James Maddison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
The English Isco, but will be a better player. Has a few of the same selfish traits though.

OneUnited24

Not entirely sure he’s what we need. Another player who’s end product is inconsistent and will cost a arm and a leg. We need proven attackers.

Regardless I won’t believe anything until a internet ITK tweets/posts about it.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Not entirely sure he’s what we need. Another player who’s end product is inconsistent and will cost a arm and a leg. We need proven attackers.

Regardless I won’t believe anything until a internet ITK tweets/posts about it.
Most chances created is inconsistent?

Leicester_Loyal

Supports
Leicester
Which is almost all based on one incident when he was a teenager on loan at Aberdeen
There are various incidents that have occurred as to why people have a bad opinion of Maddision, most noteably a few weeks ago back in Norwich. He seems to have matured since coming here, but like any young lad he likes to enjoy himself, but he believes he's better than us mere mortals. A lot of Leicester fans took a while to take to Maddision and he is slowly winning the majority of them over.

On the pitch he's a very good player, last season was his first in the prem and he did well (especially with us being so poor under Puel). He'd end up costing you about 50 million though, so I highly doubt you'll purchase him.

Reincarnated

Story that came out seems to be false...that he met with Ole to find out how he will fit in the structure at Man utd.

RedRover

Story that came out seems to be false...that he met with Ole to find out how he will fit in the structure at Man utd.
That'd be tapping up, unless Leicester gave permission - which without a fee being agreed they wouldn't, for obvious reasons. Ridiculous story.

Ekeke

Is Maddison a number 10?
Mainly. Also played coming off the left at the start of the season for Leicester. And then 2nd half of the season he played in a 3 man midfield as the most advanced player, pretty much the Pogba role with very little defensive responsibility

Sparky Rhiwabon

Mainly. Also played coming off the left at the start of the season for Leicester. And then 2nd half of the season he played in a 3 man midfield as the most advanced player, pretty much the Pogba role with very little defensive responsibility
He played quite a bit deeper in the second half of the season, more of a creative / pulling the strings role. Meant less goals and assists than earlier in the season though.

norse

They also responded to someone in the comments who said it’s no news anywhere else, and said "that’s correct, just wait and see".

Reactions: golden_blunder

Fer

How much do you rate Maddison compared with Havertz, Eriksen and Fernandes? Do you think he is better than any of them?

davidmichael

He played quite a bit deeper in the second half of the season, more of a creative / pulling the strings role. Meant less goals and assists than earlier in the season though.
As in a deep lying playmaker role ? As that’s exactly the type of player we need and have done since Scholes and Carrick retired, we’d need an out and out defensive midfielder though if Maddison and Pogba or a Pogba replacement were in the same starting 11 together.

DancingPanda

They also responded to someone in the comments who said it’s no news anywhere else, and said "that’s correct, just wait and see".
Hmm, why would they post that without actually knowing something?

I hope it's true.

Sparky Rhiwabon

As in a deep lying playmaker role ? As that’s exactly the type of player we need and have done since Scholes and Carrick retired, we’d need an out and out defensive midfielder though if Maddison and Pogba or a Pogba replacement were in the same starting 11 together.
Yes, I'd say so.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Thats when he was playing the Pogba role.
I don't think it was quite the same role. From what I saw of Maddison (second half of season) he didn't really "rampage forward" much like Pogba does, more creating and then trusting the forwards to do their thing, whereas Pogba seems to want to be the one doing it all himself.

deafepl

Remember Andre Herrera used to be attacking midfield when we signed him? I was wondering if James Maddison has sort of work rate like Herrera.

Ekeke

I don't think it was quite the same role. From what I saw of Maddison (second half of season) he didn't really "rampage forward" much like Pogba does, more creating and then trusting the forwards to do their thing, whereas Pogba seems to want to be the one doing it all himself.
Maddison was in pretty much the same positions based on his average position maps

FujiVice

I hope we get him. Looks a cultured player. You get a sense we'll regret this one if we dont get him now.

davidmichael

Yes, I'd say so.
Interesting, I wonder if Ole sees Maddison in a deep lying playmaker role dictating tempo and creating whilst allowing Pogba to do his thing further forward ? It would definitely help us creatively as I’m sure I’ve read in a few places Maddison creating more than anyone else in the league last season, could really spark our attack off from deep and quicken the pace too.

Ekeke

Interesting, I wonder if Ole sees Maddison in a deep lying playmaker role dictating tempo and creating whilst allowing Pogba to do his thing further forward ? It would definitely help us creatively as I’m sure I’ve read in a few places Maddison creating more than anyone else in the league last season, could really spark our attack off from deep and quicken the pace too.
Yeah, he didnt play that role. Tielemens played a bit deeper than Maddison most of the time, he was the one getting on the ball more, playing more passes overall and from deeper with Maddison receiving the ball on the half turn in space further up the pitch

sherrinford

Maddison is a no.10. Pogba is the one you would have in a deeper role if they were in the same team.

Jeffthered

I hope we get him. Looks a cultured player. You get a sense we'll regret this one if we dont get him now.
Disagree. He's OK, but I don't think he's anything special at all.

How many midfielders in the Under 21s (tournament) have we seen who are at least as good or even better than him? Thing is those players do not receive the same hype.

Over-rated, and will be overpriced. And will not improve us that much, if at all

Save the money, scout around. There's no urgency to purchase Maddison.

Status
Not open for further replies.