James Garner

NFM

The Forest manager, coaches, local press and fans all thought Garner was their MoM. He kept Wilshire very quiet and that was his main job . He is not playing with top players so their ambitions are limited, but everyone there thinks its the best transfer for years. They also think he is too good for them, hope United will extend his loan into next season, but can't believe they will be so lucky.
Sometimes our own youngsters are praised too much too early; sometimes, like with Garner, patience is required because there is a real player there.

Tapori

There's a fantastic channel mapping footage of every touch of our key loanees on youtube.
I've watched Garner in 3 games for Forest, and what I really like about him is that he makes the best decisions as possible and has a formidable passing range FORWARDS and and seems to be developing physique and bite.
He also looks like he's John Stones's little brother.

I'd say next year, PL club or FULL championship role starter. Very impressed and hope it continues. The Forest fans love him and that says a great deal as fans are fans regardless of club position and if they take a shine to you then you're halfway there as a new signing.

Tallis

I watched part of the game. He didn’t seem to have much of an influence - was really struggling to get on the ball at least for the bit I watched but interesting to hear that others thought he did well.

lysglimt

Scout
James Garner: Was so close to his first goal in a Forest shirt when his header looped off the crossbar but showed his composure and understanding in his defending responsibilities. 8

From Nottingham Post

lysglimt

Scout
He seems to have taken serious steps since leaving Watford - the Forest-fans are in awe of his performances. We should let him stay there one more season - and then get him back for 2022. It's still too early for the P.L - but one more season and he might be ready

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Seems to be building something good at Forest, I think we should loan him to tjem for the full season next season.
Let's see if they go up before rash judgements like that eh?

Mickson

Well, they won't go up this season so they are almost certainly playing in The Championship next season. I'm not sure that's a good idea for Garner, but let's wait and see.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
There's not a chance Forest go up. Just seems logical to let him to continue at a club where he's getting minutes, is viewed as a good player and, most importantly, is being played in his actual position.

KevinJoh

It is a big question if going up and playing a few minutes in some club is better than playing full season 90 minutes every week in midtable Championship club. From my point of view for all those kids on loan the most important thing at this stage is to play every week in a team where they have support and confidence. Like, this is better loan for Garner than Watford, even if Watford will get promoted as their style is not suitable, while obviously they did not play on his strength. At Forest he is the key man, and if that stays like that you can expect him playing every week next year, while building his body and getting a good experience. Would be awesome if he can get something like that with club like Brighton for example in PL. Not sure what is the plan for him, maybe they will get him back to the first team, but I guess at least we will see him in preseason and Ole can decide than.

lysglimt

Scout
Not a classic :) Poor strike with his left foot from 12 yards out - and Marshall lets it go under his body - but congrats to Garner for his first ever goal :)

Cast5

Some nice touches, tidy passing, puts his foot in as well. Thought he played very well.

Brightonian

Not a classic :) Poor strike with his left foot from 12 yards out - and Marshall lets it go under his body - but congrats to Garner for his first ever goal :)
Bit harsh, he hit it nicely and with power. Obviously should have been saved but the strike was ok.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Not came to criticise him but he will certainly need more time to develop. Needs to build stamina and core strength and perhaps raise his defensive game overall. At youth he looked pretty dominating player due to his playmaking abilities which are now diminished with the amount of time he doesnt get on the ball and his frame helped him a lot, now he looks a bit small but still only turning 20 in few weeks. I think he will need parhaps rather two more season beyond this one on loan with regular play time to get chance with us. But CMs peak later though, would be good if he could get a EPL loan in one of his loans if he's ready.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Forest lost but he was far and above their best player accd. to Forest forums

Samba 6 - as Captain Sinister said went to pieces after their goal....he'd had very little to do till then.
Christie 6 - did good in the first half but his crossing isn't any good......in fact no-one in our team can cross a ball.
Figuerido 3 - every time he gets the ball I'm expecting something bad to happen.....surely McKenna is fit....nearly fit?
Worrall 6 - I thought he did OK but like everybody else lost the plot
Ribeiro 4 - better than bong........er....
Cafu 5 - I thought he was OK in the first half....
Garner 7 - looked a class above the rest of our team...especially that run into the box where he nearly scored.
Knockaert 6 - was good in the first half....
Krovinovic 6 - was doing OK but like everybody else fell away...
Lolley 7 - I thought he had a decent game and should have stayed on....when he went off we had little or no threat down the left.
Murray 1 - He had a great chance after one minute - he should have scored....after that he did nothing...surely there's a young striker in the under 23s who can contribute more.
A 19 year old loanee is above and clear our best player.

