James Garner to Nottingham Forest - Loan watch 2020-21

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I watched the first half. Watford were absolutely terrible and couldn't string two passes together. Garner probably gave it away less than most, but he was quite passive and the game passed him by quite a lot. Also completely wasted a freekick in a decent area by floating it so far over everyone's head and out that it was a bit embarrassing.

Hopefully things improve for him.

Kostov

I watched the first half. Watford were absolutely terrible and couldn't string two passes together. Garner probably gave it away less than most, but he was quite passive and the game passed him by quite a lot. Also completely wasted a freekick in a decent area by floating it so far over everyone's head and out that it was a bit embarrassing.

Early days and it is understandable to an extent. Worrying thin is if Watford completely fall apart and sack the manager like they love to, that can't be good.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

MadDogg

That sounds promising so hopefully that means his second half was better. In the first half almost all of his passes were safe ones that didn't really do much except give the responsibility to someone else (like what his new teammate Cleverley used to do for us). Understandable for his first start, but we'll certainly be hoping he takes on more responsibility going forward.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
That sounds promising so hopefully that means his second half was better. In the first half almost all of his passes were safe ones that didn't really do much except give the responsibility to someone else (like what his new teammate Cleverley used to do for us). Understandable for his first start, but we'll certainly be hoping he takes on more responsibility going forward.
Ok, thanks. I wasn’t trying to disagree with you. Just thought you’d be interested in the stats. Obviously watching the game gives you a much better idea of how he did than a bunch of stats. It does sound like they were brutal as a team. Which isn’t ideal for his development.

MadDogg

Ok, thanks. I wasn’t trying to disagree with you. Just thought you’d be interested in the stats. Obviously watching the game gives you a much better idea of how he did than a bunch of stats. It does sound like they were brutal as a team. Which isn’t ideal for his development.
That's an understatement. It felt like most of them were so bad at passing the ball that they were better off just running with it instead, and surprisingly they quite often made some decent ground before inevitably losing the ball. It was very much their second team though (I think they only had one player that had started either of their league games) so hopefully Garner can break into their first team and they might play a better style.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Playing against Luton it'll be interesting to see how he does compared to Fred/Matic against their midfield!

Nice to see he's got himself into the starting 11.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Obviously rating him highly, nice to see. Hope he has a good game.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He starts too bad their match is the same time as United. But their line up has been bloody defensive. Although I like how they play Sarr & that Joao guy instead of Murray, more pace up front.

ariel

Apparently he takes Watford's free kicks.
Good sign for him.

Hit a cracker to the bar. Would've been some goal if it went in

Bwuk

Looking like this will be a great move for him.

meamth

Not bad, already looks like one of those "Why Manchester United wants to sign James Garner" videos.

Seems very capable of playing in Championship physically. Seems very hesitant, probably lacking confidence to release the ball faster.

If he keeps playing like this, won't be long before him becomes an important cog in midfield.

#CR7

Watched the game in real time and whilst he is tidy on the ball I would like him to be more aggressive in all parts of the game. He never really got stuck in or played any direct passes between the lines to make things happen. Overall good game but needs to try to be less passive.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Watched the game in real time and whilst he is tidy on the ball I would like him to be more aggressive in all parts of the game. He never really got stuck in or played any direct passes between the lines to make things happen. Overall good game but needs to try to be less passive.
I remember saw him tried it once vs Reading in first half and he missed way off.

Red71

From the video, it appeared to be a very decent performance from the lad. It looks to me as if he’s been told to come in and keep it simple to begin with. There was nothing too flashy in there but he looked effective enough and always made himself available. No doubt there’s plenty more to come once he’s properly settled in.

Varun1

Could he replace Matic? Wondering if he's the reason we didn't get anyone in Matic's position.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Hopefully it's just early nerves, I think he'll show more aggression as he grows in confidence, he's never been a shy player.