James Rodriguez

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
But how if you buy the other Rodriguez now and still have maybe the most talented 10 in the world? Not to mention that Di Maria brought so much balance to your side, as he was probably your most important player last year. I hope too that he doesn't lose a bit of pace and becomes the world class player that he is destined to become. I honestly can't remember a more talented player from your youth setup. He is simply that good. Could be the best Spanish player of the next generation. Can't praise his talents too much.

Such a sad sight for me, as I do like Real Madrid, that Perez still hasn't learned from his Galacticos bullshit the last time. Selling Di Maria could very well be Makelele mk2 and even though Bale played great last year, that position was already sorted with the Ronaldo extension and Rodriguez. Not even to mention James Rodriguez this year.
Yeah spot on about Jese. I'd keep Di Maria too but I've kind of learned to trust the people in charge after seeing world class players leave every few years and come out with a stronger team. Like we just saw with Ozil and a few years ago with Robben and co. (Altough I still think it was a mistake to ley the dutchman go.)

Di Maria will leave a hole behind if he does go but we'll buy enough quality players to fill the gaps and make another great team. I just don't want us to sell Jese because I can seriously see him winning a Balon D'or in the future, I really do. So hopefully he'll do it terrorising defences with us.

Vato

Supports
Real Madrid
There's something quite soul-destroying about the idea of reaching the peak that Madrid are at right now - emphatic CL winners, a team absolutely chock full of World XI-quality stars, the envy of the footballing world - and the only 'next step' they can think of is to just keep on doing what they did to get there - selling amazing players, buying amazing players who are more in-form or in-vogue.

'We've done it lads! We've got the most successful, most entertaining and most star-studded team in the world!'
'So what next?'
'Um... buy in the next lot, I suppose.'

I like to think that if United managed to get to where Madrid are now, the next step would be to try and stay there without signing another handful of world class star players. Don't be thinking 'which players are the hottest property in world football right now, and which of our perfectly successful, in-form stars will we have to sell to make room for them?' Be thinking 'who in our academy is going to be putting pressure on these stars from the bench next season?', or 'which promising young players from around the world should we be looking to mould into successors for Ronaldo, Alonso, Modric etc?'

In this instance, I guess I'd basically like to see them not sign James or anyone like him, but stick with Jese and Isco.
I know I should agree with you but when there's stories linking us to a rising star like James, the muppet in me goes in overdrive and I really want us to sign him more than anything. If (big if) Ancelotti has a say in what comes and goes, I won't be too worried about the transfers. Just keep Jese as he isn't the finished article yet or a loan to a team like Sevilla or maybe even abroad for a season or two like Barca did with Delofeu.

Anderson18

I know I should agree with you but when there's stories linking us to a rising star like James, the muppet in me goes in overdrive and I really want us to sign him more than anything. If (big if) Ancelotti has a say in what comes and goes, I won't be too worried about the transfers. Just keep Jese as he isn't the finished article yet or a loan to a team like Sevilla or maybe even abroad for a season or two like Barca did with Delofeu.
See, that's the problem. Jese is 21 now, a player with his talent should now play week in, week out and be one of the main mans already or atleast proven something. Right now the biggest talents are Götze and Neymar and both of them already did so much in their careers. Götze helped Dortmund to 2 league titles, one cup and Neymar's record for Brazil has been said enough. I consider Jese in the same bracket as them or atleast close to it and he didn't get the chances he deserved.

I know you want to see him make it at Real Madrid, but the only way I see that happening is him beating out Bale for the spot in the long haul. Next year he'll stay and just focus on getting back to his best but summer 2015, he either is on the verge of becoming a key player or I definitely can see him leave. Just too many good players to keep them all happy.

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
Real Madrid make it very hard for people to like them. I, personally, absolutely hate the way that they conduct their business. They have no need for James at all.

Vato

Supports
Real Madrid
See, that's the problem. Jese is 21 now, a player with his talent should now play week in, week out and be one of the main mans already or atleast proven something. Right now the biggest talents are Götze and Neymar and both of them already did so much in their careers. Götze helped Dortmund to 2 league titles, one cup and Neymar's record for Brazil has been said enough. I consider Jese in the same bracket as them or atleast close to it and he didn't get the chances he deserved.

I know you want to see him make it at Real Madrid, but the only way I see that happening is him beating out Bale for the spot in the long haul. Next year he'll stay and just focus on getting back to his best but summer 2015, he either is on the verge of becoming a key player or I definitely can see him leave. Just too many good players to keep them all happy.
Yeah, you're probably right. I think he'll displace Ronaldo before Bale tbh, can't see Ronaldo keeping up this pace for much longer. I'm pretty sure Ronaldo will have a worse season than last and Bale will improve.

