James Maddison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Pogba plays further forward than that. He's in an AM position, not a LM position
Just because he starts on the left mid position doesn't mean you don't give him licence to roam forward. To claim the players are all out of position, is well, weird. Especially as Pogba lined up at Juve on the left of a Mid three next to Marchisio with Pirlo deep.

I dont know how people can say Pogba is a Left attacking mid when we have lined up with him in a midfield two in a 4231

The front three instead of being LWF, CF, RWF is CF CF, #10.

Not sure how what I've put is odd :houllier:

deafepl

Pogba plays further forward than that. He's in an AM position, not a LM position
He's 8. Even though he's not great defensively but he's still 8, not many players can play that role, for an example, Ozil, James, etc. can not perform that role.

George The Best

Hagi was good yeaah. Romania spoil and counter and he did his job excellently in that regard. Probably man of the match. Although they have a lad called Puskas (believe it or not), their number 9 who led the line excellently too. Apparently available from Palermo for £5m.

Oh yeah, no doubt. Nearly every player that plays for the 21s under Boothroyd looks a worse player than they do at club level, with perhaps the exception of Foden, Dasilva and Solanke.
Think it’s Puscas, but nevertheless, if you want passion in a footballer did you see his reaction to his opening goal (penalty) - went absolutely ballistic with the crowd. Obviously meant a great deal to him. We could do with some of that in our shirts.

Luke1995

if you think the price for Maguire is high wait until you see what we'd demand for Maddison
Either way I would be surprised if he is still at Leicester after the summer of 2020. It's crazy to me that he was still at Norwich as recently as the 17-18 season.

Enjoy watching him there while you can!

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Another season at Leicester will do him good, think it's too early for him to move to top 6 club.

DickDastardly

I like him.

Watching the video made me confused....the number and the blue shirt...sometimes it felt like i was watching Hazard.
Similar body movement, great turns, flick ons....

Don't know the price, but if its reasonable, let's say up to 60M, i'd pay.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I tend to agree. Another season where he is a main man and away from the pressure of a big club would be good for him.
Bit underwhelmed with how he played these two games in under 21 tournament. And you say he struggles to replicate his club form at international level. So suggests he isn't quite mature enough yet to fully prospect with added pressure.

reddevilz007

Bit underwhelmed with how he played these two games in under 21 tournament. And you say he struggles to replicate his club form at international level. So suggests he isn't quite mature enough yet to fully prospect with added pressure.

Got his head turned by our interest?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Got his head turned by our interest?
It's only twitter talk, not anywhere near as advanced as Wan-Bisaaka.

If you were making proper room for a new number 10 I'd suggest Mata wouldn't have been getting a new deal. Also have Lingard of course.....

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
It's only twitter talk, not anywhere near as advanced as Wan-Bisaaka.

If you were making proper room for a new number 10 I'd suggest Mata wouldn't have been getting a new deal. Also have Lingard of course.....
Oh yay jlingz, but he's got movement you know?

Ekeke

He's 8. Even though he's not great defensively but he's still 8, not many players can play that role, for an example, Ozil, James, etc. can not perform that role.
They can when they are the furthest forward central player supporting a striker. Thats their role. We have the same problems we'd have if James or Ozil were playing CM for us.

Ekeke

Just because he starts on the left mid position doesn't mean you don't give him licence to roam forward. To claim the players are all out of position, is well, weird. Especially as Pogba lined up at Juve on the left of a Mid three next to Marchisio with Pirlo deep.

I dont know how people can say Pogba is a Left attacking mid when we have lined up with him in a midfield two in a 4231

The front three instead of being LWF, CF, RWF is CF CF, #10.

Not sure how what I've put is odd :houllier:
Yeah what Pogba did at Juventus and what he does here in a 3 man midfield is very different.

dbs235

Hagi was good yeaah. Romania spoil and counter and he did his job excellently in that regard. Probably man of the match. Although they have a lad called Puskas (believe it or not), their number 9 who led the line excellently too. Apparently available from Palermo for £5m.
Stats aren't everything of course but Puscas is a 23 year old striker who's never scored more than 9 goals in a season in Serie B. But I've heard quite a bit of hype around him for this tournament.

