James Garner

lysglimt

Scout
Some of the things he did for the reserves, the majority of our first-team players would struggle to achieve. He has a lot to learn, but his passning and finishing is right up there with the best at our club

Caesar2290

Typical caf being to hard on the lad. It's been a couple of games and he's already being written of.

When Carrick was his age, he wasn't pulling up any trees either. Let's wait and see how he progresses.

So far I see he has a lot of the attributes lacking in our MF.

What the lad needs right now is to have consistent game time. As much of it as possible so we can get a glimpse of the player he is supposed to be.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Playing Derby tonight, hopefully he's up against Rooney in midfield. On Sky at 7pm.

Don't Kill Bill

In the five minutes I saw, he knocked a corner kick too long gave away the ball with a poor pass and committed a foul while already booked. When I turned back over he was subbed off.

At least he was playing and getting game time.

mat85

On their forums they talked about him as man of the match in their last game

GueRed

just a heads up

Watford are playing tonight

Hopefully Garner starts. Also be good to have another look at that Sarr lad

GueRed

They've been waxing lyrical about him since he joined. Their coach said he's one of the best young talents in England.
Technically he's a sublime midfielder. He has every kind of pass in his locker and his vision is top class.

Main issue is exerting himself on games. Game passes him by alot.

Hopefully this loan experience his minutes on the pitch will help in his development

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
They've been waxing lyrical about him since he joined. Their coach said he's one of the best young talents in England.
Not quite. They've been complimentary when appropriate but they've definitely had their criticisms of him.

He's done well so far, hopefully he's done enough to keep his place once their other midfielders begin returning.

Mickson

Hopefully he'll start as I have time to watch it. However, he probably won't consider he got axed at half time in the last game.

STYLOISRED

At his best - he is their best midfielder. At his worst - he is largely anonymous.
Which for me is a positive given his age and profile because Young DMs who control games consistently are extremely rare. For me this season should be about improving positional awareness and defensive contribution at the top level.

Mark Pawelek

His best (vs. Blackburn Rovers) is good enough to earn an automatic start. His worst (vs. Bournemouth) isn't. He needs to perform consistently every match.

KevinJoh

His best (vs. Blackburn Rovers) is good enough to earn an automatic start. His worst (vs. Bournemouth) isn't. He needs to perform consistently every match.
I guess you would expect that from someone who is starting his senior experience. That is the reason why he is loaned out, to get there in a few months and be ready at the end of the season.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Think his head went a bit v Bournemouth, but that is all part of the learning process.
I notice that the Watford manager tends to play him in just one game a week, which is good management in my opinion.
The proof of whether a loan works is the player that comes back to his host club a more rounded individual both on and off the pitch, most players that go out on loans won't get into United's first team set up, but hopefully a couple will, who they will be is anyone's guess. Garner certainly has the attributes to make it, but who knows?