James Garner England flag

2020-21 Performances

View full 2020-21 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
And you think I was smoking crack. You know Jose made up a trophy for Scott! Williams is no way near the first team and plays more u23 games. He had nearly 20 games for Utd so it's about development, why he not in the first team squad? LVG promoted Rashford. Like I said, with exception. If a manager couldn't see the potential in Greenwood, then he shouldn't even be managing the Dog and Duck....

Let go, that's a different argument.....but there were many on here that weren't happy about Gomes
Gomes made his bed.

Litch

Dean? Mason?

He put his full faith in Andreas Pereira last season, guess if Ole didn't give Pereira a chance, you would add him into that list just like Chong.
Don't you think it's coincidence why Ole is persistent not buying new centre back, may be he has faith for our academy centre backs.

If you are good enough, you will end up like Dean & Mason.
If you are not good enough, you will end up like Pereira & Chong.
If you are injury prone, you will end up like Tuanzebe.
If you are not ready then be patient, improve, and your time will come.
If you are rushing things quickly despite of not being ready then you can leave like Gomes. (Gomes wasn't sold).
Again. I said with exception. Dean was out on loan well before Ole came, and was proven in the PL before coming back to Utd at the end of the season. He hardly counts and Mason is a generation talent. My point is promoting young players is beyond being good enough and there are hundreds of examples of players that weren't but proved managers wrong. We have one of the biggest examples in Pogba.

Ultimately, my point is it's beyond patient cause they aren't being given the opportunities. The last two managers gave youth more opportunities than Ole, and that's saying something given Jose's track record. My point is we have all moaned about the CB partnership and even when fit, Tuanzebe has had a look in. He was outstanding against PSG, then never played. We have moaned about McFred, yet we have Garner and even more so the young Welsh or Irish player (whose name escapes me) who has played more international football than for Utd?

Gomes wasn't sold but I'm not alone on here who thought we should of offered him more first team football....and that is my point. Bellingham was right to go to Dortmund as he'd be playing U23 football too....

Litch

So he'll be sold rather than brought back and assessed to see whether he can play a role here or be loaned out?

You're being illogical.

Tuanzebe has been injured for ages and played poorly when he's had chances this year besides the PSG game.
It's a opinion and history is a good indicator of the future. Not saying he won't be back, but like Gomes, the players are even getting the chance in the lesser rounds of the cup. I'm sure when Amad came here, especially after scoring in Europe he thought he'd be running out in dead U23 football?

Litch

Seems like a veiled attack on the manager
I think that's down to your interpretation, not mine. No ones above criticism and yes I do think more young players should have been given more opportunities especially in the lesser competitions and also because it's not like they are trying to break into the 99 squad.....

Dve

Yep, my point was promoting youth. Henderson was on of the top goalkeepers in the Prem and surely you aren't suggesting we compare that to playing in the Championship. Again, not saying he not a good player, just don't think Ole promotes youth players, the ones people are suggesting we're promoted by previous managers, no longer near the first team or like Greenwood, a generation talent. Someone explain to me why Axel hasn't had more first team opportunities?
Ole is constantly promoting players. Of late, Shoretire, Elanga and Hannibal have all been training with the first team. Promoting players does not necessarily mean that they will be starting. You need to prove your worth at training first, then you will be handed some minutes. One step at the time, but this time of the season, where there are no crap cup games to be played, your chances will of course be limited.

Drainy

It's a opinion and history is a good indicator of the future. Not saying he won't be back, but like Gomes, the players are even getting the chance in the lesser rounds of the cup. I'm sure when Amad came here, especially after scoring in Europe he thought he'd be running out in dead U23 football?
so history would be that he'd either go out on loan at a higher level or be brought into the first team squad like what happened with Henderson and Tuanzebe.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Again. I said with exception. Dean was out on loan well before Ole came, and was proven in the PL before coming back to Utd at the end of the season. He hardly counts and Mason is a generation talent. My point is promoting young players is beyond being good enough and there are hundreds of examples of players that weren't but proved managers wrong. We have one of the biggest examples in Pogba.

