• No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
Solskjaer righted the ship after the 6-1 defeat to Spurs last year. This year, if he does the same and adds a trophy, then it's progress.
That's not progress, that's just doing the same thing as last year and getting slightly better results. It would also be a waste of the much better resources in the team now

Idxomer

:lol:

The only cup we're winning is maybe the FA Cup and it's another slugfest for top 4.

That is not progress.

We need to start competing for the Premier League.
Ole will never win a trophy without having the best squad in the competition by far and even then it's doubtful as we've seen the last two years in the EL.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
This season is fecked
Doesn't have to be. We know at this point Ole almost certainly won't be able to get us up another level, won't give us a playing identity, and can't take on + beat the best teams regularly. So the longer we take now to make the inevitable move, the more time we waste. But that's the Glazers MO so for now we cling to the hope they're afraid of losing more money or bad PR

BlueHaze

This season is fecked
Quite funny how quickly things went disastrous coming off of that summer window where most people were buzzing with optimism. We finally got Sancho who most of us had been wanting ever since his first Dortmund season. Then out of the blue we sign Varane. At this point it was like a dream and then out of nowhere we sign Ronaldo.

I still can't believe this is happening regardless of my thoughts on Ole.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Quite funny how quickly things went disastrous coming off of that summer window where most people were buzzing with optimism. We finally got Sancho who most of us had been wanting ever since his first Dortmund season. Then out of the blue we sign Varane. At this point it was like a dream and then out of nowhere we sign Ronaldo.

I still can't believe this is happening regardless of my thoughts on Ole.
There were plenty of people saying from the off that we were fecked without a defensive midfield better than McFred. As soon as McT went in for surgery we were superfecked. Then all the teams started targetting Fred as our weak spot and we were superduper fecked. Then Ole started playing Pogba as a DM and well....y'know.

EtH

I wouldn't mind waiting until the end of the season if it meant we could get Ten Hag.
This was my hope at the beginning of the season but I fear Olly’s goose is cooked.

Stabra

Conte is pants in the CL. And he won’t be catching City or Liverpool up next season either. He has never dealt with such competition in any domestic league.
Didn't he already win in 2017 against such overwhelming competition, Pep and Klopp ?

BlueHaze

There were plenty of people saying from the off that we were fecked without a defensive midfield better than McFred. As soon as McT went in for surgery we were superfecked. Then all the teams started targetting Fred as our weak spot and we were superduper fecked. Then Ole started playing Pogba as a DM and well....y'know.
Yeah, not getting a CM during his entire 3 years here has been a disastrous call but even so with the players we brought in it's quite remarkable we now find ourselves in this position. Getting in players like Sancho, Varane, and CR7 should lift the team spirit and give us a boost but instead it had the opposite effect and we have become even worse. Even if we got a CM it would have made no impact. The coaching is atrocious.

FatTails

I’d like to think that no one still seriously believes a DM will make everything great.

Flytan

Yeah, not getting a CM during his entire 3 years here has been a disastrous call but even so with the players we brought in it's quite remarkable we now find ourselves in this position. Getting in players like Sancho, Varane, and CR7 should lift the team spirit and give us a boost but instead it had the opposite effect and we have become even worse. Even if we got a CM it would have made no impact. The coaching is atrocious.
Excellent point, goes back to the whole thing about him having no real cohesive plan for anything and just "vibes".

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
I’d like to think that no one still seriously believes a DM will make everything great.
One or two really good DMs would actually make us hard to beat. We still wouldn't be as good as the top three given they have that coaching/strategy thing going on as well. But at least we would have the basics in place.

Womp

idiot
This was my hope at the beginning of the season but I fear Olly’s goose is cooked.
Ye na, he's done, the games aren't getting easier, the pressure isn't getting any lower and I don't see where he can turn this around.

I'm actually pleasantly surprised though tbh. I was so sure we would just panic and get Zidane or Conte in. Quite refreshing that they are just waiting to see as their idea of the next manager isn't currently available. Could just be a PR spin, of course, but if true, I'm happy with that approach. It will be extremely hard to win any major silverware this season anyway, bed your time, wait until the guy you want is available. We are only in this position cause we've constantly just panicked and got managers out of jobs etc.

Eddy_JukeZ

I wouldn't mind waiting until the end of the season if it meant we could get Ten Hag.
We could get a caretaker in.

I don't think Ole should survive arguably our most embarrassing result/performance ever. Heads need to roll.

Slysi17

Interim until the end of the season and then hire Ten Hag. Would be my choice.
As long as they don't hire that interim on a full time basis at the end of the season especially if it's an ex legend/player.

Eddy_JukeZ

Ye na, he's done, the games aren't getting easier, the pressure isn't getting any lower and I don't see where he can turn this around.

I'm actually pleasantly surprised though tbh. I was so sure we would just panic and get Zidane or Conte in. Quite refreshing that they are just waiting to see as their idea of the next manager isn't currently available. Could just be a PR spin, of course, but if true, I'm happy with that approach. It will be extremely hard to win any major silverware this season anyway, bed your time, wait until the guy you want is available. We are only in this position cause we've constantly just panicked and got managers out of jobs etc.
Also sounds well, but I worry the Glazers are fixated on Poch and waiting to see how he does at PSG.

Mate he’s cooked. No coming back from this.
It looks like it. But I’ve got a feeling, he survives a few weeks United dithering and once the hard fixtures are over any uplift by beating a few crappy teams in a row will be “‘Marketed” as Ole is steering the ship back in the right direction.

EtH

Yeah it’s positive signs for me at least at this point.

Conte has been too heavily tapped up for there to be nothing in it.

Ole will probably be sacked tomorrow or Wednesday I would imagine. His position is doubly untenable if the board and the players are briefing against him.
By who? Really it’s just Italian journos linking the one Italian out of a job to the biggest job in football that they think will be available

jamesjimmybyrondean

I think its a worry Ole is still the manager and that that the first manager we've been linked to replace him is Conte

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I watched from the window. @VP89 was about as useful as Maguire at the weekend.

I'm not sure changing managers for the.... fifth time.... will change much when our owners are so shit but the wheels are coming off and we are headed out of top 4 if
we continue with our current manager and coaches. Nowhere near good enough.
Liverpool should have taken the same approach when it came to sacking Hodgson and then Dalglish.. btw Dalglish is a much bigger legend for Liverpool than Ole is for United.

Status
Not open for further replies.