Figueiredo - If he were a horse, he'd be a 4 pack of Pritt sticks by now. It seems like every time there's a goal, it's him getting beat. Throws his toys out the pram when we concede for some reason.
Cafu - Very nearly fooled me into thinking he could play last week, almost had me!
Ameobi - He played the role of impact substitute well, just unfortunately it was to Luton's benefit not ours. He's built like a giraffe but dribbles like Bambi on ice.
Knockaert - Greedy. Had a real go on Friday but he was gash tonight. He was like that one guy you play 5-a-side with that never wants to pass.
Taylor - Vintage Lyle performance. Came on, almost got into a full sprint, fell over trying to con a free kick and waved his hands around a bit. He's a better public speaker than a footballer.
Murray - Maybe focus on your day job a bit more Glenn mate, instead of spending your free time analysing others. I'm sure if Danny Mills and Robbie Savage can have careers in football media, you'll get your chance too.

Still think Grabban is the best striker at the club and that's probably the problem. We played quite well and controlled the game for 60 minutes until we ran out of energy and ideas.
Shite.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I wonder how much he is important in deciding what type of CDM we go for.

If he is good enough then we can go like for like on Matic and get a ball winning midfielder player like Rice.

If Garner is not good enough - alongside Pogba's decisions then we need a player who can pass the ball around for us than just a ball winning player.

Kostov

I wonder how much he is important in deciding what type of CDM we go for.

If he is good enough then we can go like for like on Matic and get a ball winning midfielder player like Rice.

If Garner is not good enough - alongside Pogba's decisions then we need a player who can pass the ball around for us than just a ball winning player.
That actually would be a very nice scenario if Garner actually manages to keep this up and fight his way into next season's squad, and we of course manage to buy Rice for a reasonable sum.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
That actually would be a very nice scenario if Garner actually manages to keep this up and fight his way into next season's squad, and we of course manage to buy Rice for a reasonable sum.
Is Rice even a priority? We need to first spend on a CB and a striker and if Pogba goes, his replacement. Those two positions will suck up most of the budget and then some. If Amad works out or shows decent potential, then no need for a RW.
Keep Matic for another season or we have a work-around with McFred and James.

Kostov

Is Rice even a priority? We need to first spend on a CB and a striker and if Pogba goes, his replacement. Those two positions will suck up most of the budget and then some. If Amad works out or shows decent potential, then no need for a RW.
Keep Matic for another season or we have a work-around with McFred and James.
CDM is a priority for years and is neglected for some strange reason. Matic is past it and Fred is not good enough as a CDM. CDM, RW and CB must be the absolute priority this summer and, that's without thinking of a Pogba replacement. At striker if we have a chance for Haaland then go for him, if not, invest in Greenwood and Martial as his replacement.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
CDM is a priority for years and is neglected for some strange reason. Matic is past it and Fred is not good enough as a CDM. CDM, RW and CB must be the absolute priority this summer and, that's without thinking of a Pogba replacement. At striker if we have a chance for Haaland then go for him, if not, invest in Greenwood and Martial as his replacement.
Thats at least £250M. I doubt if we will hv more than £150M to spend. Personally, I think we need a no 9 more than a CDM in the short term.

GueRed

A heads up.

Young lad Garner in the starting line-up for Forest as they take on Watford.

KO 12:30pm Live on Skysports

Mickson

Garner has been their best player in the first half. I really like his versatility in his passing, some good long balls when he is switching sides, and also great passing between the lines. He's only getting better and better, seems to have been their best player in general since his arrival.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Is he playing as the deepest midfielder? Ie, could we send Matic out to pasture next season?

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
He’s their only player who doesn’t shit himself on the ball. Very composed today - and he continues to win the ball back well and look solid positionally. Again they have no interest in playing through midfield - they’re an awful football team who I keep watching for some reason! He needs to get involved more but it’s difficult in that team.

Marwood

Is he playing as the deepest midfielder? Ie, could we send Matic out to pasture next season?
He looks to be playing fairly deep to me. Big fan of his but I feel he won't be ready next season.

Not usually a fan of players bulking up too much but in his case it's needed. He's not slow but he's not quick either. So can you be mid paced and fairly scrawny in a team aiming to be champions? You'd need elite level on the ball to get away with it.

Hit the gym James.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He’s their only player who doesn’t shit himself on the ball. Very composed today - and he continues to win the ball back well and look solid positionally. Again they have no interest in playing through midfield - they’re an awful football team who I keep watching for some reason! He needs to get involved more but it’s difficult in that team.
Let’s be honest, we’re only watch because of Garner. They are a garbage side to watch and so are Watford

lysglimt

Scout
From Nottingham Post - 2nd best player after Joe Worrall

James Garner: Full of industry on his return to Watford following his loan spell at Vicarage Road earlier in the season. The Manchester United loanee acquitted himself really well. 7

Didn't watch the game but from what I have read, Gaetan Bong apparently took awful to a new level for Nottingham