James Maddison | Spurs

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I guess I am part of the minority then. I was happy when Kane left because I didn't want them on the same team. When he is fit he has always been a very good player. He is one of the 10's I wanted before we got Bruno.
Personally I fully expected him to be this good at Spurs. My doubts lay in Spurs as a team matching it.
I fully expected both Bissouma and Maddison to be this good. It's criminal that we don't take punts like this as a club.
Fair play. Hadn't paid attention to him for an age, so had no opinion on his move. He now looks like an absolute steal.

He's so slick with what he does, and Son absolutely loves it, so too the midfield; they're pinging passes between themselves seamlessly.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Didn't Mount get voted players´ player of the year twice, including the CL winning year, by his Chelsea mates, and featured regularly on the England side? How does one gets so far with poor general play?
Because football is a team sport, and he was carried by much better players. Same reason people used to argue with me about why Donny was a bad signing with people using the "he was the 10 for a good Ajax side who lit up Europe so surely he's a good footballer".

If you actually watch their games, it is clear that they benefit greatly from having midfielders like Kovacic (for Mount) or de Jong (for Donny) carry the midfield with their press resistance.

That's what separates Mount and Maddison apart. Mount is very weak and poor under pressure whereas Maddison is press resistant.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
Seemed like a streaky player for me at Leicester. Looks good for Spurs so far this season, but he had patches like this over there too. He is a quality player but I have wondered if his mind is always in it.

Guy Incognito

Out until January.

Surprised how good he has slotted in at Spurs thought not surprised he has had an injury setback. He would've been out for months if it were United knowing our luck.

cyberman

Only fair to bump this when he’s not playing well when it was Maddison > Bruno after a few weeks of good form