James Milner calls United f****** w******

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
He made one joke about a red ribbon, and it's being branded as obsession.

It's not obsession. It's nothing.
Was he thinking about Man Utd as he was about to lift the trophy?
I think yes, I think that’s just a slight bit of obsession. I’m not saying it’s wrong as he clearly hates us but it’s obsession and quite funny

Squeaky Bumtime

Funny but that is close to the truth. I didn't like football as a child...but then in my first few years of watching football around ages 14-16 I supported both Utd and Liverpool and Arsenal to a lesser extent...I hadn't quite caught on to the rivalry.
No love for Chelsea?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Funny but that is close to the truth. I didn't like football as a child...but then in my first few years of watching football around ages 14-16 I supported both Utd and Liverpool and Arsenal to a lesser extent...I hadn't quite caught on to the rivalry.
I hope you took a bath when you caught on

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Evra was a bit petty about the dickhead who racially abused him? Weird that.
I don't even think it was petty. It was funny. I'm glad he did it, and it seemed to be widely regarded as funny by United fans. But it's the same thing. He goaded Liverpool when we had just been confirmed as Champions. Milner calls us wankers in reference to a red ribbon when they're standing around waiting to lift a trophy.

Neither are acts of obsession.

Squeaky Bumtime

You're wrong. I was 14 in 2004...I just enjoyed football for the sake of it and found my way to Utd. Hated Chelsea with a passion for that matter.
Do you still have a soft spot for Liverpool? Dont think of this as a malicious question, I'm just wondering.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I don't even think it was petty. It was funny. I'm glad he did it, and it seemed to be widely regarded as funny by United fans. But it's the same thing. He goaded Liverpool when we had just been confirmed as Champions. Milner calls us wankers in reference to a red ribbon when they're standing around waiting to lift a trophy.

He sees the red ribbon and thinks man Utd. That’s good enough for me :)

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Was he thinking about Man Utd as he was about to lift the trophy?
I think yes, I think that’s just a slight bit of obsession. I’m not saying it’s wrong as he clearly hates us but it’s obsession and quite funny
Because he made 1 joke a few minutes before, about the colour of a ribbon? I think that's a bit of a stretch.

And I think it would need to be much more habitual for it to be obsession.

The Original

Charles Miller

I'm sorry, my english is not so good. Could some of you post what he said - with all the letters?

vanderpants

The only problem I have with this is the fact if it was a Utd player saying F&%^(*$ W!@%*)£ they would be in front of the FA and plastered on sky sports news etc

I think the other Liverpool players look a bit perplexed that he's talking about United....

I've nothing against Milner. He's made the most of a limited skill set by working hard, amazing achievement for him to have winners medals at City and Liverpool but a but part in both sqauds really and in 10 years I doubt anyone will remember who he is.

OverratedOpinion

I think you are missing the point that people are making about that incident. Evra had a good reason to do that towards that specific player, meaning that it wasn't based in blind hatred for Liverpool. No player from United has ever racially abused James Milner as far as I know.

The example is a poor one. Given I think the sum total of my thoughts on James Milner and anything he does are "mhm" so he can do whatever makes him happy. It was just a bad example.

mu4c_20le

Who gives a feck. Good on him. If one of our players did it then we’d be calling them a legend etc
Yeah, saw this earlier and reminded me of when Fletcher and brown sung songs about the vermin when we won

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
I dunno, it's not that big a deal, our crowd used to sing about knocking them off their perch while we were winning titles. I just want us to be good again so we can lift it and shut him up.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
How the feck has James Milner got those title medals? He's the definition of the hard working journeyman.

RyRy11

I’d sit out players down and make them watch that, hopefully it will ignite a bit of passion for this weekend.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
This feels like he's paying homage to the sheer domination we subjugated the league to during the Fergie years.

poleglass red

How the feck has James Milner got those title medals? He's the definition of the hard working journeyman.
in fairness to him, all top teams have them. Not the most talented player but works hard and has clearly looked after himself. There's a few of our players could do with taking a look at him.

GenZRed

A Leeds fan - who played for Leeds, City and Liverpool - calling United 'fecking wankers' is "obsession"?

You're supposed to hate your rivals, aren't you?
If you've got the mental age of someone under the age of 14, yes.

Or if you are playing your rivals and it is meant in a banters way. Still mentioning them out of the blue is a bit random.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
I hope this finally stops the booing Milner is subjected to when he returns to the Etihad