James Rodriguez

Nights

Bebe, young, smalling, anderson, nani, zaha, fellaini....
Smalling is an excellent CB when fit and not played out of position. Nani was our player of the season a few years ago before injuries/Moyes derailed him.

The rest are bad buys, but the amount that Real waste on players is in no way comparable to us.

Cina

I dont see how our purchases are in any way comparable to Real's.
You mean aside from the fact that we both spent money to sign footballers that turned out to be a waste of money or...?

(Like I said, ours is on a far lesser scale, doesn't mean we didn't waste money too though)

Stookie

Nurse bell end
People in the press banging on about the top players playing in la liga. Ok, effectively they are, but they're at two clubs, it's not like they're spread around he rest of the division. I suppose it's a bit like the Scottish league, with athletico doing an Aberdeen last season. The big games are when RM and Barca are playing, rest of the time it is dull and lifeless. The prem might not have the technical style of la liga, but I'd watch it over that pantomime any day of the week.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
You mean aside from the fact that we both spent money to sign footballers that turned out to be a waste of money or...?

(Like I said, ours is on a far lesser scale, doesn't mean we didn't waste money too though)
Yeah, I heard that Torquay United overspent on a couple players too. Totally comparable.

Cina

Yeah, I heard that Torquay United overspent on a couple players too. Totally comparable.
Oh sorry, I never realized Torquay were on the global scale of us and Real as clubs, totally my bad.

So, what's the difference between Huntelaar at €25m and Young at £18m? Or Fellaini at £27.5m and Diarra at €25m? If anything I'd say our signings there are actually worse.

And I'd even argue that the majority of their €30m+ signings bar Kaka and Illa were actually successful so I wouldn't really say they've 'wasted' too much of the megabucks they've paid. I'd say like for like, we've bought more unsuccessful players than they have in that time period.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Oh sorry, I never realized Torquay were on the global scale of us and Real as clubs, totally my bad.

So, what's the difference between Huntelaar at €25m and Young at £18m? Or Fellaini at £27.5m and Diarra at €25m? If anything I'd say our signings there are actually worse.
We actually use our players. Theres a difference between a waste of money and a poor/overpriced transfer.

Cina

We actually use our players. Theres a difference between a waste of money and a poor/overpriced transfer.
Diarra played over 100 games for them. Huntelaar tbf was a massive waste.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
I have come to begrudgingly respect the Madrid way. I dont wish for United to do things like them and I do sense some petty jealousy on here.

SoCross

Apologies for the bump; the guardians rumour mill has a pogba for James+cash swap kinda thing going on. Thoughts ?

flappyjay

Now that we are playing a 10 I wouldn't be against his purchase. As long as Pogba is not part of the deal of course

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I heard Bayern fans don't seem to be too happy with him. If he can't perform in Bundesliga then may be EPL standard will still be too much for him. Best for him to go to Napoli and reunite with Ancelotti.

settembrini

If Madrid want Pogba they can make a proper offer. None of their deadwood + half of what the player is worth nonsense.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Apologies for the bump; the guardians rumour mill has a pogba for James+cash swap kinda thing going on. Thoughts ?
Make it cash + Odegaard and we can talk.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Yes. So what's the issue?
No issue. I just misinterpreted your post, that's all.

I think I read a couple of posts on here that said he was doing well back at Madrid - that was after Zidane tried getting rid of him and Bale, but he ended up needing them both after an injury crisis of sorts, I think.

But I haven't been following him or Madrid that much. And I think you're right because Bayern decided not to take up the purchase option on him.

GoldanoGraham

Like Bale - made of Glass and not physically capable of playing in the Premier League, sick note in Spain so one can only imagine how either would battle to take on Phil Jones or Eric Bailley as the most frequent visitor to the physios room

Oldyella

Seems pointless. Pogba is easily doubled up on as he's our most creative player when fit. Swapping him for another creative player would just leave us with a different player with same problem.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Madrid can feck off. Honestly don't have a problem with Pogba leaving or wanting to leave - just as long as it's not to those wankers. ZZ this week openly talking about Mbappe after doing the same with Pogba earlier in the summer - absolutely no class whatsoever. Hope Bale and James stay and see out their massive contracts.

Champagne Football

Just so you know, El Desmarque is a total BS source similar to Don Balon, Sport and Mundo Deportive in Spain. All total BS sources.

I hope that helps

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I am not the biggest fan of James but he surely is a step-up compared to our other options in that position.
Pogba will leave anyway and I don’t think any club will pay 120+ Mio for him.
So I would not totally be against such a deal - if the money is used to bring in 2 other midfielders.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I am not the biggest fan of James but he surely is a step-up compared to our other options in that position.
Pogba will leave anyway and I don’t think any club will pay 120+ Mio for him.
So I would not totally be against such a deal - if the money is used to bring in 2 other midfielders.
Pogba will leave but no club will pay the money for him? It's like people think United will lie down and accept whatever comes their way.

prateik

Madrid have been trying to sell him for a while. there havent been any takers. Woody isnt smart, but he isn't that stupid.

jetlee

Actually, I don't quite rate the guy in his current form, but for a half-season loan in January, if it would be an option, I wouldn't be against it. We could then evaluate end of season.
No Pogba of course for RM in any way.