James Garner image 37

James Garner England flag

2021-22 Performances

View full 2021-22 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

arthurka

Yeah, he definitely has an engine, i think that moment you refered to was deep in extra time, like after 115 minutes of football. Wins a lot of important duels for them. I can see why he is an important player for them and it is not just for his set pieces. We can not complain about his work ethics.

I do not agree either with the people that says he is hiding. He makes himself available quite often imo but Forest are not playing through their midfield very often.
Exactly he is a very promising player who has a lot of good attributes. ETH might add something to his game, he is a keeper for me.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Experience is losing perhaps, Forest isn't going to dominate games next year if they get promoted so I would much rather he stays here and fight for a place in the team.
Better manager, better players around him.
And if we get De Jong, then Garners very decent long pass and engine should compliment him very well.

He's 21, he's either going to make it or we should sell him.
Disagree - as per below…

If he's not going to be playing with us then fully agree - no point him just sitting on the bench and playing the odd game - he will learn much more playing week in week out.
Exactly.

The experience of playing for a team in the PL week in week out will teach him loads. I’d also argue that for a club on the backfoot (like Forest will be next season), his reading and anticipation of the game will massively improve as well.

romufc

Disagree - as per below…

Exactly.

The experience of playing for a team in the PL week in week out will teach him loads. I’d also argue that for a club on the backfoot (like Forest will be next season), his reading and anticipation of the game will massively improve as well.
When a team is defending in a bank of 4-5-1 in their own half, how is his reading of the game going to improve massively?

I mean there is less ground to cover because there is someone next to you even if you lose your man.

Playing for United or another team who wants to dominate the midfield, requires a total different skillset because the player does not have the luxury of being protected, he will have to learn to intercept at half way line not near his box.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
When a team is defending in a bank of 4-5-1 in their own half, how is his reading of the game going to improve massively?

I mean there is less ground to cover because there is someone next to you even if you lose your man.

Playing for United or another team who wants to dominate the midfield, requires a total different skillset because the player does not have the luxury of being protected, he will have to learn to intercept at half way line not near his box.
Playing 10-15 mins here and there across a season will do him no good.

38 games in which he starts in the PL is invaluable experience, even for a team that’s on the back foot. There’s a good chance Forest will be a surprise package next season as well.

romufc

Playing 10-15 mins here and there across a season will do him no good.

38 games in which he starts in the PL is invaluable experience, even for a team that’s on the back foot. There’s a good chance Forest will be a surprise package next season as well.
I don't think he will be at United if he is only getting 10-15 mins here and there. If that's the case, he isn't good enough.

ETH will have to have a real look at some of these players because we need to either sell them and get money or they ready for United.

I mean we have Europa or Conference, if he cannot get a start in those games, I really question his ability to play for United.

Every youngster that ETH thinks can make it, should get there chance in that competition.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I don't think he will be at United if he is only getting 10-15 mins here and there. If that's the case, he isn't good enough.
ETH will have to have a real look at some of these players because we need to either sell them and get money or they ready for United.
I mean we have Europa or Conference, if he cannot get a start in those games, I really question his ability to play for United.
Every youngster that ETH thinks can make it, should get there chance in that competition.
Hopefully ETH will read what you wrote and get your advice.

In Rainbows

He sounds like another mediocre academy product in the same mould as McTominay from the recent comments
He's a lot more talented than McTominay. McTominay was average for the youth. Garner was one of the standouts for the youth sides, and in comparison to a lot of midfielders we've had at youth level over the years.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
If we got FDJ the James would be the perfect partner next to him in a double pivot
No. Both are not known to be aggressive ball winner. It’s going to be either FDJ or James to partner another DM.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Starts in a big final, hopefully has a great one.

city-puma

Starts in a big final, hopefully has a great one.
I heard he had injuries from the last game and worry he might miss this great experience. Nice to know he can play. A great experience before coming back. I have high expectations from him.

Ibi Dreams

From what I've read he's had a really good season, but hasn't quite performed in the playoffs so far. Hoping he smashes it tonight

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He looks like a below par McTominay. Not seen much that makes me that excited.
I love assumptions made off 30 minutes of play. He set up what should have been 1-0, though.

He’s always looking for the ball too. So not like McTominay at all.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Forest bypassing the midfield as usual. It's either knocking it around between the defenders or a hoof out wide. I'm starting to think he'd be better off sticking around next season as I don't think we'll learn much watching him with Forest if they make it to the PL.

Ranchero

I love assumptions made off 30 minutes of play. He set up what should have been 1-0, though.

He’s always looking for the ball too. So not like McTominay at all.
I love assumptions on the amount of time ive seen him that are totally wrong. Try again, son, try again

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I love assumptions on the amount of time ive seen him that are totally wrong. Try again, son, try again
It’s quite clear you haven’t been watching him. Great ball again and 1-0.

Kag

I’ve watched a fair few Forest games this season and it’s clear that this has been a great loan move for him. He’s learned how to play professional football and physicality isn’t an issue.

I can’t help but think he needs to move to a different team regardless, though. Joe Worrall pumping it long isn’t going to be pretty in the Premier League and he could really do with seeing more of the ball.

He’s playing well today.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It’s a fair assumption considering he’s nothing like McTominay though, it’s fair enough if you don’t think he’s good enough but they’re not similar at all. :lol:

NoPace

Brilliant ball. Not a lot of players can hit a dangerous cross from that central a position.

He sort of just stands around a lot but he’s quite good on the ball. Seems like a guy who should play the role Kroos does with a DM behind him and a box to box player to his right above him.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Really good half from Garner. Few stand-out moments - obviously the goal and a big, clean tackle in his own box. But he really is a metronome player. Seems to communicate well and move players around, and clearly likes being the quarterback.

I'm not sure how athletic he is from today, doesn't really have to move much. Am curious if he always plays on the left side of the 2 in midfield, that tends to be where Fred is for us.

Giggsforever

Pretty clear you have not seen him much, not like McTominay at all. He has much better vision and passing range and passing ability. Different player.

Ranchero

It’s a fair assumption considering he’s nothing like McTominay though, it’s fair enough if you don’t think he’s good enough but they’re not similar at all. :lol:
He is and has been playing that deep lying role. Anyway his ball into the box was superb for the goal. And he is a decent cross on him

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
He had a great end to the half.

Excellent tackle in his box, great ball for the goal and won 2 tackles at the halfway line that forest wasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.