James Maddison

Status
Not open for further replies.

simmee

No paedophile or rape jokes before anyone thinks of posting any. Should go without saying but I know what some of you are like.

Wheato

4 newspapers have reported this now.

"James Maddison wants to be left alone until after the U21 EUROs. However, he has asked his representatives to tell #mufc he would like to meet Solskjær. He wants to ask face-to-face what his role/influence/position would be."

I think this is deffo a goer. He is a United fan. David Beckham was his idol. The more I read about him, watch his interviews and highlights of his ability, the more I like this chap. The other element that he offers is that he seems to be a big character. And Lord knows we need some of them in our rather flat dressing room. I would love this guy to join our club. He will improve us. Not just his dead balls and free kicks, but his all round distribution. He made the most assists in the PL last season. Playing for a mid-table side. Imagine what he could do with Rashford and Martial making runs. And joining his boyhood club is the cherry on the top. If he wants to meet Ole for a chat, why not bring Beckham along too? And Scholesy, and Giggs...We'll have him snapped up in no time.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness

"James Maddison wants to be left alone until after the U21 EUROs. However, he has asked his representatives to tell #mufc he would like to meet Solskjær. He wants to ask face-to-face what his role/influence/position would be."

I think this is deffo a goer. He is a United fan. David Beckham was his idol. The more I read about him, watch his interviews and highlights of his ability, the more I like this chap. The other element that he offers is that he seems to be a big character. And Lord knows we need some of them in our rather flat dressing room. I would love this guy to join our club. He will improve us. Not just his dead balls and free kicks, but his all round distribution. He made the most assists in the PL last season. Playing for a mid-table side. Imagine what he could do with Rashford and Martial making runs. And joining his boyhood club is the cherry on the top. If he wants to meet Ole for a chat, why not bring Beckham along too? And Scholesy, and Giggs...We'll have him snapped up in no time.
Martial doesn’t make runs.

Otherwise a good post.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

:lol:

In all seriousness, good post like. Maybe replace Martial with Lingard or James though haha

Scholsey2004

He'd be a good signing imo. Not as good as Pogba obviously but he's good, he'd want to be here and I'd presume he'd be less high maintenance as well.

sp_107

Good Post, Players with that kind of attitude can make the difference and we need more of them.

I really feel we should replace emotionless players like Martial and replace them with some one has skills , passion and determination to take this club back to top again.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Can he play in CM with Bruno Fernandes as no 10?

Dahnsouff

Supports
Leicester City
Blimey, and you guys thought Maguire was expensive! :lol:

reddevil80

I think this young man would be a very good acquisition. Having him alongside Pogba would be fantastic as he would open the pitch up for Pogba to attack, and if Pog doesn't attack, JM could and he'd open spaces behind Rashford.

Kostov

I'd take him in a heartbeat, but it will cost a fortune. If only we were a bit smarter with some transfer over the last couple of years....

SER19

Some seem not keen but I think madison would be a huge success here. I remember seeing him for Norwich a while back (I think it was in Cup at Stamford Bridge and texting my brother saying remember this guys name)

Step up to prem has been easy for him, in a not always consistent side with puel in charge most of year. He also seems to have that little touch of dislikable ego that seems to make him want to be the absolute best.

He's one id love to see here next year

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
This gets my yes vote. If we were to get just one Leicester player this summer, we should get him over Maguire.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Really hope this happens. He'll be a terrific addition.

devilish

I haven't seen much of Bruno to make that judgement but I'm a big fan of James Maddison.
He's an excellent Lampard like attacking midfielder. I think us fans would love him at OT. He's talented, hardworking and he's a goal/assist machine. Unfortunately due to his workrate, managers tend to try and move him further down the pitch which is a shame because he gets less effective there. That's why I was wondering if Maddison can play in a deeper role.

I think that due to the chaos at higher up levels, we'll be fully relying on Phelan/Ole to call the shots. Thus we'll end up with an EPL based transfer market this season as the latter can't be possibly be expected to know what happens in Portugal or France. Which is a shame really as 60m-70m for Fernandes is a steal.

SER19

Where would he fit if we keep pogba. I still think we need a good holding midfielder too should we get him

SER19

He wouldn't fit I don't think. If you played the two of them in a midfield together you would still be majorly lacking some intensity in that area of the field.
In a diamond with let's say an upgraded matic at base, maddison at front of diamond and mctominay and pogba middle? Or swap pogba and maddison. Thoughts?

devilish

In a diamond with let's say an upgraded matic at base, maddison at front of diamond and mctominay and pogba middle? Or swap pogba and maddison. Thoughts?
If we're aiming for a diamond system with AWB and Shaw as fullbacks then we'll end up without width whatsoever.

davidmichael

We need someone who can dictate tempo and an actual playmaker, my preference would be Eriksen but if Maddison has a good tournament with the under 21’s on the back of a very good season in the league then he’d be a good signing.

Classical Mechanic

I just don't think any midfield 3 with those two in it would achieve what we are supposed to be looking for as Maddison and Pogba are both poor defenders in midfield.

UpWithRivers

So another number 10. Rumored available 10's are Bruno, Lo Celso, James Rodreguiz, Eriksen, Coutinho, Dybala, Dani Ceballos, Fekir....and we want to go for Maddison? If WB is going for 60 this guy will start at 80-90
OK Maddison has slowly started and may be able to play deeper but thats a gamble. I would go for Lo Celso before him - cheaper/Argentinian international, or Eriksen if we want a player who can play deeper or any of the others for a number 10 slot. Or there are a million other players for midfield that would be cheaper. I like him, he is a really good prospect but its another one of these buy young and British faux pas - he will cost a mint and he isnt as good as other options (yet).

SER19

I just don't think any midfield 3 with those two in it would achieve what we are supposed to be looking for as Maddison and Pogba are both poor defenders in midfield.
Shame but certainly if Pogba leaves maddison would be great, not to 'replace' him but part of a more balanced rebuild in the middle

Status
Not open for further replies.