James Ward-Prowse | West Ham

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Looked for a thread on this kid but couldn't find one, so thought I'd make one as I think he'll be a player who'll be talked about a lot in the coming years.

He's an 18 year old midfielder who is very highly rated at Southampton. He played 15 games last season in the Premiership at the age of 17, and has played in 7 of the 8 games so far this season.

Playing for the England U21's at the moment, but I expect to see him featuring in the senior team in the near future along with the likes of Barkley and Morrison.

Ekeke

Was thinking watching him today, I know people will talk about his set pieces - which are very good. And his long passes, which are also good. And the nice shot he had. But watching him off the ball today, I was impressed at his closing down and the energy to keep it up all game. And its this side of his game, as well as the hair obviously, that reminded me of Fletcher.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Was thinking watching him today, I know people will talk about his set pieces - which are very good. And his long passes, which are also good. And the nice shot he had. But watching him off the ball today, I was impressed at his closing down and the energy to keep it up all game. And its this side of his game, as well as the hair obviously, that reminded me of Fletcher.
Sounds like Gylfi Sigurðsson.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Have to say it, this lad is a class act. It's easy to say that he's getting a lot of plaudits for his set pieces ability, but for an 18 year old the rest of his game is very, very good.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Despite him being in the Saints first-team since he was 16 or so, he's never really struck me as a 'special' talent per se. Developed for his age, yes, but doesn't look as gifted as Hughes, for instance.

LARulz

Turns into a beast in FM for me so I say we sign him up

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Scored for England U21's against San Marino with a fantastic free kick. Even a top keeper would struggle to keep it out.

Sid234

bit surprised no one has tried to buy him from S'ton, He's a good prospect.. Southampton should do their best to keep him for next season!

Ekeke

Fully expect that'll change by next summer. He'll be the next Shaw for them in terms of income

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
he is their biggest prospect imo. He should jump (to our) ship while his current one is sinking.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Would be better if he spends next season at Southampton for his development. Really see him blossoming into a first team regular and being handed more responsibility with plenty of players leaving. Looks a real promising prospect.

Manucho the boss

Best crosser in the league for me, he'll get regular football this season and will make progress. Watched a video of him practicing free kicks during an England under 21 training camp, the consistency of his ability to get it over the wall and back down was very impressive.

RedDF

dominating the midfield vs liverpool atm... kid looks a real talent

Santos J

Had a good game, talented player. Has a cracking cross on him too.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He will probably take Barkleys spot in the England squad... :( Going to be a great player though.

Ruht

Very talented player no doubt. Hopefully he'll get more playing time this season. Love his crosses as well.