Ultimately, my point is it's beyond patient cause they aren't being given the opportunities. The last two managers gave youth more opportunities than Ole, and that's saying something given Jose's track record. My point is we have all moaned about the CB partnership and even when fit, Tuanzebe has had a look in. He was outstanding against PSG, then never played. We have moaned about McFred, yet we have Garner and even more so the young Welsh or Irish player (whose name escapes me) who has played more international football than for Utd?

Gomes wasn't sold but I'm not alone on here who thought we should of offered him more first team football....and that is my point. Bellingham was right to go to Dortmund as he'd be playing U23 football too....
He's been promoting lot of young players mate. You will be given opportunities more regular when you are ready like Dean.

Last season, Tuanzebe was given a chance for 5 matches in a row with Lindelof was sitting on the bench vs Newcastle. He played vs Rochdale and was given armband, vs Arsenal (PL), vs AZ (EL), vs Newcastle (PL), vs Liverpool (PL). Guess what happened? Injured in warm up vs Liverpool. Thus, why I mentioned if you are injury prone, you will end up like Tuanzebe. As long as Garner is not injury prone and good enough like Dean then he will get his chance as regular player.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Yep, my point was promoting youth. Henderson was on of the top goalkeepers in the Prem and surely you aren't suggesting we compare that to playing in the Championship. Again, not saying he not a good player, just don't think Ole promotes youth players, the ones people are suggesting we're promoted by previous managers, no longer near the first team or like Greenwood, a generation talent. Someone explain to me why Axel hasn't had more first team opportunities?
He's made of glass.

golden_blunder

Staff
I think that's down to your interpretation, not mine. No ones above criticism and yes I do think more young players should have been given more opportunities especially in the lesser competitions and also because it's not like they are trying to break into the 99 squad.....
Tell us who should have had a chance that hasn’t then?

city-puma

Truly pathetic! Please don’t push the personal agenda to destroy this thread. We want to know how well Garner does here rather than your anti-Ole opinion!

jamesjimmybyrondean

I'm quite surprised how little Williams has featured this season. And the lack of game time Gomes got but we don't see them in training.

Litch

Ole is constantly promoting players. Of late, Shoretire, Elanga and Hannibal have all been training with the first team. Promoting players does not necessarily mean that they will be starting. You need to prove your worth at training first, then you will be handed some minutes. One step at the time, but this time of the season, where there are no crap cup games to be played, your chances will of course be limited.
Not sure I suggested that they should be starting, I just don't think Ole truly promotes youth especially compared to the last two managers. Just a view but I don't think he trusts them enough too. Not seen any evidence of it and the names people have suggested, those decisions were often made by previous managers anyway. We have a talented young midfielder who has played more international games, than even being in our first team squad. Off subject but if Ole doesn't appear to trust a Dutch international, not much of a chance for this lad.

Drainy

ah yes, Jose the advocate of young players that definitely didn't throw a wobbler and damn the qualities and playing chances of our young players (including 'generational talent' Mason Greenwood') because he lost a few pre season matches.

golden_blunder

Staff
Dylan Levitt for starters.....
Isn’t he on loan? In which case it may be that the first we will see off him is preseason

At someone I’ve never heard off. I’m not convinced by him I have to say, I think better players have left over the years. Anyway that’s just my opinion.

Litch

Truly pathetic! Please don’t push the personal agenda to destroy this thread. We want to know how well Garner does here rather than your anti-Ole opinion!
Pathetic? All I said that's he good but don't think he'll get his chance. Not sure why any view seems to automatically mean it's a broad brush anti Ole opinion. Anyway, I though all opinions were personal, they are no longer allowed on here? I'd have thought a young players pathway to the first team was very relevant.....

Drainy

Isn’t he on loan? In which case it may be that the first we will see off him is preseason

At someone I’ve never heard off. I’m not convinced by him I have to say, I think better players have left over the years. Anyway that’s just my opinion.
He went on loan to Charlton Athletic in League 1 and barely played. He's now on loan in Croatia.

