James Tavernier - Rangers right back

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Best to see a player in action before looking at fecking SPL stats and making a thread. This is proper bottom of the barrel stuff.
It's fine to make a thread. He has very impressive offensive stats which was thread worthy - I made it clear that someone watching the league would have to opine further.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
It's fine to make a thread. He has very impressive offensive stats which was thread worthy - I made it clear that someone watching the league would have to opine further.
They've not so much as opined,but torn him a new one

Robbie Boy

For some players it’s understandable but for this joker.....

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
For some players it’s understandable but for this joker.....
His stats are impressive - is SPL worse than Championship standard? Serious question, at the time of making this thread I didn't know SPL was that poor in quality.

Robbie Boy

His stats are impressive - is SPL worse than Championship standard? Serious question, at the time of making this thread I didn't know SPL was that poor in quality.
The SPL is absolutely miles below the Championship. Celtic and Rangers are ok to an extent but that’s about it. Take a look at Kilmarnock who are third, the majority of their team wouldn’t get near a Championship team.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Abysmal? Give us peace. He's currently the best full back in Scotland. If Tierney was pulling in those number of goals/assists he'd apparently be worth about £80m.
Better than Tierney? Somebody's enjoying their Saturday night :lol:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The SPL is absolutely miles below the Championship. Celtic and Rangers are ok to an extent but that’s about it. Take a look at Kilmarnock who are third, the majority of their team wouldn’t get near a Championship team.
Can you explain why the caf has a hard on for Tierney in if there's no point in judging from the SPL?

Robbie Boy

Can you explain why the caf has a hard on for Tierney in if there's no point in judging from the SPL?
As I said earlier, some players have obvious talent and it’s evident no matter what league they play in. Players like Larsson, VVD and Wanyama always looked miles above the SPL and the likes of Denayer and Dembele had obvious talent. Scott Sinclair may have outscored Dembele but it was obvious who was the better player.

Tierney looks a good prospect who has broken through the Celtic academy. The kid is 21 has CL experience, over a 100 first team appearances to his name and has won tonnes of individual awards. I’m not sure how good he can become but whereas he’s been linked with elite clubs, Tavernier has been linked with WBA recently. If you can’t see how one journeyman who never even excelled in League One and a very good prospect like Tierney aren’t remotely comparable, that’s not my issue. Going by your thinking, we should have been all over Gary Hooper; after all, 82 goals in three seasons for Celtic looks great in a stats based context.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
The English Championship is SO overrated. Its a hard and competitive league, however quality wise its nowhere near great.

Pukki and Waghorn have done well in that league and flopped in Scotland. Many other examples. Downgrading of a player based on the league they play is crazy. Smalling or Vardy anyone?

Tavernier is a decent player and some of the comments in here about him are laughable but no surprise from certain posters with a Celtic liking outside PM.

Tierney has a bigger reputation due to age but I've not seen him show abilities that outshine what Tavernier has produced in a weaker side. KT has struggled in Europe a lot which is ignored up here in Scotland.

I watch Trippier and Walker on a permanent basis and don't understand the hype both receive. Neither have great stats and are weak defensively. If both can play at the top end, JT can for a mid table club. His creative abilities are not below those two IMO.

Robbie Boy

The English Championship is SO overrated. Its a hard and competitive league, however quality wise its nowhere near great.

Pukki and Waghorn have done well in that league and flopped in Scotland. Many other examples. Downgrading of a player based on the league they play is crazy. Smalling or Vardy anyone?

Tavernier is a decent player and some of the comments in here about him are laughable but no surprise from certain posters with a Celtic liking outside PM.

Tierney has a bigger reputation due to age but I've not seen him show abilities that outshine what Tavernier has produced in a weaker side. KT has struggled in Europe a lot which is ignored up here in Scotland.

I watch Trippier and Walker on a permanent basis and don't understand the hype both receive. Neither have great stats and are weak defensively. If both can play at the top end, JT can for a mid table club. His creative abilities are not below those two IMO.
Have a lie down, Mark.