James Rodriguez | Al Rayyan Giggs Player

jackal&hyde

Feels like yesterday he was the best thing ever and now he is at Everton.

AjaxNL

I feel like he is massively going to flop. I have very strong doubts with his intrinsic motivation to play for Everton.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
His hair looks spraypainted on, like Superman.

He's been a bit crap for a couple of years, hasn't he? Looking on transfermarkt, he barely played last year, and didn't seem to be injured for much of that time.
No, he is good when he plays. At least he was for Bayern but Zidane doesn't want him.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
The hype machines greatest invention ever. Finally landing at his true level.

Ok, maybe thats a bit harsh. I think is a good move for him to secure a starting xi position and get regular football for once

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Can't deny, wanted him here many years ago when United were lacking heavily creative outlets. Interesting to see how he'll cope with the Premier League, especially after criticism during his years in Spain and Germany.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
It's certainly a head-turning signing. Everton aren't pissing about this summer and are clearly backing Carlo. The question marks over James are there for all to see but it could be a move that really works out if James has the hunger to prove himself in a new league.

RooneyLegend

Will only worry about Everton once they find him a playmaking partner. If he stays fit, he'll have a great season.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Will be interesting seeing him in the PL and I have no doubt every good game this thread will be bumped saying we should have signed him while all the bad performances will be ignored because ya know he plays for Everton

I think he'll be pretty average for them, like Andre Gomes has been

Ibi Dreams

I imagine he'll be like he's always been (in my mind at least) - some incredible moments where he looks world class and a lot of nothing.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Actually think it's the right sort of move for him, needs to be the main man at a club where all the attacking play gets through him rather than a spare part at Madrid or Bayern Munich.

Think Italy would've been the ideal league for him.

Blackwidow

I actually will watch Everton games this season - just because of James.

He was great in 17/18 as a no. 8 at Bayern (after Carlo left and Jupp came in).

SambaBoy

Came through at the wrong time just as the number 10's were getting phased out. A supremely talented player and at the start of the decade would've been a guaranteed starter for the top clubs. Was very highly rated coming through at Porto, made a strange move to Monaco where his career slightly stagnated but then the World Cup came and he was brilliant which led to the move to Madrid, started well there but became inconsistent, injured, partying too much and Zidane couldn't find a position for him in the system. Didn't really have the pressing game or defensive instincts to play as an 8 or the pace to play as a winger in a 4-3-3.

Jerzol78

Not a bad player, but I think some people will realize now how slow and one-legged he is. The latter being a bigger problem if he plays centrally. Opponents will soon learn to exploit that weakness, as it had been when he played in Bayern.

Mr Smith

I've always thought he is severely underrated. I think he will shine in the PL and prove a lot of doubters wrong.

Demyanenko_square_jaw

He's a player i've very rarely seen play bad, but just seems around at the wrong time for current tactical trends and often struggling to fit into the system the big clubs he's been at use. I hope he does well, though at nearly 30 and with a lot of recent time on the bench it isn't exactly ideal circumstances for a move to a new league and team that will be expecting him as the star player very quickly.

SAFMUTD

I think Everton is about James' level, he's a flashy player that will get a beauty now and then but overall he's not consistent enough to be a nailed player on a top team.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Fairly safe bet for goal of the season I would say.

Welbeckham

Great debut. With him, Allan, Gomes and Doucoure, Everton actually has a really good midfield now. Their bench is still a bit rubbish, but if the first XI stays fit, they look quite promising.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Brilliant debut and player. The severe underrating of this transfer here :lol:

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Great debut. With him, Allan, Gomes and Doucoure, Everton actually has a really good midfield now. Their bench is still a bit rubbish, but if the first XI stays fit, they look quite promising.
Thats what happens when a mind like Ancelotti make singning instead of splashing 70M on Iwobi and Kean. Director of Footballs are massively overrated..

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Brilliant debut and player. The severe underrating of this transfer here :lol:
Its still early. He played but like I said in the other thread, lets see how he does when the weather changes.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Thats what happens when a mind like Ancelotti make singning instead of splashing 70M on Iwobi and Kean. Director of Footballs are massively overrated..
Absolutely. I sometimes think clubs pay certain people money just to feel like they are being more modern. Everton have wasted so much money over the years. Having Ancelotti there is worth it just to get this profile of player.

I think he will have a great season, and it’s sad that he has wasted so much of his career up to this stage. He could have been a great for the right club.

IAmAWinner

Ancelotti is the perfect manager for him. Class player, always has been.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Always thought he's a player of great moments rather than a consistently great player. Pretty good start but let's how he performs week in week out. I liked the look of Everton today.

marktan

He reminds me of a bulkier Mata. Great passing. If only he could run and dribble he'd be a top player. He's a goood addition to Everton but I'm glad he's not with us.