James Ward-Prowse | West Ham

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Decent player and has an argument for being the best free-kick taker in PL history, which shouldn't be discounted.

But is also 27 and would cost a lot for the relatively limited amount he'd bring to any top level side. Think mid-level PL clubs is where he'll spend his career.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Think he would be a better option than Fred or McT but thats not a high bar. If he can come around for 15m, I would take him .

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He's got fantastic stamina, good pressing and plays almost every minute of every game. Good passing range on him, top delivery, scores goals and is box to box.

We could do much worse.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
He's got fantastic stamina, good pressing and plays almost every minute of every game. Good passing range on him, top delivery, scores goals and is box to box.

We could do much worse.
we could and we will, thank you very much.

Carolina Red

Staff

We could do much worse.
Basically this. He’s just a solid player. And he did, in fact, play every EPL minute in 2019/2020 and 2020/2021.

Side note: his average minutes per game for his career currently sits at 66.6…perfect for joining the Red Devils:lol::devil:

tidraKS

He's destined for a Moyes team. I think he'll be a hit there.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
West Ham are building the ultimate set piece team...Maguire, JWP, Zouma, Soucek etc.

tomaldinho1

We could do much worse.
Yeah I get the impression a lot of people haven't watched him aside from the 2 games a season we play them. He's a pretty complete midfielder if you wanted someone the level below being really elite, he's a bit slow but otherwise where's his weakness? Passing range is exceptional, he presses all day, is always fit, can run a midfield from deep, strong tackler and is technically sound. He would be a dream squad player in my mind for us who would get a lot of minutes. I'd argue he'd actually be an upgrade on post injury Eriksen for our squad but he's a very good signing for WHUM who will now be hell to play against with arguably the best set piece taker of all time and a bunch of massive aerially dominant blokes.

I can see it now. Maguire scoring from his freekick and then doing the ear cupping celebration at OT. Will kill me.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud

We could do much worse.
I've been on the train for a long time. Sad we didn't grab him when the Saints went down.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
2 games in and he already has a goal and 2 assists. I've always liked this guy. He could have been the #8 that we needed to play alongside Cassemiro...

Revan

Assumptionman
2 games in and he already has a goal and 2 assists. I've always liked this guy. He could have been the #8 that we needed to play alongside Cassemiro...
He is not that great, but signing him and selling McTom to Hammers would have been a no-brainer. He is better than McTominay and Eriksen (and Mount as 8).

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
He is not that great, but signing him and selling McTom to Hammers would have been a no-brainer. He is better than McTominay and Eriksen (and Mount as 8).
People say we over rate English players. And we do. But because of that we also under rate them. If his name was Ward-Prowsinho we'd be screaming to sign him

samlee86

Great signing for West Ham.

A real number 8.

Would have been a better signing than Mount.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Great signing for West Ham.

A real number 8.

Would have been a better signing than Mount.
How the feck we always think like this ? I mean appreciate the player but why do you even bring Mount Herr.

samlee86

How the feck we always think like this ? I mean appreciate the player but why do you even bring Mount Herr.
We’re United fans. Everything is seen through a United lens.

3 goals and 10 assists by December is world class.

Mount is on 0 goals and 0 assists and cant even get into the team on the odd occasion he is fit.

Credit to West Ham’s recruitment team. They sold Rice and actually got better. No one could have predicted that in the summer.

Last edited:

Idxomer

We’re United fans. Everything is seen through a United lens.

3 goals and 10 assists by December is world class.

Mount is on 0 goals and 0 assists and cant even get into the team on the odd occasion he is fit.

Credit to West Ham’s recruit team. They sold Rice and actually got better. No one could have predicted that in the summer.
It's not, 4 of those 10 are in the EL, and 1 in the championship. 4 of his assists in the PL are from corners. If this United team have peak Beckham right now, they're still not scoring from corners. He's a great signing for WHU as he suits their game but he wouldn't have moved the needle for United.

samlee86

It's not, 4 of those 10 are in the EL, and 1 in the championship. 4 of his assists in the PL are from corners. If this United team have peak Beckham right now, they're still not scoring from corners. He's a great signing for WHU as he suits their game but he wouldn't have moved the needle for United.
Rubbish. Mctomminy, Maguire, Varane are all beasts in the air. We should be scoring more.

As for Ward-Prowse, I will hold my hands up and say I wouldn’t have wanted to sign him in the summer, but credit were credit is due he has been great for West Ham.

Then you consider the state of our current midfield and I would argue he is an upgrade on Amrabat, Mount, Hannibal, Erikson, Mainoo(still too young) and is a superior technical player to Mctomminey.

He would be a starter for us. No doubt about it.

Borninthe80ts

I always dismissed him as not being mobile enough for the role I would have saw him play for us. Am I ignoring something in him? Could he be/have been our new Fletcher? Can a players work at set pieces overcome them being not good enough in the rest of the game?

miked99

We should've signed him because he scored a goal? It's bizarre how little it takes to make people think we should've signed someone.

He's great at free kicks and corners. Totally average at everything else.

CasaStreets

Rubbish. Mctomminy, Maguire, Varane are all beasts in the air. We should be scoring more.

As for Ward-Prowse, I will hold my hands up and say I wouldn’t have wanted to sign him in the summer, but credit were credit is due he has been great for West Ham.

Then you consider the state of our current midfield and I would argue he is an upgrade on Amrabat, Mount, Hannibal, Erikson, Mainoo(still too young) and is a superior technical player to Mctomminey.

He would be a starter for us. No doubt about it.
Rubbish. Varane certainly is not - his scoring record at RM with great delivery for most of those years was dismal. McT is great at late runs but his scoring on point-blank headers remains inconsistent - we all know this.

I can see the argument for Maguire to score more but even if you extrapolate from his scoring rates from past clubs & England, that would only add up to an additional ~5 goals over his entire United career thus far.