James Maddison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox1884

Supports
Leicester City
If Leicester are so great why are they mid table?
Because we spent the majority of the season with an absolute shocker of a manager, Rodgers improved us significantly, over his 10 games in charge we took the 5th most points

Dahnsouff

Supports
Leicester City
Didn't say you are shit, just overrated when so many are better than ManUtd players but somehow it doesn't add up with you see goals scored and conceded.
Wasn`t being grumpy or owt, I would rather you did leave Maddison/Maguire where they are (Don`t think they will leave this season anyway)

Just so we can see how much we can improve with a full season with the squad under Brendan.

Oh - and leave Tielemans to us ok? :)
(Sigh. Post limit hit - go me)

Last edited by a moderator:

reddev3

He looks a million times closer to Pogba in play style than Fernandes does if one or the other were to be his replacement should he leave.

sp_107

He looks a million times closer to Pogba in play style than Fernandes does if one or the other were to be his replacement should he leave.
I keep saying this and he has proved himself in the league, he is a diehard UTD fan and likes to join us as per the reports plus he is only 22.
so everything looks good, Bruno might be a better player but he is an unknown thing in EPL and not sure how he would flair in EPL.

Last season City really struggled against Maddison, Isnt it ?

Ndombele/Tielamans/Maddison midfield is a real improvement. Fast, Agile, Technical.

Off the topic but I would say Brenden Rodgers really knows how to get his players going in attacking setup. Leicester/Everton are his range and good to see he is doing well.

Last edited:

Luke1995

Leicester would be crazy to sell him after just one season. He's their best player by a long distance.

That said, Manchester United probably has the money to buy him.

FirstTouch

I keep saying this and he has proved himself in the league, he is a diehard UTD fan and likes to join us as per the reports plus he is only 22.
so everything looks good, Bruno might be a better player but he is an unknown thing in EPL and not sure how he would flair in EPL.

Last season City really struggled against Maddison, Isnt it ?

Ndombele/Tielamans/Maddison midfield is a real improvement. Fast, Agile, Technical.
I don't believe Fernandez is a better attacking midfielder.

Better long range shot and finisher but Maddison looks much the better incisive passer and dribbler.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Leicester would be crazy to sell him after just one season. He's their best player by a long distance.

That said, Manchester United probably has the money to buy him.
if you think the price for Maguire is high wait until you see what we'd demand for Maddison

hobbers

If you have to give Leicester £80m for one player it would have to be Maddison.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I wouldn't assume that if I were you
You are free to believe whatever you want. He is a united fan and according to reports, he prefers a move to us. It might not happen this year but if our interest is genuine it will happen eventually.

And if a player wants a move, there is nothing you are going to do to stop him.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Why, do you know him?
Does the person claiming he’ll push for the move know him?

There is a difference between wanting the move and causing a fuss to get the deal, I don’t see him kicking off any more than Maguire has

Stacks

Because we spent the majority of the season with an absolute shocker of a manager, Rodgers improved us significantly, over his 10 games in charge we took the 5th most points
New manager bounce.....you should no better. You have been mid table ever since you won the league and even before. That is your actual level. Everything else is delusions of grandeur

GJNJ

How did he play against Romania?
I only half watched the match but he did well with set pieces, had a free kick that went just wide and a nice shot from the edge of the area that was well saved by the keeper. Did give the ball away a few times, one nearly lead to a goal.

Classical Mechanic

I only half watched the match but he did well with set pieces, had a free kick that went just wide and a nice shot from the edge of the area that was well saved by the keeper. Did give the ball away a few times, one nearly lead to a goal.
He had a poor game for him I thought. He's never been great in his limited apps with England u21

Ekeke

He had a poor game for him I thought. He's never been great in his limited apps with England u21
One freekick that was close to going in, 4 key passes, 2 tackles and won the ball most of our midfielders. He had a few poor moments giving the ball away but it certainly wasnt a poor performance. Okay at worst

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Thanks for the feedback

What about Ianis Hagi? He's the son of a legend and I heard alot of good things about him from my Romanian mates. He's also valued at just 8m. If he's half as talented as Gheorghe then he would walk in our midfield with ease.

GJNJ

I think I heard the commentator say they didn't have any warm up matches. Hard to play well if your not used to playing with unfamiliar team mates and systems. I guess tricky to organise with them needing holidays after a long season.

I'd never be to critical of players playing for national teams particularly the U21s, but I certainly seen him play better against a higher standard of opposition.

Classical Mechanic

Thanks for the feedback

What about Ianis Hagi? He's the son of a legend and I heard alot of good things about him from my Romanian mates. He's also valued at just 8m. If he's half as talented as Gheorghe then he would walk in our midfield with ease.
Hagi was good yeaah. Romania spoil and counter and he did his job excellently in that regard. Probably man of the match. Although they have a lad called Puskas (believe it or not), their number 9 who led the line excellently too. Apparently available from Palermo for £5m.

I think I heard the commentator say they didn't have any warm up matches. Hard to play well if your not used to playing with unfamiliar team mates and systems. I guess tricky to organise with them needing holidays after a long season.

I'd never be to critical of players playing for national teams particularly the U21s, but I certainly seen him play better against a higher standard of opposition.
Oh yeah, no doubt. Nearly every player that plays for the 21s under Boothroyd looks a worse player than they do at club level, with perhaps the exception of Foden, Dasilva and Solanke.

GJNJ

Thanks for the feedback

His 2nd goal his dad would have been pleased with, to be honest I didn't watch him closely enough to see how good his all round game was.

Edit romania's 2nd goal

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
His 2nd goal his dad would have been pleased with, to be honest I didn't watch him closely enough to see how good his all round game was.

Edit romania's 2nd goal
Hagi was good yeaah. Romania spoil and counter and he did his job excellently in that regard. Probably man of the match. Although they have a lad called Puskas (believe it or not), their number 9 who led the line excellently too. Apparently available from Palermo for £5m.

Oh yeah, no doubt. Nearly every player that plays for the 21s under Boothroyd looks a worse player than they do at club level, with perhaps the exception of Foden, Dasilva and Solanke.
These were the sort of players I was expected Ole to buy ie young talented and hungry players who would cost 6m-10m. No disrespect towards British talent but while some are truly talented their price tag borders to the ridiculous.

Classical Mechanic

So what is expected of him in these matches? Needs a goal every game?
I want him to score goals, create bigger chances and have more influence on the game overall.

These were the sort of players I was expected Ole to buy ie young talented and hungry players who would cost 6m-10m. No disrespect towards British talent but while some are truly talented their price tag borders to the ridiculous.
I don't know about Hagi but I tend to think Puskas isn't probably that good, hence his availability for such a low price. Hagi might be different because he's playing for a Romanian team. Romania are a team with a plan that they work well. How good those individuals are I don't know.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Pogba is a 10 from the left side. Our most advanced central player behind the striker. The club seems to like McTominay further forward rather than holding
Pogba is not a ten.
Best times have been the left side of a midfield three.

Take away the tip or ten portion of the diamond and what are you left with? A midfield three with Pogba on the left..

Right side can be whoever (perhaps not Fernandes) and McTominay is better deep than further forward.

Ekeke

Pogba is not a ten.
Best times have been the left side of a midfield three.

Take away the tip or ten portion of the diamond and what are you left with? A midfield three with Pogba on the left..

Right side can be whoever (perhaps not Fernandes) and McTominay is better deep than further forward.
Pogba plays further forward than that. He's in an AM position, not a LM position

Status
Not open for further replies.