Ekeke

I want him to score goals, create bigger chances and have more influence on the game overall.

I don't know about Hagi but I tend to think Puskas isn't probably that good, hence his availability for such a low price. Hagi might be different because he's playing for a Romanian team. Romania are a team with a plan that they work well. How good those individuals are I don't know.
He had the most touches of any player on the pitch so he was obviously influential, 2nd most chances created on the pitch so he was creative and England could easily have converted one of them, joint 4th most dribbles. He also made the joint 3rd most tackles of the England team behind Gray and Clarke-Salter. He also had a couple of loose touches that lost the ball and he had 6 shots but 1 was on target. 1 was a nice freekick that whistled past the post.

So he could have done better with getting shots on target, and giving the ball away a bit less but other than that he was fairly good. An okay performance.

I see you're praising Hagi, but Hagi barely got on the ball. In every way he was worse than Maddison other than getting his shots on target and one of them going into the back of the net. Less he was less involved with only a few passes (14) and only 30 touches (9th most of the Romanian team) less chances created, less dribbles and despite Romania doing a good job pressing and forcing errors, he won the ball the same 2 times Maddison did.

Judas

Open to offers
If we leave him for another season, his price will go up and we'll just be back of the queue to get him next summer. So that'll probably be what we'll do.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
If our scouts were really top of the range or Ed wasn’t bypassing them we’d have been bringing JM in a season ago and blooding him during games this year... and he’d be one of our best players now. He’s not worth the huge fee now though given the risk. Saying that We also clearly need to take some risks. Leicester are currently scouting far better than us, we just get to keep our best players for longer and we pay 3 times the wages for the pleasure. Ndidi, Maguire, tielemans, Maddison and Vardy all get into our first team, Kante would have been am amazing signing. Chillwel would be a great squad option and would push shaw. For the wages of Sanchez and pogba we could have had all those players if we were smart. If we pay the most money then have the most cutting edge infrastructure in place before we even sign another player. We suck!

Last edited:

Judas

Open to offers
If our scouts were really top of the range or Ed wasn’t bypassing them we’d have been bringing JM in a season ago and blooding him during games this year... and he’d be one of our best players now. He’s not worth the huge fee now though given the risk. Saying that We also clearly need to take some risks. Leicester are currently scouting far better than us, we just get to keep our best players for longer and we pay 3 times the wages for the pleasure. Ndidi, Maguire, tielemans, Maddison and Vardy all get into our first team, Kante would have been am amazing signing. Chillwel would be a great squad option and would push shaw. For the wages of Sanchez and pogba we could have had all those players if we were smart. If we pay the most money then have the most cutting edge infrastructure in place before we even sign another player. We suck!
Explain the risk? Yeah it might not go well, but you can say that for any player we were to sign.

In Rainbows

If you want that kind of player, pay up for Rayan Cherki. Kid looks more talented than Maddison. Cherki has the technical ability of Brazilian Ronaldo. Time will tell if he becomes good as he's only 15 (maybe 16 now), but if you're looking for that kind of player he fits the bill. That or check on Unuvar.

AKDevil

I don’t see James Maddison getting infront of him for England. How many caps n goals Maddison got?
Lingard
I don’t see James Maddison getting infront of him for England. How many caps n goals Maddison got?
Lingard and Alli will be out of the England team in a year and perhaps out of the squad. Loftus-Cheek, Foden and Maddison will help squeeze them out.

Classical Mechanic

He had the most touches of any player on the pitch so he was obviously influential, 2nd most chances created on the pitch so he was creative and England could easily have converted one of them, joint 4th most dribbles. He also made the joint 3rd most tackles of the England team behind Gray and Clarke-Salter. He also had a couple of loose touches that lost the ball and he had 6 shots but 1 was on target. 1 was a nice freekick that whistled past the post.

So he could have done better with getting shots on target, and giving the ball away a bit less but other than that he was fairly good. An okay performance.