Vato

Supports
Real Madrid
Real Madrid make it very hard for people to like them. I, personally, absolutely hate the way that they conduct their business. They have no need for James at all.
Well, tbh you guys had no need for Mata either last season but they're just these types of players you can't let pass if they become available.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Di Maria is a much better fit for Real than James Rodriguez. Di Maria has shown that he's capable of playing on the wings or in a midfield 3 to great effect, whereas James is a #10 who can come in from out wide.

If they were to sign him, they'd need to play a 4231 formation to get the best out of him, in my opinion. And my two picks for the midfield duo would be Modric and Khedira, with the latter about to leave by all accounts.

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
Well, tbh you guys had no need for Mata either last season but they're just these type of players you can't let pass if they become available.
Sort of different though. You could argue we "didn't need RvP" but those were signing that didn't really displace already world class players.

Anderson18

Yeah, you're probably right. I think he'll displace Ronaldo before Bale tbh, can't see Ronaldo keeping up this pace for much longer. I'm pretty sure Ronaldo will have a worse season than last and Bale will improve.
They way Ronaldo looks after himself, I see him atleast have 3-4 years at this level. From his early 20s, he eaten and trained perfectly ,he didn't have any injuries or anything that would show otherwise. It's a luxury problem that any club in the world would love to have. I really don't have an idea how you can keep a squad with Ronaldo, Bale, Jese, James and Isco happy not even to mention that Kroos best position is as a 10 and Di Maria isn't sold yet.

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
What's the definition of world class? They're not far off imo.
Certainly Chicarito is a looooong way off of world class and it is arguable for Rooney, I suppose. How much is your net spend this transfer window though? You brought in Kroos (albeit for a great price) and have now displaced Illara, Khedira, Alonso, Casemiro. You bought Bale last year and displaced Di Maria, forcing him to a new position. You have allegedly been in for Falcao and that would displace Benzema and Morata is already off. You've just won the CL, you hardly need Kroos, James, Falcao.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
World class is a vague term, but generally it should mean top 5 in your positon in the world.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Benzema

Ronaldo Rodriguez Bale

Kroos Modric

Marcelo Pepe Ramos Carvajal

Casillas
Sold:
Di Maria
Llaramendi
Khedira
Isco
Morata
Jese
First of all I think this line up would run into heavy problems vs. well organised counter attacking sides with a working pressing system. Not enough stability in the center coupled with the already exciting exposure on the flanks with Bale and Ronaldo occupying the wide offensive positions. James also did not strike me as a player with enourmous defensive contribution. We already saw what a heavily weakened Dortmund side could do to them in the CL last season and this line up would make it even worse.

Secondly, if they really look to sell Isco and Illaramendi after just one season my dislike for them will rise even more. Taking two key players from smaller Spanish sides, leaving both of them in weaker states just to get rid of them after one season? Sounds like the circus of a club they are.

Even if they don´t sell them the transfers of Kroos and possibly James tell them in a pretty clear way, that they are not trusted to play key roles for them in the future, which is a damn shame given their talent and potential.

Trizy

I don't get it, currently I don't think he is better than Isco, grant it he is younger but Isco has more La Liga experience and plays in the same position, even at that he is struggling to get a full 90 minutes. Is Rodriguez going to be that much better than Isco in the future that is is worth 50 million more than him? Waste of money. Plus losing Di Maria to fund it would weaken them.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
signing Rodriguez would be ridiculously pointless. :lol: They have already Isco who is struggling, because his position doesnt exist, so lets buy another #10.
I´d love to see the conversations between perez and ancelotti, when Perez tells him that he is going to buy another star, while selling DiMaria for no reason.

Vato

Supports
Real Madrid
signing Rodriguez would be ridiculously pointless. :lol: They have already Isco who is struggling, because his position doesnt exist, so lets buy another #10.
I´d love to see the conversations between perez and ancelotti, when Perez tells him that he is going to buy another star, while selling DiMaria for no reason.
Maybe we're switching back to 4231 though.

Shit, if it was up to me we'd play 2-5-3 and play all of the new kids + Isco and Jese. Football needs to evolve into goalfests!

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches

Shit, if it was up to me we'd play 2-5-3 and play all of the new kids + Isco and Jese. Football needs to evolve into goalfests!
The WM Formation!

Ronaldo Benzema Bale

Isco Jese

Kroos Alonso Modric

Pepe Ramos

Lopez​

PedroMendez

Acolyte

:lol: I guess these are also Florentino´s thoughts. Its just funny, that a guy, who earned billions of $$$, is managing a multimillion$$$ company like that. Not really what you would expect.

The WM Formation!

