Votes: 113 14.4%
  • Buy a my little pony for the girl

Votes: 141 18.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Apart from attacking depth, we don't even have a better squad too. The quality drop off from our first choice midfield three is ridiculous.

Our CB apart from Lindelof who has came into form this season are either injured or average. Our right back is a 33yr old former winger. Our backup LB has been on the transfer market since summer.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Apart from attacking depth, we don't even have a better squad too. The quality drop off from our first choice midfield three is ridiculous.

Our CB apart from Lindelof who has came into form this season are either injured or average. Our right back is a 33yr old former winger. Our backup LB has been on the transfer market since summer.
Exactly. Easy to see the drop in performance when any one or two is missing from first 11.

arthurka

Ddg
Young, Bailly, Lindelöf, Shaw
Herrera, Matic
Pogba
Jesse, Rashford, Martial

Easy pick

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool

Are you suggesting that Lukaku & Sanchez are better than Origi? Blasphemy, I say!

There's really not much in it, and I agree with your analysis. A combined XI based on form would right now heavily favour United. One based on this season as a whole would favour Liverpool. A combined XI with all things taken into consideration would still slightly favour us, I reckon, but there's not much in it.

So my question would be...

If your first choice XI is

DDG
Young Bailly Lindelof Shaw
Matic
Herrera Pogba
Lingard Rashford Martial

And ours is

Allison
TAA Gomez VVD Robertson
Fabinho
Gini Milner
Mane Firmino Salah

What would be the combined XI of players NOT included in either teams starting line up? Keeper is your guy, defenders are... I'm stuck already :lol:

Romero
Clyne Matip Smalling ???
Henderson
??? ???
Sanchez Lukaku ???

If Ox wasn't out for so long he'd be in our first team, but damn... Our combined second choice XI would be a pretty pitiful sight. Our combined second choice XI is probably behind City's own second choice XI.

Who the feck goes in midfield? :lol:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Are you suggesting that Lukaku & Sanchez are better than Origi? Blasphemy, I say!

There's really not much in it, and I agree with your analysis. A combined XI based on form would right now heavily favour United. One based on this season as a whole would favour Liverpool. A combined XI with all things taken into consideration would still slightly favour us, I reckon, but there's not much in it.

DDG
Matic
Herrera Pogba
Lingard Rashford Martial

And ours is

Allison
TAA Gomez VVD Robertson
Fabinho
Gini Milner
Mane Firmino Salah

What would be the combined XI of players NOT included in either teams starting line up? Keeper is your guy, defenders are... I'm stuck already :lol:

Romero
Clyne Matip Smalling ???
Henderson
??? ???
Sanchez Lukaku ???

If Ox wasn't out for so long he'd be in our first team, but damn... Our combined second choice XI would be a pretty pitiful sight. Our combined second choice XI is probably behind City's own second choice XI.

Shaqiri Lukaku Sanchez

Attack would be quite handy. Even defense is quite okay with Clyne Matip Smalling Moreno/Darmian(both are crap)

Let's not talk about the midfield though.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Ahh, I actually forgot about Shaqiri. Yeah, that'd be pretty decent. LB was a lose/lose situation all day :lol:

Raw

DDG
Matic
Herrera Pogba
Lingard Rashford Martial

And ours is

Allison
TAA Gomez VVD Robertson
Fabinho
Gini Milner
Mane Firmino Salah

Romero
Clyne Matip Smalling ???
Henderson
??? ???
Sanchez Lukaku ???

It'd probably have to be Fred and Keita in midfield :lol:

CM

Given the fact that Keita was benched for that time period, it still didn't make sense.
I already said Pogba should've been in it. I was talking about the rest of the team.

IrishRedDevil

I generally like him, but him literally roaring down the mic when Liverpool scores is pretty unbearable. An ex player should not be commentating on their own team.

matt23

I generally like him, but him literally roaring down the mic when Liverpool scores is pretty unbearable. An ex player should not be commentating on their own team.
To be fair to Sky, it had potential commedy value with a loss

Bwuk

I like him but he’s unbearable when it comes to Liverpool.

