James Garner image 37

James Garner England flag

2021-22 Performances

View full 2021-22 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Yes. I see a maturity in his game I dont see in Garner. He is much more nimble and aware. I think he will be the better player in the long run.
Dont disagree, both probably not at United though

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Yes. I see a maturity in his game I dont see in Garner. He is much more nimble and aware. I think he will be the better player in the long run.
I'm not seeing a great deal of difference when they played at the same level to be honest and I don't know If either will physically make it in the prem.

Bondi77

Been called up to England U21s for first time which would have to be based on his Forest form from last season so congrats to the young man.

Skills

Snitch
Anyone watching Forest Derby now?

Big game for forest, they've lost 4 to start the season

Blood Mage

Should we consider recalling him if we don't sign anybody tomorrow? I don't rate him much but would rather see him in the midfield pivot with Fred than Pogba.

Gerald G

No - he's not good enough yet. He's also not better than our current midfielders so there's no point. Let him try improve and get regular minutes

dabeast

We should never have loaned him until we were sure that we had gotten a DM. He would have been a great youngster (who has already excelled at Championship-level) to drip-feed into the team.

Indnyc

Anyone watching the Forest game? He started for them today.
Regular starter for Forrest it seems. 90 minutes again today. Anyone know how he's doing?
Last two games he was a bit poor but a lot of it seemed to be due to the coaching.. Today, he apparently played well with the caretaker manager in charge.. Was involved a bit in the second goal as well

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
He seems to have lost his starting place. Anyone know why?
New manager?

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
He seems to have lost his starting place. Anyone know why?
New manager?
He started in the week against Bristol and played the full 90.
I am sure Steve Cooper knows what he has in him having worked with him at England level before so was probably looking at other long term options and hopefully now James keeps his place.

Nero

Every time we loan a player the manager seems to get sacked within 6 weeks.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Having a good game tonight, not in terms of passing, West Brom are maintaining possession well, but in terms of work rate, positioning and sensible play.
A moment towards the end of the first half, Forest on the attack, Garner tries to play a tight pass to Grabban who can't control it and West Brom are on the counter attack.
Garner runs 40 yards full pelt to block the cross from coming in. Excellent work rate and desire.

Blood Mage

Never going to be good enough for us but I hope he continues to do well and gets himself a move to another PL club.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Never going to be good enough for us but I hope he continues to do well and gets himself a move to another PL club.
Never say never but he needs plenty of dominant play in the Championship for us to even consider him now at this point. He should be sold on with a buyback. One of the promoted clubs would probably have taken him as a squad player this season. Anyway. He’s got quite a bit of the season left to kick on.

Mylock

Garner has the ability to make it here, he could be perfect if he learns to boss it more on the pitch. I found when he got a chance here he played it far too safe. He's a very good passer, reads the game well, very good tackler. He just needs to show more ambition in his play to stand out as he has the talent and leadership skills.

Red00012

Garner has the ability to make it here, he could be perfect if he learns to boss it more on the pitch. I found when he got a chance here he played it far too safe. He's a very good passer, reads the game well, very good tackler. He just needs to show more ambition in his play to stand out as he has the talent and leadership skills.
I was thinking Ralf may recall him if we don’t sign a CM in January

K Stand Knut

we don’t know if that was the instructions he was following though. As far as we know, he was under those instructions and we had an overall intention of just keeping the ball.

It’s not like anyone else, bar Fernandes, is overly proactive with their passes.

really pleased to see him getting some serious game time at Forest now in a team that is performing well and winning games.

Whilst I agree that I’d rather see him in the team than Matic/Mata etc., I want him playing as many minutes as possible this season and I think Forest would be his best bet for the next 6 months because i don’t think he’d start many games in our first XI

Re-evaluate his position in the summer

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
If they maintain form, they will probably push for playoff. Maybe we could borrow them Elanga, Amad or similar?

MrBest

If they maintain form, they will probably push for playoff. Maybe we could borrow them Elanga, Amad or similar?
I think Amad should be playing at a higher level if he were to go on loan, mid table prem team. Not sure where i would put Elanga but gut feeling, i think Norwich would be really good for him. They are desperate for more attacking power and i think he would do well playing back up to Puki at first and I could see him get more game time as he integrate.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I think Amad should be playing at a higher level if he were to go on loan, mid table prem team. Not sure where i would put Elanga but gut feeling, i think Norwich would be really good for him. They are desperate for more attacking power and i think he would do well playing back up to Puki at first and I could see him get more game time as he integrate.
Mid table prem teams aren't going to develop someone as unproven as Amad. They would just take him for depth.

Feyenoord still isn't a bad idea. They have a gaping hole on the RW, play good, pressing footy, and are in the knockout stages of the conference league. The downside is they can't afford a loan fee and he'd lose his homegrown status, which would decrease his value.

Championship is also great and there's the benefit of it being English football and more closely resembling the PL.

city-puma

I think the loan spells he has had over last two years have shown that he has it in his mentality to make it here. He has gone through several changes of managers or changes of the positions. Eventually, he can still gain the trust to become a starter. Just be patient. He is a rare type of midfield nowadays and will become precious eventually.

city-puma

Mid table prem teams aren't going to develop someone as unproven as Amad. They would just take him for depth.

Feyenoord still isn't a bad idea. They have a gaping hole on the RW, play good, pressing footy, and are in the knockout stages of the conference league. The downside is they can't afford a loan fee and he'd lose his homegrown status, which would decrease his value.

Championship is also great and there's the benefit of it being English football and more closely resembling the PL.
After putting my post, I saw this and thought, omg, I posted in the wrong place, Amad thread? :lol:

Swedish_Plumber

Starts again today vs Middlesbrough. The game is now being shown live on sky too as another championship game due to be shown was postponed.

Status
Not open for further replies.