James Garner image 37

James Garner England flag

2020-21 Performances

View full 2020-21 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven

He's the exact type of DM that we need in our line up.

I think that in 2 years after another loan - he'll be ready. he needs to develop and bulk up a little bit.
The physical side of his game doesn't seem to be an issue whatsoever.

Hoof the ball

The physical side of his game doesn't seem to be an issue whatsoever.
Absolutely! Spot on.

People talking about the Championship being more physical than the Premier League, and then a player goes there, handles it easily enough, but then still needs to bulk up to come back to the lesser physical league?

Ok. :lol:

Bwuk

I’d like him to replace Matic in the squad next season.

He goes under the radar a bit. I actually wouldn’t be surprised if in a few years our midfield consists of him, McTominay and Bruno.

Absolutely! Spot on.

People talking about the Championship being more physical than the Premier League, and then a player goes there, handles it easily enough, but then still needs to bulk up to come back to the lesser physical league?

Ok. :lol:
The championship is more robust, due to the standard of player. The PL is clearly quicker, and that’s where it can take time to adjust. Unless you are a CB, then frankly ‘bulking up’ doesn’t matter much.

TheReligion

Abusive
Good goal. Just slowed his run so he hovered around the penalty spot and came on to the ball perfectly.

Merlin 1975-78

That's a hell of a finish. Don't let the positioning of the shoot fool you, either. To take it first time with that speed and sweep it so cleanly is a very difficult technique to master.

It's not a top corner curler, but that's a hit.
Superb finish & Ole surely has too give him the oppotunity too be a part of our squard next season.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
That's a hell of a finish. Don't let the positioning of the shoot fool you, either. To take it first time with that speed and sweep it so cleanly is a very difficult technique to master.

It's not a top corner curler, but that's a hit.
He had it in his locker in U21 team.

Bwuk

See he’s been linked with a couple of loans for next season already. Brighton, Norwich and Rangers.

Wouldn’t mind him at Brighton if they stay up.

SAF is the GOAT

See he’s been linked with a couple of loans for next season already. Brighton, Norwich and Rangers.

Wouldn’t mind him at Brighton if they stay up.
Didn't they buy Moises Caicedo after us ?

I want him to go to a club that guarantee him PL football

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Didn't they buy Moises Caicedo after us ?

I want him to go to a club that guarantee him PL football
I'm not sure what would be better. A good Championship team so he can play on the front foot in a team that normally has most of the ball, or a low PL team where he won't see as much of the ball but will get more used to the tempo of the top league.

SAFMUTD

I'm not sure what would be better. A good Championship team so he can play on the front foot in a team that normally has most of the ball, or a low PL team where he won't see as much of the ball but will get more used to the tempo of the top league.
If warranted minutes then top league always, I get the point about playing in a low table team that would probably wont play high possession football but that where we can judge if he’s ready or not to play for us.

Bertie Wooster

I'd be happy enough with a good championship loan where he gets plenty of minutes and performs well. If he does that next season, following on from this season with Forest, that should be enough to justify progressing to our first team squad and being given a chance to show if he can make an impression - provided Ole rates him enough.

Look at the likes of Reece James and Mason Mount at Chelsea - they didn't need PL loans. A good championship loan and then progressed to the Chelsea first team and, quickly, to the England national team.

How many of our PL loans lead to our players doing well and coming back to our first team squad (just Henderson?)? It normally goes badly and they don't get games, or they leave on a permanent deal. And promotion to our first team squad is normally for those who didn't go out on loan at all. Or, in the case of Lingard and Tuanzebe, championship loans. They don't normally need to have proven themselves at PL level before being given a chance.

Last edited:

Castia

Developing nicely a PL loan next season would be great.

Tallis

He has 2 more seasons left of his contract ? I think we need to tie him down soon because his agent is starting to create some noise. he can save us 40-50m of expense to buy a MF when he is developed in 12 months time. Question is who should be his partner. Would it be VDB or Fred or someone new.

Litch

Always liked him but I say it now, he'll be sold before he plays first team football for Utd. Not because I don't rate him, just I don't think Ole promotes youth players. The ones that are playing were pretty much so before he came, with the odd exception.

