James Maddison | Spurs

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
true but if a player like him comes available you really think City Liverpool and newly able to buy Chelsea wouldn't be interested, that said like Maguire our price may put them off
Don't think we would go for him for two reason's.

1. We have Mount and Loftus in his position.

2. We have much more urgent needs in terms of areas to strengthen.

If we go shopping in Leicester it would be for Chillwell, not Maddison.

Onerealunited

I so much hope we go for Maddison.

Imagine if we next year can have an attack of:

Sancho - Maddison - Rashford
CF

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
true but if a player like him comes available you really think City Liverpool and newly able to buy Chelsea wouldn't be interested, that said like Maguire our price may put them off
Out of luck mate. Foreign clubs will not come due to his price tag. Liverpool dont play a no 10 and Chelsea dont need him. Pep ,yes could convert him to a CM like KDB but I doubt they would be interested.

Not that I am saying we need him , still think he is but overrated and haven't done enough to warrant a 90m move.

tob

He'd be the creative midfielder with expectations that the front 3 all score more (which is more how we'll be set up anyway). I've said it before though... very good player, but shouldn't be the main priority. Sort out the 2 deeper midfield spots and the right wing before going after him. By then the position might sort itself out anyway.
Yes, you'd expect him to be a creative midfielder that helps the others to score more. I'm not sure we'd need that kind of player as we actually do create chances, but don't score. We need players with better goal tallies. If I was comfortable in Rashford and Martial, or someone else, reaching the contributing of 20 goals, I'd be more interested in signing someone like Maddison. Though I'm really looking forward to see how his season will progress and what will happen to him when summer arrives. Hopefully he'll have a great season and reach a goal tally up towards the 15-mark.

No, and Klopp would often play Coutinho on the wing anyway.

Without sounding too cocky, if we seriously want Maddison, I personally believe we'd get him.
True, so that would leave Spurs, City or Arsenal. I don't think those 3 clubs need him or would he be the profile they go for. So yeah if we're serious we should get him.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
What clubs?

Clubs that he'd choose over United.
take the United specs off mate, no matter what you are told publicly Maguire wanted Man City but they wouldn't pay up, players will go where they will win the most cups and earn a shit ton of cash, currently there are several ahead of United

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Out of luck mate. Foreign clubs will not come due to his price tag. Liverpool dont play a no 10 and Chelsea dont need him. Pep ,yes could convert him to a CM like KDB but I doubt they would be interested.

Not that I am saying we need him , still think he is but overrated and haven't done enough to warrant a 90m move.
we don't play a 10, we've been playing 4141, when we went to a diamond today it was the first time he'd been at 10 all season, Maddison plays as a twin 8

AKDevil

you'll have a fight on your hands, a lot of clubs will come in for him

it was a shit game hardly anyone impressed
Of course, this guy just looks like a United player. Chuck in what seems to be our philosophy, even way Rodgers is talking, weaknesses we have in our team, it all makes sense. Is he a United fan/idolised Beckham/Ronaldo or both things ... just a lot seems to point to it ending that way.

Walters_19_MuFc

take the United specs off mate, no matter what you are told publicly Maguire wanted Man City but they wouldn't pay up, players will go where they will win the most cups and earn a shit ton of cash, currently there are several ahead of United
Im asking what clubs?

Hawks2008

I like him, but don't see how he wouldn't cost a ridiculous fee. I can't help but feel like we'd be able to find better value outside the prem as buying from other clubs in the league is very costly. Hopefully we are in the CL and are a stronger position to buy so clubs don't try bend us over knowing we're desperate.

zenith

I would certainly love him at the club if pogba were to leave. Ideal scenario would be to replace pogba with bruno Fernandes and madission, but even one of them would be grea .

Walters_19_MuFc

I already named them in a later post
Liverpool - Klopp prefers workers to creative players in midfield.

Chelsea - Lampard will not pay over the odds for a player they're not desperate for.

City - Just look at their team.

Spurs - Just bought an attacking midfielder in Lo Celso. Also have Alli.

Anyone else?

prateik

Clearly wants to play in the CL next season.. Didnt score from a great chance against us.. Scored a great one against our top 4 rival.

Silas

I would certainly love him at the club if pogba were to leave. Ideal scenario would be to replace pogba with bruno Fernandes and madission, but even one of them would be grea .
Why would we sign two #10s?

Ekeke

He already plays the City CM/AM position

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
That's the point though. He was brilliant as 10
he's played more at CM then 10 for us, he only went to 10 today, for the first time all season, when Praet came on and we matched Spurs' shape.

He's better as an 8 with freedom then a 10 so far

Classical Mechanic

How is Ross Barkley keeping him out of the England side
Southgate is playing a 4-3-3 in the mould of Liverpool where the two wide midfielders are workhorses rather than creative players. Maddison doesn’t fit the system as he has weak work rate which leaves space in that formation for the opposition to exploit. Barkley played this role for Sarri, Henderson plays it for Liverpool. That’s why he said Mount fits the system better than Maddison. It makes sense given our personnel, like Liverpool the jewels in our crown are the front 3, a hard working 4-3-3 midfield allows us to play an attacking formation to compliment them.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
He'd probably cost more than Maguire and I couldn't see us spending that much on him and Sancho in one summer, so.. maybe if we can't land Sancho.

CRUTotalFootballYFF

Supports
Leicester
"If there's a valuation met which the club perceives the player to be worth then there will be a discussion," - Brendan Rogers

No doubts from me or anyone around Leicester that if you want him, you will get him.

You will get the same criticism as the Maguire transfer though, there will be questioning whether or not he is worth the £100 million+ you will need to pay.

He's equally as good at 10 or 8, Rogers's problem so far though is that we lack forward options outside of Vardy but have great quality in midfield, so Maddison is occasionally forced out wide left which doesn't suit him.

It's not really sustainable for yourselves though, or at the very least isn't an efficient way to try to claw back the gap between yourselves and City/Liverpool.
Our team responsible for scouting/signing players is what you really should be looking for as your 'Transfer target'.

Don't be surprised if Leicester fans will once again be pleased with losing Maddison for another extortionate fee.
I'd be very happy that we would once again, like with Maguire, benefit more with the fee rather than the player, given our record in the transfer market.

bondsname

We should've bought him last summer because now his price as surely doubled. Nonway we are getting him this season.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
he's played more at CM then 10 for us, he only went to 10 today, for the first time all season, when Praet came on and we matched Spurs' shape.

He's better as an 8 with freedom then a 10 so far
Your game play actually went up by one level and he provided at least 3 key passes . He is definitely not a CM for me.

Classical Mechanic

Maddison doesn't have weak work rate, he works damn hard for us
His distance covered last season was 10.6km per 90 which would put him in the bottom bracket for midfielders in the Premier League. The 4-3-3 Southgate plays is attacking so you need higher work rate midfielders to close the space that’s left open.

The PL haven’t uploaded the running data for this season so I don’t know if he’s improved.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Your game play actually went up by one level and he provided at least 3 key passes . He is definitely not a CM for me.
we also changed formation and had a second striker for him to pick out, his best games for us have come as an 8 not a 10, he'll grow into the latter

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
if your only definition of working hard is distance ran then fair enough but there is more to it than that

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Top teams don't play with a #10 these days, all prefer a 3 man midfield to allow them control of the game.

Besides I don't see Maddison being worth anywhere near the amount Leicester would want, hope we steer away from him.