James Maddison

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishRedDevil

Within the link above:

'The English Premier League club has also made contact with the representatives of Leicester City playmaker James Maddison as it seeks to rebuild for a season without Champions League football.

While Leicester are understood to value Maddison at around £60m, the 22-year-old is said to hold reservations about the absence of Champions League football and the amount of playing time Ole Gunnar Solskjaer can offer him at Old Trafford. United's move for the attacking midfielder comes as Real Madrid have intensified their efforts to acquire Paul Pogba from the English club. Madrid hope to secure a cash plus player deal for the unsettled Frenchman.'

Bought last summer for £20m and now valued at an estimated £60m. The power of good scouting.

Sp00ks11

Finally a realistic transfer I can get excited about! Hope this comes off.

Edit: I am talking about the title of the thread not the GK who I know nothing about.

Why is he worried about CL when he's never played in it before? You can't miss what you never had.

Ekeke

Within the link above:

'The English Premier League club has also made contact with the representatives of Leicester City playmaker James Maddison as it seeks to rebuild for a season without Champions League football.

While Leicester are understood to value Maddison at around £60m, the 22-year-old is said to hold reservations about the absence of Champions League football and the amount of playing time Ole Gunnar Solskjaer can offer him at Old Trafford. United's move for the attacking midfielder comes as Real Madrid have intensified their efforts to acquire Paul Pogba from the English club. Madrid hope to secure a cash plus player deal for the unsettled Frenchman.'

Bought last summer for £20m and now valued at an estimated £60m. The power of good scouting.
Thats what happens when you create the most chances in a premier league season, whilst playing for a mid table club and at 22 years old

tonnas

great signing if true, pogba maddison and a solid dm will make our cm one of the best

VanGaalyTime

Within the link above:

Exactly. While Maddison would be a decent signing, I can't help but feel we can get a far superior player for that amount of money. There are players moving from France and Germany for the 20 million mark who could make just as big a difference.

Art Vandelay

Why is he worried about CL when he's never played in it before? You can't miss what you never had.
It's just Castles talking shite to put us down for sacking his beloved Mourinho. If he was that worried about CL football why stay at Leicester?

I don't think he's that good, he hasn't looked anything special when I've seen him and I'd be a bit underwhelmed by this if it's true.

LindaChang

I like maddison. Think he is their best player everytime we played against them. He reminds me of young david silva. He is more attainable than bruno fernandes and work as hard as him. I would gladly get maddison instead of bruno.

Andersons Dietician

great signing if true, pogba maddison and a solid dm will make our cm one of the best
The link from castles is if they sell Pogba they will look at Maddison for around 60 mil.

Think he is decent but I think he’ll be more Danny Drinkwater than going on to excell at a big club.

Ekeke

Exactly. While Maddison would be a decent signing, I can't help but feel we can get a far superior player for that amount of money. There are players moving from France and Germany for the 20 million mark who could make just as big a difference.
Well with 100 key passes, Maddison made 14 more than any player in Germany.

Depay actually made 12 more than Maddison, but the French league is clearly weaker. Other than Depay though the next players are 18 less key passes than Maddison

Kimmich, Brand and Kruse all take corners like Maddison does for Leicester. Depay, Savanier and Payet also take corners.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
He’s a grade A cnut. Good player though

Zoo

If the story is from McGarry then it’s worth disregarding. He’s not reliable at all.

Ekeke

Clearly you can. Having just created the most chances in the league he's in a great position to transfer to a team that will play champions league football.

Why wouldnt it be among the concerns a potential target thinks about?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Clearly you can. Having just created the most chances in the league he's in a great position to transfer to a team that will play champions league football.

Because he won't be playing it next year regardless?

What CL team is after him? Only realistic team is Spurs and I doubt they would pay £60mil for him. He needs to be humble he's not too good for EL.

Hawks2008

Leicester don't need to sell, I think he would be hard to get. Not a bad player, got a punchable head on him though.

Ekeke

Arsenal aren't in the CL - Chelsea have a transfer ban.
I dont think that will stop them. They can sign him on loan with a fee to sign permanently if the two clubs want to do a deal

But yes I forgot Arsenal missed out and there wont be more places despite an English club winning the competition. So maybe 2 clubs, Chelsea and Spurs.

I dont think that will stop them. They can sign him on loan with a fee to sign permanently if the two clubs want to do a deal

But yes I forgot Arsenal missed out and there wont be more places despite an English club winning the competition. So maybe 2 clubs, Chelsea and Spurs.
Playing time is also something he mentions, he would Improve them but I doubt he would get the amount of minutes he wants.

Wayne's World

Is there any reliable sources with this? Couldn't be bothered checking through everything

Not sure he's worth anywhere near 60 million but we are pretty stupid as a football club so I wouldn't be surprised

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's a great player, would be happy to have him. Was really impressed with him against City away.

Hughie77

Foxes don't need to sell if there ambitions are high, they keep him, and Maguire? Silly money for them two isn't worth it.

Ekeke

Playing time is also something he mentions, he would Improve them but I doubt he would get the amount of minutes he wants.
From listening to the podcast it sounds like he's just wondering about those things, that doesnt necessarily mean they are deal breakers for him.

They say he's asked his representatives to inquire about whats going to happen with United this summer, whether Ole will be staying 3 years, how much gametime he would get there. He obviously knows United arent in the champions league so why would he want his people to ask these questions if not being in the champions league is a deal breaker? That wouldnt make sense.

Obviously he's hoping to hear encouraging stuff about big things happening over the summer and that he would be playing a lot.

Also later in the podcast they talk about Spurs looking at Maddison as well as Lo Celso. So the same link we have here also links him to Spurs, who would be a champions league team who finished 2nd this time.

So it sounds like he'd prefer to go to Spurs if thats an option, which I doubt many players are going to pass up for us right now unless we offer them higher wages than Spurs do.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Feels like Leicester have a better team than us? Just looked at their squad and it’s scary how many of their players I’d have over ours.

Ekeke

Feels like Leicester have a better team than us? Just looked at their squad and it’s scary how many of their players I’d have over ours.
In terms of potential yes. And of course many of ours underperformed last season

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
That's because you overrate their players and underrate ours, in the end the table doesn't lie and we finished 14 points above them with an injury crisis and a manager melting down in the middle of the season.

I really like Maddison though, silky player.

Status
Not open for further replies.