I see you're praising Hagi, but Hagi barely got on the ball. In every way he was worse than Maddison other than getting his shots on target and one of them going into the back of the net. Less he was less involved with only a few passes (14) and only 30 touches (9th most of the Romanian team) less chances created, less dribbles and despite Romania doing a good job pressing and forcing errors, he won the ball the same 2 times Maddison did.
At the end of the day games are won by scoring more than your opponent. It's about being decisive. If a player touches the ball 3 times and scores a hat trick then he's had a better game than a player that has touched the ball 100 times and created 10 half chances from crosses.

Hagi did his job, within the framework of his teams style, better than Maddison did.

Ekeke

And what he does for France are different. You set a system a player plays in it.
Right. But we arent France in a couple of week tournament.

We're Manchester United playing Pogba in a 3 man midfield where he starts from an 8 but drives forward into a 10 role and slowly gets back to position

Ekeke

At the end of the day games are won by scoring more than your opponent. It's about being decisive. If a player touches the ball 3 times and scores a hat trick then he's had a better game than a player that has touched the ball 100 times and created 10 half chances from crosses.

Hagi did his job, within the framework of his teams style, better than Maddison did.
He scored. Thats about it. Took his goal well

You wanted more influence from Maddison but he had the most of the ball out of all players on the pitch, doesnt get more influential than that. 1 out of 6 shots on target is where he came up short, and losing the ball a few times

Classical Mechanic

He scored. Thats about it. Took his goal well

You wanted more influence from Maddison but he had the most of the ball out of all players on the pitch, doesnt get more influential than that. 1 out of 6 shots on target is where he came up short, and losing the ball a few times
I don't think you are appreciating Romania game plan in the assessment. The sit in and allow soft possession and look to counter. That Maddison had so many touches is more indicative of that game plan than his overall influence in the game.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Lingard

Lingard and Alli will be out of the England team in a year and perhaps out of the squad. Loftus-Cheek, Foden and Maddison will help squeeze them out.
Might be out of the Spurs team too.

Ekeke

I don't think you are appreciating Romania game plan in the assessment. The sit in and allow soft possession and look to counter. That Maddison had so many touches is more indicative of that game plan than his overall influence in the game.
No Romania were pressing high up trying to win the ball in advanced areas, which led to the Hagi goal. They tried to make it difficult in midfield

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Explain the risk? Yeah it might not go well, but you can say that for any player we were to sign.
I’m just afraid he’ll end up another super hyped English player who I n that case will end up being a squad player here in a few years which is cool but not for 70 million... get them in earlier. Way more upside to that. I like him and I think he’s a good player but nobody knows his ceiling. I don’t currently trust our scouts either cause they would have spotted him 2 years ago as a squad talent if they were any good.

Litch

Another one of those signings that previously with a settled winning Utd side with experienced pros would come under the 'one for next season' but we'll get him now. Sadly anyone that comes now with be expected to contribute right away.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
We need to get that gobshite Pogba out the door and get this lad in. Make a tidy profit and lose the ego.
I don’t think Maddison is the player you sign if you want to lose ego.

dev1l

We need to get that gobshite Pogba out the door and get this lad in. Make a tidy profit and lose the ego.
Imo, Ole would be far more reluctant
Imo OGS would be much more willing to part with Pogba than Woody. The reason is that Pogba contributes to the team more than anyone else from a commercial perspective. When Woody meets sponsors, having someone like Pogba in the team, makes it easier to sell sponsorships.
Imo on the pitch even if he looks the best player we have, he looks better than he actually is. The team is build in a way to play for him.

Robbie Boy

Does the person claiming he’ll push for the move know him?

There is a difference between wanting the move and causing a fuss to get the deal, I don’t see him kicking off any more than Maguire has
Just your reply seemed very certain. I wouldn’t worry I seriously doubt we’re interested we are linked with anyone and everyone.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
There's no comparison. Pogba has convinced himself he's a lot better than he is. We should sell and get every penny we can for him.
Yeah, there is. Maybe you should look up Maddison and see what people have to say about his character.

Status
Not open for further replies.