James Rodriguez | Al Rayyan Giggs Player

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
He is an Ego guy. When the love fades so will he. Everton will achieve 6th/7th or less.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I'll tell you one thing, this guy has an insanely large fanbase. Not sure I've seen anything like it.
Yes, colombians love him and although it is a very Madridista country, I think that James has caused them to experience recent successes with a certain bittersweet feeling. I'm glad he is doing well

Sylar

First game back
Will judge him over more than a short period tbh

Nero

Performances decreasing with the temperature. Predictable.

RashyForPM

I thought he wasn’t that bad :wenger: Good ball retention, good usage of width, spreading the ball out to the left perfectly as usual.

Having said that, I said at 0-0 I wouldn’t swap him even at his peak for Bruno at all, and this is why. Bruno is a big game player with an extremely strong mentality who can always dig you out of a rut. Not sure if Hamez can.

JSArsenal

I thought he wasn’t that bad :wenger: Good ball retention, good usage of width, spreading the ball out to the left perfectly as usual.

Having said that, I said at 0-0 I wouldn’t swap him even at his peak for Bruno at all, and this is why. Bruno is a big game player with an extremely strong mentality who can always dig you out of a rut. Not sure if Hamez can.
Didn't he (James) score a fair few goals at the World Cup? If those don't qualify as big games I'm not sure what does. He's also scored in El Clasico.

RashyForPM

Didn't he (James) score a fair few goals at the World Cup? If those don't qualify as big games I'm not sure what does. He's also scored in El Clasico.
I was praising Bruno, not saying James isn’t. What I said Hamez couldn’t do was consistently literally save his team like Bruno has done for us. Tbf to him, not many players can.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
TBF, the hardest left back he has played against this year was Joe Allan and he's more often than not culpable for alot of Liverpool goals as he wanders up the pitch.

Luke Shaw has been hitting good form and is arguably one of if not the top left backs in the league when on it.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I was very happy when he was subbed out, he is superb player with ability to create chances or score ridiculous goals at any moment. We did really well restricting him.

thepolice123

Honestly what does he do other than take the ball and play the lofted pass to the left?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Wouldn’t be like the caf to bump the thread in a players first game back from injury.

We need to change something with him though, whether that is moving him into the middle or setting up a midfielder to cover for him on the right.

He doesn’t have the legs anymore after too many years of injuries. All of the talent is still there but he can’t run about anymore.

I wish he would sack international football off now because he doesn’t have the stamina for this type of fixture schedule.

prateik

Wouldn’t be like the caf to bump the thread in a players first game back from injury.
It was because we all got to see him play.. because other than the odd game against a top side, I doubt most here watch Everton matches.

Bwuk

We need to change something with him though, whether that is moving him into the middle or setting up a midfielder to cover for him on the right.

He doesn’t have the legs anymore after too many years of injuries. All of the talent is still there but he can’t run about anymore.

I wish he would sack international football off now because he doesn’t have the stamina for this type of fixture schedule.
I agree. Him as a 10 with Doucoure and Allan behind him would make more sense to me.

Ish

Lights on for Luke

You have good fullbacks, and probably miss a good RW if you move James centrally. Any chance you could try a 4-4-2 because you have good fullbacks who can provide the width?

Pep's Suit

Had good start buuut... last 8 games: missed 3 of them and has 0 goals 0 assists in those 5. Maybe Zidane was right with both James and Bale.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Who's surprised that when winter comes he's injured

He's the archetypal can't do it in a cold night in Stoke player :lol:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Had good start buuut... last 8 games: missed 3 of them and has 0 goals 0 assists in those 5. Maybe Zidane was right with both James and Bale.
Or he's just been injured...

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
He's been playing with a injury I think since the Liverpool game. Gylfi and Iwobi are good form to allow him to heal properly without being rushed. He has still been creating a lot of chances anyway.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He's been playing with a injury I think since the Liverpool game. Gylfi and Iwobi are good form to allow him to heal properly without being rushed. He has still been creating a lot of chances anyway.
Typical of people to judge him though without watching him play. He also played much better when we had proper fullbacks in Coleman and Digne who knew how to stretch play etc.

Calidad

Supports
Hibernian
Predictably starting to fade?

He’s a talented player, but hasn’t been able to sustain a prolonged period of form some years now. Have always had him down as a fair weather player myself and struggles to stay fit.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
You know it’s a cracker when it says “forwarded many times”