Almost the opposite with Neville who at times used to be overly critical of us.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Acting the complete twat again.

Why can’t he be professional? Gary Neville does act like this when it comes to United.

He should have been sacked by Sky for the spitting. I cannot stand him.

Ban

I know he loves Liverpool but should be a bit less biased nevertheless. Neville is completely opposite.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
He shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a Liverpool game tbh.

Neville gets United games but if anything he's completely the opposite and is extremely hard on us in an attempt to seem impartial.

Carragher is just a taste of what the rest of them are gonna be like when they finally win it. Awful.

stepic

So wait Neville gets shit on for being overly impartial and Carragher gets shit on for being too biased. Which one is it?

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
So wait Neville gets shit on for being overly impartial and Carragher gets shit on for being too biased. Which one is it?
I don't know, somewhere in between? Or just don't have them commentate on their own teams.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Obviously if it’s your team it’s great, but for every other viewer it makes you a bit sick in the mouth.

Carragher has been a great pundit but he’s clearly getting very excited. I only hope he’s commentating when they finally blow it.

Tarrou

maybe redcafe is made up of lots and lots of different people who think opposing things rather than one great big homogenous blob that contradicts itself

I mean it's possible

stepic

maybe redcafe is made up of lots and lots of different people who think opposing things rather than one great big homogenous blob that contradicts itself

I mean it's possible
Basically it’s just anti Liverpool sentiment is my point. Which is fine. But let’s just be honest about it. If Rio was commentating and screamed for joy when we scored we’d all be loving it. I’m just highlighting the hypocrisy.

Tarrou

Basically it’s just anti Liverpool sentiment is my point. Which is fine. But let’s just be honest about it. If Rio was commentating and screamed for joy when we scored we’d all be loving it. I’m just highlighting the hypocrisy.
yeah it's massive bias but he is a gigantic cnut tbf

Negan

It’s like watching FanZone ffs. How he’s allowed to commentate on Liverpool games is beyond me. At least Neville is unbiased.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
This is eerily similar to 2013/14 when they rolled out the Liverpool Football Club™️ legends every week at Anfield before kick-off, all suited and booted, waiting to anoint the ‘Champions’ after 20-odd long years. Liverpool employees, ex-players and cheerleaders, the journalists and Sky alike creamed themselves for weeks in the lead up to the season finale and were left with the greatest serving of egg on their collective faces afterwards.

They’ve won feck all as of yet and actually are depending on City to drop points for them to take advantage yet they’re behaving like they’re five points clear with three games to play*... They’re truly insufferable and wonder why the football fraternity at large doesn’t want them anywhere near the title.

*laughs in Mancunian

Josh 76

This is eerily similar to 2013/14 when they rolled out the Liverpool Football Club™️ legends every week at Anfield before kick-off, all suited and booted, waiting to anoint the ‘Champions’ after 20-odd long years. Liverpool employees, ex-players and cheerleaders, the journalists and Sky alike creamed themselves for weeks in the lead up to the season finale and were left with the greatest serving of egg on their collective faces afterwards.

They’ve won feck all as of yet and actually are depending on City to drop points for them to take advantage yet they’re behaving like they’re five points clear with three games to play*... They’re truly insufferable and wonder why the football fraternity at large doesn’t want them anywhere near the title.

*laughs in Mancunian
Great post.
I was thinking the same

Oggmonster

At least he shows passion for the team he loves, unlike Neville the gobshite
But he shouldn't be thats the problem. He's a commentator and should he impartial. I understand it for CL games when people aren't as bothered by bias but there was probably Southhampton fans watching that last night fuming how 1 sided commentary was. They can still go down and 1 commentator was begging for them to lose. He was saying "we" when discussing Liverpool!

Status
Not open for further replies.