James Garner

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Playing Norwich tonight. Hopefully will start, watching with my father in law who's a Watford fan.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
On the bench. Line up looks very conservative, not sure if this new manager will be good news for him.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Not coming on tonight, not sure he's going to get much game time if Watford set up like this every week.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Not coming on tonight, not sure he's going to get much game time if Watford set up like this every week.
Just been watching a few minutes of it, absolute bore fest! But they’re winning. He isn’t coming on.

We’ll beat this lot quite comfortably. I don’t think they’ll play their strongest side anyway

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Just been watching a few minutes of it, absolute bore fest! But they’re winning. He isn’t coming on.

We’ll beat this lot quite comfortably. I don’t think they’ll play their strongest side anyway
Its actually been an alright game! Playing with 2 in the centre and it looks like chalobah and Hughes are ahead of him from the bench. cleverly and Capoue look like his first choice.

The only worry would be the pace of Sarr. It is frightening at times. The rest of them look painfully average. We should walk through their defence.

Minkaro

He came on after an hour in their last game. Hopefully he gets some more game time - I might be wrong but I think their next game is Huddersfield on the 16th.

So there's always a chance he might have a different manager by then.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
At least Capoue getting sold will give him some more opportunities.

mat85

Looking like his loan is going downhill. Not even getting off the bench under the new manager

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
The championship is long and has a lot of games, so he will get a chance. It's a shame he's not starting but it's still a good experience.

lysglimt

Scout
United should recall him - the new manager clearly wants to use other players.

Okey

I'm starting to worry a bit if he'll ever make it at United. Anyway, he's still only 19, so has time on his side. He plays a position where it'll be such a joy if he made it here.

K Stand Knut

I'm starting to worry a bit if he'll ever make it at United. Anyway, he's still only 19, so has time on his side. He plays a position where it'll be such a joy if he made it here.
I think cancelling the loan helps a lot.

Wasting the next 5 months not playing would be pointless but if he can get another loan and get plenty of game time, he can come back and maybe get in the squad next season.

Without a loan, he’s got no right knocking on Ole’s door demanding playing time for us

Tallis

Still plenty of time for him. CMs and CBS take the longest to mature.

He shows enough class - just needs to tighten up the more mundane aspects of playing in that role.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He has enough championship experience to earn another loan move from another championship team. I’m not worry with him getting chances again but there is concern now whether he has the talent to make it here. Still very young for a midfielder though, so plenty of time to be patient.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Did Mctomminay ever go on loan?

Loans at United seem to be for u23s who are not good enough for the first team. The ones who make it tend to directly break in ti the first team squad.

Mickson

Loans at United seem to be for u23s who are not good enough for the first team. The ones who make it tend to directly break in ti the first team squad.
Nope. His inclusion in the first team was some kind of a surprise for regular youth watchers.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

Evans went on loan and he's much better than McTominay. Players grow up at different rates both mentally and physically and they get given different opportunities through chance sometimes as well. Rashford for example might have gone on loan at some point had we not needed him so desperately. Wouldn't have meant he's not a top player.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I hope they understand the sort of midfielder he is and don’t shoe horn him into the team. No idea why Watford thought he was a number 10. Garner’s main attributes are play making from deep and controlling games again from a deeper position
He's a bit lightweight though just yet, he probably needs a bruiser next to him if he's playing deeper. The games at no.10 won't have done him any harm in the long run anyway.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

McTominay was still at U23 without first team appearances when he was 19 though.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

McTominay was extremely fortunate that Mourinho placed such emphasis on height, he'd never have got a minute under any other manager.

Santos J

Bit of a strange one this, not really what they need, they need someone a bit more creative further forward in midfield and they're not exactly playing great at the minute.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Obviously only seen him a bit. Nice player but no way he looks good enough to be doing it at United. I think he’d do well to stay in the Premier League all his career.

jem

McTominay was extremely fortunate that Mourinho placed such emphasis on height, he'd never have got a minute under any other manager.
If that's the case then I'd say the team is fortunate as well, given that he's become a pretty valuable squad member.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Straight into the starting lineup today vs Coventry, been ok so far. Deepest midfielder.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Played a great long ball in the buildup to Forrests equalizer.