Frasbul

everclear is a cool band. yeah they still exist.
Always liked him but I say it now, he'll be sold before he plays first team football for Utd. Not because I don't rate him, just I don't think Ole promotes youth players. The ones that are playing were pretty much so before he came, with the odd exception.
This is the stupidest thing I heard today. And I listened to a Trump speech today.

arthurka

What is this crap? You must be pulling our chains.

Litch

What is this crap? You must be pulling our chains.
Yep, I'm tripping over all these players names Ole has promoted from the youth and given opportunities to. I'll keep my powder dry to see if any of these players on loan are anywhere near first team football next season....

Litch

This is the stupidest thing I heard today. And I listened to a Trump speech today.
Who then. Gomes, Chong, Williams, Axel.....? Amad scored against Milan and we haven't seen him since.

arthurka

Who then. Gomes, Chong, Williams, Axel.....? Amad scored against Milan and we haven't seen him since.
Yeah I guess that Greenwood and Williams don't count. It looks more like if the players are good enough they will get their chance. Williams has 19 games for the club.

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
Greenwood. He introduced Williams, who's had a poor second season. Under him Rashford and McTominay became first choice starters. Thats 4 right there. Not all the academy players are going to be first team quality obviously. I've yet to see him let go of a player that proved after leaving that he was United quality. Have you?

Drainy

Greenwood. He introduced Williams, who's had a poor second season. Under him Rashford and McTominay became first choice starters. Thats 4 right there. Not all the academy players are going to be first team quality obviously. I've yet to see him let go of a player that proved after leaving that he was United quality. Have you?
Henderson too

Litch

Yeah I guess that Greenwood and Williams don't count. It looks more like if the players are good enough they will get their chance. Williams has 19 games for the club.
Williams is no way near the first team now, despite 19 games and plays more for the U23 and Greenwood is imo a generational talent. I did say with the odd exception and he would have been irrespective of who managed us....

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Williams is no way near the first team now, despite 19 games and plays more for the U23 and Greenwood is imo a generational talent. I did say with the odd exception and he would have been irrespective of who managed us....
Which manager is good with promoting youth as per you (For top clubs in top leagues btw)

Litch

And you think I was smoking crack. You know Jose made up a trophy for Scott! Williams is no way near the first team and plays more u23 games. He had nearly 20 games for Utd so it's about development, why he not in the first team squad? LVG promoted Rashford. Like I said, with exception. If a manager couldn't see the potential in Greenwood, then he shouldn't even be managing the Dog and Duck....

Let go, that's a different argument.....but there were many on here that weren't happy about Gomes

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Dean? Mason?

He put his full faith in Andreas Pereira last season, guess if Ole didn't give Pereira a chance, you would add him into that list just like Chong.
Don't you think it's coincidence why Ole is persistent not buying new centre back, may be he has faith for our academy centre backs.

If you are good enough, you will end up like Dean & Mason.
If you are not good enough, you will end up like Pereira & Chong.
If you are injury prone, you will end up like Tuanzebe.
If you are not ready then be patient, improve, and your time will come.
If you are rushing things quickly despite of not being ready then you can leave like Gomes. (Gomes wasn't sold).

Litch

You do know that Garner is on loan in the Championship, not playing in the u23s?
Yep, my point was promoting youth. Henderson was on of the top goalkeepers in the Prem and surely you aren't suggesting we compare that to playing in the Championship. Again, not saying he not a good player, just don't think Ole promotes youth players, the ones people are suggesting we're promoted by previous managers, no longer near the first team or like Greenwood, a generation talent. Someone explain to me why Axel hasn't had more first team opportunities?

Drainy

Yep, my point was promoting youth. Henderson was on of the top goalkeepers in the Prem and surely you aren't suggesting we compare that to playing in the Championship. Again, not saying he not a good player, just don't think Ole promotes youth players, the ones people are suggesting we're promoted by previous managers, no longer near the first team or like Greenwood, a generation talent. Someone explain to me why Axel hasn't had more first team opportunities?
So he'll be sold rather than brought back and assessed to see whether he can play a role here or be loaned out?

You're being illogical.

Tuanzebe has been injured for ages and played poorly when he's had chances this year besides the PSG game.

Status
Not open for further replies.