James Rodriguez | Al Rayyan Giggs Player

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich
Everton got James on a free transfer.

"After the news of James Rodriguez's transfer from Real Madrid to Everton, and in accordance with the current FIFA regulations, Club Atlético Banfield made the pertinent inquiries to find out if it was appropriate to charge him money by way of a solidarity mechanism.

In spite of journalistic versions that indicated that the pass had a cost, a situation in which Banfield was going to be benefited with a percentage of that sum for having contributed to the formation of the player, this was not the case.

"Unfortunately, James Rodriguez's pass from Real Madrid to Everton does not earn Banfield any money. The transaction was done without cost, as if he were a free player. The relevant consultations have already been made to the two clubs involved and the corresponding bodies. In all the cases they confirmed us that the club will not receive money by mechanism of solidarity", indicated the Treasurer of our institution, Ignacio Uzquiza."

https://clubabanfield.org/inicio/pase-de-james-rodriguez-banfield-no-recibira-dinero/

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich
Signed for more than 60 million, released on a free at age 29.

That's a Torres level "yikes" in terms of money.
According to media reports we would have paid the release-clause but he told us not to, because Munich was too cold and he wanted to return to Madrid. :lol:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
If it is a free transfer it's an amazing bit of business. Even if he turns out really shit the marketing value for the club and buzz for players and fans is priceless.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
According to media reports we would have paid the release-clause but he told us not to, because Munich was too cold and he wanted to return to Madrid. :lol:
BS. it is a change of coach in Bayern made him not wanting to stay in Munich. I am sure if Heynckes was still the manager he will stay there. Kovac didn't fancy him despite he played extremely well for Heynckes the year before. Even Muller suffered under Koavc.

Amarsdd

Everton got James on a free transfer.

"After the news of James Rodriguez's transfer from Real Madrid to Everton, and in accordance with the current FIFA regulations, Club Atlético Banfield made the pertinent inquiries to find out if it was appropriate to charge him money by way of a solidarity mechanism.

In spite of journalistic versions that indicated that the pass had a cost, a situation in which Banfield was going to be benefited with a percentage of that sum for having contributed to the formation of the player, this was not the case.

"Unfortunately, James Rodriguez's pass from Real Madrid to Everton does not earn Banfield any money. The transaction was done without cost, as if he were a free player. The relevant consultations have already been made to the two clubs involved and the corresponding bodies. In all the cases they confirmed us that the club will not receive money by mechanism of solidarity", indicated the Treasurer of our institution, Ignacio Uzquiza."

https://clubabanfield.org/inicio/pase-de-james-rodriguez-banfield-no-recibira-dinero/
Sounds super shady. No way Real Madrid would give James Rodriguez to Everton for free.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
I guess the allure of playing under a manager he knows and will set up the team to maximise his talents. Not sure about all the weather stuff as it’s not like the north west of England will provide him any respite, but maybe he’s had a change of heart in the last year and has decided to take his career seriously.

In any case Everton fans have a player that on his day is absolutely fantastic to watch.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Sounds super shady. No way Real Madrid would give James Rodriguez to Everton for free.
Not that shady no. How much did we get for Alexis Sanchez? Nothing.

3 years ago he was loaned to Bayern with the option to buy for 30m euros. Clearly Real wanted him off the books and like us with Sanchez did not fall prey to the sunken cost fallacy.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
According to Cafe experts, he would have rotten at Madrid bench if Everton hadn't come. He is mentally weak, physically not ready to play here and would be a huge flop.

What a signing for Everton. I would repeat, shows what an established manager can do.

izec

If that's true, how the hell did Everton pull this off without competition!?
Nobody wanted him from an established league, same with Bale. Ancelotti wanted him. Quite easy to see how they managed to do it. Question is why no better club wanted him. Real were desperate to get rid of him and Bale, so good deals were possible, even for us.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Nobody wanted him from an established league, same with Bale. Ancelotti wanted him. Quite easy to see how they managed to do it. Question is why no better club wanted him.
That's what I mean... As a free transfer you'd have thought a whole host of clubs would be in for him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
According to Cafe experts, he would have rotten at Madrid bench if Everton hadn't come. He is mentally weak, physically not ready to play here and would be a huge flop.

What a signing for Everton. I would repeat, shows what an established manager can do.
Let’s see what happens when the sun stops shining first before getting all high and mighty :lol:

Another dig at OGS?

Managers bring in players that they have managed before - shocker!

izec

That's what I mean... As a free transfer you'd have thought a whole host of clubs would be in for him.
Realistically, only Atletico was an option. I would rather go to Ancelotti than Simeone as James Rodriguez.

I don't see the host of clubs that would buy him, seeing as there is a clear shift from top clubs to go for younger and hungrier players. I think most clubs were put off by his attitude rumours. And he is not going to sit on the bench.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Let's see how he gets on in the deep dark depths of Winter when it's dark and rainy for months on end, need judge him over the whole season, all well and good playing against championship level opposition in the September sunshine. James is a class player of course, doubt this transfer will work long term. Utd fans will no doubt recall Di Maria looked decent at first as well...

He would have suited top 6 Serie A or top 6 challenging La Liga side much better, none of them can afford his wages though, hence the Everton move.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Let's see how he gets on in the deep dark depths of Winter when it's dark and rainy for months on end, need judge him over the whole season, all well and good playing against championship level opposition in the September sunshine. James is a class player of course, doubt this transfer will work long term. Utd fans will no doubt recall Di Maria looked decent at first as well...

He would have suited top 6 Serie A or top 6 challenging La Liga side much better, none of them can afford his wages though, hence the Everton move.
Everton wouldn't care if he has some bad games. He will make sure they get the points against the lower sides which they severely lacked last couple of years.

M Bison

Supports
York City

what does the bold part mean?

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Let’s see what happens when the sun stops shining first before getting all high and mighty :lol:
Yeah I remember Deco had a similar electric start for us at a similar age.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Started fantastically well, obviously. Lets see how he does during the course of the whole season.

izec

His left foot is that good, i think he will be able to spray killer passes and shoot with the age of 50 easily.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
His talent has never been in question. Fitness is the biggest concern. If he stays injury free he’ll have a fantastic season for Everton.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
What a player. I was surprised by so many people calling James past it and overrated when Everton signed him.

macheda14

If he had a name like Jamesinho everyone would rate him so much more. Classic caf not being able to see past English names.

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
Goal
3rd foot on goal
Assist.
Got player sent off.

Looks like a great signing for Everton.