James Maddison

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by IrishRedDevil, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Aug 8, 2019

Ban Full Member

Better start Ole sack watch.
  2. Aug 8, 2019

devilish Juventus fan who used to support United

I don't want to sound as if I want him out but we all know that he won't be here unless he makes it to top 4. Certainly the club won't take the blame for it which makes Ole the obvious target.
  3. Aug 8, 2019

Ikon Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

Nah, don't think that would be very likely at all unless we have a run like the final 10 games of last season.
  4. Aug 8, 2019

Rob Bowman Full Member

This would burn me.

Woodward signed Jose to a long term deal in Jan of 18. Then Woodward did not support Jose in the 2018 Summer window. We went thru transition this winter with no additions in the Winter window. Now here we are again with little support in this Summer's window.

Clearly at some point Woodward can NOT just blame the manager. He needs to own his (in)action. He is setting them up for failure.
  5. Aug 8, 2019

devilish Juventus fan who used to support United

The narrative is already building up nicely. Its pointless having scouts/DOF since Ole only trust British players who are overpriced + how can anyone say that the club hasn't support him when they brought him the world most expensive CB. Its BS (actually it tells half the story) of course, but rest assured that they will be used.

I've yet to meet owners doing the mea culpa. Sacking managers is cheaper especially rookie idealistic ones.
  6. Aug 9, 2019

Isotope Full Member

Supports:
    Ole Ole Ole
    We don’t know if it’s on Ed or Glazer’s on how much United can spend.

If it’s Glazers, there’s not much Ed, or any new CEO/DOF can do.