Decent player who needs time to develop physically to see his true potential.

golden_blunder

Staff
Pathetic? All I said that's he good but don't think he'll get his chance. Not sure why any view seems to automatically mean it's a broad brush anti Ole opinion. Anyway, I though all opinions were personal, they are no longer allowed on here? I'd have thought a young players pathway to the first team was very relevant.....
Come on though, the example you put forward for levitt was weak. He’s not ready for first team at United

Drainy

Absolutely not, I think if a young player is good enough to be playing international football, he should be here and not on loan.
He couldn't get a game in League 1 for a mid-table club. Suggests he isn't ready or potentially not good enough

Remember the geese

Absolutely not, I think if a young player is good enough to be playing international football, he should be here and not on loan.
Dylan Levitt is nowhere near good enough to be getting games for us. Good passer, nice and tidy, but struggled in league one and has since been farmed out to Croatia.

city-puma

You apparently missed my point. This is a thread for Garner. He is playing a game now. I came to check out how he does, like any match day when he plays, because I have high hope for him to make it here.
Today, I entered this thread and found nothing but anti-Ole auguing for two pages of posts! What’s going on, buddy?!

Litch

Like said, I'm not saying he's good enough but I'm not alone who think he should a least be here and not on loan if he's good enough to be in a international squad.

Litch

You apparently missed my point. This is a thread for Garner. He is playing a game now. I came to check out how he does, like any match day when he plays, because I have high hope for him to make it here.
Today, I entered this thread and found nothing but anti-Ole auguing for two pages of posts! What’s going on, buddy?!
My point was he's a good player, just don't think he'll get his opportunity here. Like most things on here, it's developed into people becoming defensive because I don't share their opinion and somehow I'm anti Ole cause I don't believe he promotes young players. I think there's more to Ole than whether he promotes young players or not. Fan forums only seem to work once you are offering the same view as anyone else. We'll see....

Litch

Dylan Levitt is nowhere near good enough to be getting games for us. Good passer, nice and tidy, but struggled in league one and has since been farmed out to Croatia.
Welcome late to the party, and I didn't mention getting games just a Welsh international you can't even be around the first team squad. I'm sure he'll get lots of valuable experience as a young lad in Croatian football....

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

How did Jose gave more chances?

People somehow think he played McTominay a lot when he barely played him.

Remember the geese

Welcome late to the party, and I didn't mention getting games just a Welsh international you can't even be around the first team squad. I'm sure he'll get lots of valuable experience as a young lad in Croatian football....
He's already been around the first team squad. Has had experience in the under 23's and played against Astana. Loaning him to league one was a perfectly acceptable pathway for him. Not our fault he couldn't adapt to the physicality of the league. What is the alternative?

Devil may care

Tell us who should have had a chance that hasn’t then?
Axel, he's been fit for months and has barely had a kick, even when we play 3 games a week, but this isn't so much a youth player issue with Ole, it's a rotation issue, we've ran Rashford, Bruno, Lindelof, Maguire and AWB into the ground with 3 games a week while Axel, Williams, Van de Beek and Amad have been lucky to get 5 minutes out of 270.

TheReligion

Abusive
What you on about?

United give more younger players games than any of the big 6 (and lower).

Litch

He's already been around the first team squad. Has had experience in the under 23's and played against Astana. Loaning him to league one was a perfectly acceptable pathway for him. Not our fault he couldn't adapt to the physicality of the league. What is the alternative?
Not sure, sure there is a reason for it, just don't understand how a young player can play for his international team but not be around his club squad?

orjeve

Ole have given 13 academy players their debut in his time in charge. in the 19/20 season he gave 8 debuts and thus equaling the most academy debuts in a season. A record that had stood for 67 years from sir matt busby. Promotion of youth is clearly not a stick to beat him with.

Reactions: golden_blunder

TheReligion

Abusive
According to Roy Keane you only need to be able to trap a ball to play for your country these days..

I'll let you tell him.

TheReligion

Abusive
Did I say Utd don't give young players as much games as other teams?
No but you don't half seem to be moaning about a lack of opportunities for people..

We do need to actually try and win things too. It's a balance. As well as not mentally destroying young players.

Status
Not open for further replies.