Ronaldo Benzema Bale

Isco Jese

Kroos Alonso Modric

Pepe Ramos

Lopez​
Still too much defense.

Ronaldo - Benzema - Bale
James - Kroos - Isco - Jese
Modric
Ramos - Pepe
Lopez

Brightonian

Well, tbh you guys had no need for Mata either last season but they're just these types of players you can't let pass if they become available.
That's hardly comparable. Ok, Mata plays in a position we were already strong in, but we hardly have the overload of stars that Madrid do. We can play him without having to bench a superstar.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
:lol: I guess these are also Florentino´s thoughts. Its just funny, that a guy, who earned billions of $$$, is managing a multimillion$$$ company like that. Not really what you would expect.

Still too much defense.

Ronaldo - Benzema - Bale
James - Kroos - Isco - Jese
Modric
Ramos - Pepe
Lopez
My word, that is a fifa formation :lol:

Suus

Rodriguez will basicly cost slightly less than Suarez, yet he's hardly as good. I know its due to his buy-out clause and already transferring last year, but, its still really daft.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
That's hardly comparable. Ok, Mata plays in a position we were already strong in, but we hardly have the overload of stars that Madrid do. We can play him without having to bench a superstar.
Also we were in a really desperate situation. Mata was a hail mary with the hope he would help us qualify for the CL.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I think it's just a just a grab for the next shiny object move by Perez. However I did wonder if they might try and squeeze him in as an alternate for Benzema in the striker or false 9 position. They've tried Bale and Ronaldo there but both of them are better played wide.

They don't have a big squad, last season they replaced Higuain with Bale, which meant Morata was the only real stand-in for Benzema and Morata's leaving to try and get a starter position. Jese's out injured, I would guess until around Christmas. From a squad perspective it's a reasonable setup across a season, it's when you look at the "big game" starting XI it's hard to see how some of them can be content to be benchwarmers.

gaucho_10

We won't play 4-2-3-1.

Kroos will take Modric position staying more centrally and Modric will get the freedom to go forward (Di Maria's role). Xabi will play his holding position and I hope Illara will be used only as his substitute.

As for James, him and Jese can rotate with all 3 of our forwards.

Cina

I haven't seen a single reliable source linking to them in this thread, yet everyone's convinced?

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I haven't seen a single reliable source linking to them in this thread, yet everyone's convinced?
You're trying to use United thread rules to a Real Madrid thread :smirk: On Planet Madrid every player is going there unless they turn him down and so far they haven't turned him down. Today's AS is suggesting that Monaco have asked about Diego Lopez as part of the deal, but I don't think anyone has asked Lopez yet.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
It's Real. When I heard the first time about Bale last year, I also thought "WTF, that's not going to happen?". But when I heard it the next day a second time, it was clear for me, he is Real's toy this year and it will be the same with James. He will probably force the move and Real will pay a silly amount of money to get him.

Ling

James agreed personal terms with RM. Only thing is left agreeing fee with Monaco. Rumor is 65m euros + player.

ravi2

James agreed personal terms with RM. Only thing is left agreeing fee with Monaco. Rumor is 65m euros + player.
We really should be aiming for di Maria.. Madrid's loss could be our gain.

Ling

We really should be aiming for di Maria.. Madrid's loss could be our gain.
I doubt that very much. If anything, United will get someone from PSG. Threesomes have their good and bad sides.

NMF

Rodriguez to Madrid has been fairly quiet, I'd expect Monaco to play hard ball since they have no need to sell. I fully expected it to be like Bale and Modric they took a long time to complete.

Ling

Rodriguez to Madrid has been fairly quiet, I'd expect Monaco to play hard ball since they have no need to sell. I fully expected it to be like Bale and Modric they took a long time to complete.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bs_k3-MCUAEHcJb.jpg
Today in Madrid. Anyway, strong speculation is it's Lopez + 65m euros.

As long as it's not Cavani.
Or Moura at 35m euros quoted price.

Bare in mind this is all speculation. However, James was in Madrid today. That's the only thing that's true.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
If PSG sign Di Maria before they sell... couldn't everyone just demand PSG sell them their players for a fraction of the price? Knowing that they'd be forced to sell to comply with FFP.

NMF

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bs_k3-MCUAEHcJb.jpg
Today in Madrid. Anyway, strong speculation is it's Lopez + 65m euros.

Or Moura at 35m euros quoted price.

Bare in mind this is all speculation. However, James was in Madrid today. That's the only thing that's true.
Strange swap deal if true.

Moura at 35M might be a bit steep didn't have his best season at PSG.

Knowing Madrid they'll get this done anyway, rumors Rodriguez is refusing to play for Monaco so they let him go.