to take over really.

Phelan might do a job, but that means we're stuck with Carrick and McKenna till the end of the season.

Caesar2290

Or total control of transfers was a deal breaker. Full credit to the board if so.
Our board has been on a roll lately. Not overpaying for players. Waiting out a season if they have to. Walking away from excessive demands. Actually targeting players who want to be here as opposed to mercenaries, etc etc

So I wouldn't put it past them.

Amir

Didn't he want Sven Gorran Erikson and Martin O'Neal to take the reigns back in 2002?
I don't remember him voicing much of an opinion on Erikson. Just saying he would have been a comfortable choice as he wouldn't have changed much, or something like this.

Fridge chutney

Solskjaer righted the ship after the 6-1 defeat to Spurs last year. This year, if he does the same and adds a trophy, then it's progress.

EtH

As much as I want Ragnick here, we know it's not happening. Mourtough has been appointed less than a year ago. I don't think the Glazers are ready to part ways with him.

So probably Blanc or Butt. Though Nicky did mention that he left on poor note, so no idea who would be able to take over really.

Phelan might do a job, but that means we're stuck with Carrick and McKenna till the end of the season.
Yes you are probably right. Blanc would be mint.

lloyd2wayne

Yes you are probably right. Blanc would be mint.
I don’t even get why we didn’t get Blanc when we were looking for an interim after Mourinho. He was my preferred choice over Ole. He has good experience, won stuff and has coached some top top players.

And atleast is much better tactically than Ole.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
As much as the concerns i have from the potential Conte appointment, he is one of the few practitioner of dark arts who can compete with Klopp the metalhead madman, Pep the giggly psycopath and Tuchel the weirdo soft spoken artist.

Eddy_JukeZ

Solskjaer righted the ship after the 6-1 defeat to Spurs last year. This year, if he does the same and adds a trophy, then it's progress.
:lol:

The only cup we're winning is maybe the FA Cup and it's another slugfest for top 4.

That is not progress.

We need to start competing for the Premier League.

Status
Not open for further replies.