James Maddison | Spurs

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I like him but i'm not really feeling the hype over his performance today.

Him and Vardy had the freedom of the Chelsea half of the pitch for 45 minutes and between them kept squanderering glorious opening's.

Ekeke

Keep in mind that he was playing left wing, something he can do but usually he looks best with contributions in the middle

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Why does his beard stop at the chin line? It looked weird.
It's quite a common thing, though usually it's done by fat people to feign the appearance of a jaw line. All it does for Maddison is highlight the lack of one.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
It's quite a common thing, though usually it's done by fat people to feign the appearance of a jaw line. All it does for Maddison is highlight the lack of one.
A beard that stops at the chin line is a common thing? I rarely see them. I think the 'right' thing to do is to shape the beard in the neck to avoid neck beards, but it's not supposed to stop the beard right at the chin line.

Off topic I know.

edcunited1878

Keep in mind that he was playing left wing, something he can do but usually he looks best with contributions in the middle
He was playing off the left channel and getting into good positions off of it. His final ball and composure on it, which is independent of position, was not good today. If he's going to be a big transfer to a bigger club, he'll need to be more consistent in executing in the final third as a CAM/SS.

MadMike

I only watched the seconnd half and he was alright. More impressed with Tielemans myself.

AC1689

Keep hearing this. Is he actually that bad?
He’s always seemed nice enough on interviews. Doesn’t take himself too seriously and up for a laugh. Slightly cocky but definitely not a prick. That’s my take anyway.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I only watched the seconnd half and he was alright. More impressed with Tielemans myself.
Maddison with Tielemans and Ndidi behind is a class midfield. I think Maddison is a bit wasted out wide

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
A beard that stops at the chin line is a common thing? I rarely see them. I think the 'right' thing to do is to shape the beard in the neck to avoid neck beards, but it's not supposed to stop the beard right at the chin line.

Off topic I know.
Yeah it's common. As I say it's there to give the illusion of a jaw line. It rarely works.

MadMike

You are the only one on earth that has this opinion.
Yeah alright lads. According to you Maddison and Tielemans were constantly making the wrong decision, yet somehow Leicester had even possession (50/50) at Stamford Bridge and the better chances. Give your heads a wobble

haram

Yeah alright lads. According to you Maddison and Tielemans were constantly making the wrong decision, yet somehow Leicester had even possession (50/50) at Stamford Bridge and the better chances. Give your heads a wobble
How about give your eyes a rub.

Devil may care

I thought he showed some nice technical qualities today and pressed well, the risk/reward ratio is always high for a player in his role. He wouldn't be my 1st choice for that #10 role Ole wanted a player for in the summer, especially not at the price Leicester will want, but I wouldn't hate it if we signed him.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I thought Barnes looked good in the left last season, with Maddison looking excellent in the middle, so I'm surprised that he's been deployed back out wide.

He's a good player but I don't get the fuss. I would be fuming if we spent £80m on him.
Like Maguire, I'd be delighted. Regardless of the price, I'm sure he'll have been well worth it by the time he'd be hypothetically done here.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
He's a very good player. Such a damn good passer but where would we play him? Ahead of Sancho on the RW :angel:
He really isn't a winger, more an eight or a ten. He is 22 years old and starting his second season in the Prem, he would replace Pogba.

Last edited by a moderator:

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
What match were you watching? They wasted an absurd amount of chances. Maddison was fine until around the box (when his final ball/decision-making was off) but Tielemans... it was like he was blind to Vardy's runs in the second half. He was atrocious. Chelsea were there for the taking big time in the 2nd half. By the way, this is not the same Chelsea at the Bridge anymore. Leicester won't be the first team to go to Stamford Bridge this season and look comfortable.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Tielemans was rubbish.

Maddison didn't have end product but in the second half I felt he ran the show for Liecester. I think he's a really talented footballer who if he becomes ruthless would really be somebody to fear.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Could be bloody brilliant as the man to replace Lingard. But with Gomes coming , I think we will wait before splashing 100m on him.

He is also a united fan, right ?

fergie_god

Really not a fan of this guy. He’s pretty decent but not significantly better than Lingard to shell out a minimum of 60mil for. That attacking midfield position is very easy to find internationally and we should look for a cheaper better player than Maddison. He also seems to be a huge cnut.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
He was dangerous, but squandered a lot of chances.

He's getting praise for his performance here, but would be getting a whole lot of stick if he'd been playing for United, and did what he did in this game.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Gomes might end up playing as the #8 in a double pivot longterm. Gomes and Maddison could quite easily play in the same team IMO.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Gomes might end up playing as the #8 in a double pivot longterm. Gomes and Maddison could quite easily play in the same team IMO.
Can't see it happening. He's definitely a more attacking player, you'd need a pretty ridiculously good defensive mid and one that is completely dominant physically to be able to hold a midfield of Gomes and Maddison together IMO.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Can't see it happening. He's definitely a more attacking player, you'd need a pretty ridiculously good defensive mid and one that is completely dominant physically to be able to hold a midfield of Gomes and Maddison together IMO.
Gomes will more than contribute defensively IMO. I don't think people realise how good he can be off the ball. Scholes was a striker coming through the ranks but ended up playing in a two man midfield. And he couldn't tackle to save his life.

Sad Chris

Good game and I think he will turn into a very good player.

More importantly, he reminded me of Beckham, movements, fight and obviously he’s modeling himself to look like him. Loved his curled freekick in the first half.

Most importantly, the too half of his face looks like Beckham. The bottom just like my Mum. Including the beard.

Gee Male

Gomes will more than contribute defensively IMO. I don't think people realise how good he can be off the ball. Scholes was a striker coming through the ranks but ended up playing in a two man midfield. And he couldn't tackle to save his life.
Gomes is 5'2" and weighs 55kg. Very good footballer, but it will need to be a very particular midfield that he will fit in. The challenge for him is to be good enough to make that a no brainer.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Gomes is 5'2" and weighs 55kg. Very good footballer, but it will need to be a very particular midfield that he will fit in. The challenge for him is to be good enough to make that a no brainer.
Gomes seems to be getting shorter by the day on here..:lol:

Gomes is about 5'5 from my guesstimate from a close up view. He seems to have grown a few inches and is the same height as Diego Armando Maradona.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
This is what makes me question his long term worth.
:lol: if only he'd cultivate a nice Van Dyke...

He's a good player, and you get the feeling he'll be making a move soon. We should certainly be interested, 'monitoring the situation' in transfer muppetry parlance, but whether he's the right payer for us is debatable.

Luke1995

Maddison really has outstanding technique, just needs to get 20+ assists per season!