James Milner calls United f****** w******

Superunknown

Who gives a feck. Good on him. If one of our players did it then we’d be calling them a legend etc
We're not smalltime enough to give a feck what City, Liverpool, etc are doing. (talking about the context of lifting trophies)

Can7onA

I was in a pub a few years back watching England and the whole pub was singing if "If Milner can play for England so can I"

Think on that James.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Who gives a feck. Good on him. If one of our players did it then we’d be calling them a legend etc
If one of our players called United "f****** w******" you'd be calling them a legend?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
When Fergie talked about knocking Liverpool off their perch was he “obsessed” too?
That was an answer to a journalist putting an Alan Hansen quote to him though. As far as I remember Fergie never celebrated lifting any trophy by making reference to any other club.

Evans999

He's played for Liverpool, City and Leeds and still I have no feeling of enmity towards him. Such an insignificant player.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
We're not smalltime enough to give a feck what City, Liverpool, etc are doing. (talking about the context of lifting trophies)
Patrice Evra took the piss out of Luis Suarez by biting that fake hand after the game when it was confirmed we had won the league. Shouldn't he have just not given a feck and just celebrated with the team, instead of mocking a Liverpool player?

Wayne Rooney shaved a number 19 into his chest when we won the league in 10/11. He didn't do it for the 18th or the 20th one. He did it for the one which overtook Liverpool. Probably not just a coincidence.

I'd highly doubt United players don't and haven't talked about our rivals in a similar manner in the same circumstances.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Didn't Rooney get banned for apparently swearing on camera, what sort of ban can we expect the boring cnut to receive?
I don't remember any other player ever getting a similar ban to the one Rooney got - including players who swear in post-trophy win interviews direct to camera; I'm sure I remember that happening with City players that same season when they lifted the FA Cup, and of course nothing happened.

Regarding Milner, we all knew how he felt about United anyway given his past, but I'm surprised to hear him express it at that exact moment - seems very strange, but I guess speaks to the character of the man.

Swearing Budgie

I love it when a player shows the same rivalry as the fans. Have we got any players who can't stand Liverpool or City these days? Seems like most players are mates.

Wayne's World

I wish some of our players had the same passion for hating Liverpool then Milner does for us

Can't stand him but he played for our three biggest rivals, he's hardly going to like us

Smithy89

He's from Leeds and played for city and Liverpool. What do you want him to say about us :lol:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Patrice Evra took the piss out of Luis Suarez by biting that fake hand after the game when it was confirmed we had won the league. Shouldn't he have just not given a feck and just celebrated with the team, instead of mocking a Liverpool player?

Wayne Rooney shaved a number 19 into his chest when we won the league in 10/11. He didn't do it for the 18th or the 20th one. He did it for the one which overtook Liverpool. Probably not just a coincidence.

I'd highly doubt United players don't and haven't talked about our rivals in a similar manner in the same circumstances.
Agree with this.

Can7onA

Also, to be fair to him, I've called our players fecking wankers on more than one occasion.

Superunknown

I don't know/remember the Evra incident, but was that before or after the racism incident with Suarez? Can't remember, but that has the extra layer due to the history between the two players. The Rooney thing was idiotic. Still, there's a difference between doing those things in those moments and slagging off your rivals when you're literally in the process of lifting the trophy. I'm fine with us having rivalries with other teams/players and them having it with us, but it seems a bit weird to me when you're about to lift the trophy to mention a rival team. You wouldn't ring up your ex-wife to gloat when you're halfway down the aisle, for example.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I don't know/remember the Evra incident, but was that before or after the racism incident with Suarez? Can't remember, but that has the extra layer due to the history between the two players. The Rooney thing was idiotic. Still, there's a difference between doing those things in those moments and slagging off your rivals when you're literally in the process of lifting the trophy. I'm fine with us having rivalries with other teams/players and them having it with us, but it seems a bit weird to me when you're about to lift the trophy to mention a rival team. You wouldn't ring up your ex-wife to gloat when you're halfway down the aisle, for example.
Theres not really much difference. They are both acts of goading another team or player during a time of triumph, regardless of any history between Evra and Suarez.

When the team lifted #19 to overtake Liverpool in 10/11, do you really think not a single player mentioned Liverpool during that occasion? I'm doubtful.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
A Leeds fan - who played for Leeds, City and Liverpool - calling United 'fecking wankers' is "obsession"?

You're supposed to hate your rivals, aren't you?
Yes certainly, and when your lifting the trophies you’ve won, don’t enjoy the moment, still just think of your hate for your rivals

The Original

The Original

So you were a Liverpool fan as a child? :lol:
Funny but that is close to the truth. I didn't like football as a child...but then in my first few years of watching football around ages 14-16 I supported both Utd and Liverpool and Arsenal to a lesser extent...I hadn't quite caught on to the rivalry.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I'm sure he still enjoyed the moment, and I doubt his one off-the-cuff remark that lasted a couple of seconds really impeded on it at all.
True, but the fact is that Man Utd were in his head when he was having a supposed great party time.
That’s different to hating them and knocking off perch comments in interviews anyone wants to compare it to

OverratedOpinion

Evra was a bit petty about the dickhead who racially abused him? Weird that.

Superunknown

Theres not really much difference. They are both acts of goading another team or player during a time of triumph, regardless of any history between Evra and Suarez.

When the team lifted #19 to overtake Liverpool in 10/11, do you really think not a single player mentioned Liverpool during that occasion? I'm doubtful.
We'll have to agree to disagree, because I do think there is a difference. I fully expect United players to comment on Liverpool and vice versa, on the training ground, on the field, in their living rooms, etc. Would I imagine them commenting on them when we've lifted trophies in the past? Tbh, no, I wouldn't. Even for number 19. If they have, well, that's smallminded of that individual player/person. When you lift a trophy, you should be celebrating the success of your team and the achievements that you have made.

led_scholes

No big deal for me. Its probably the least offensive bad thing to say anyway. Its not like he said rags or, even worse, did a Munich reference.

However, I don't see the similarities with the Rooney chest hair thing or Evra's prank.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
True, but the fact is that Man Utd were in his head when he was having a supposed great party time.
That’s different to hating them and knocking off perch comments in interviews anyone wants to compare it to
He made one joke about a red ribbon, and it's being branded as obsession.

It's not obsession. It's nothing.