Jamie Carragher

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
As a Liverpool fan, are you not embarrassed by how bitter Souness comes across?
As a Liverpool fan, are you not embarrassed by how bitter Souness comes across?
His views often come across old school but you can always sort of see how he's formulated his opinion even if you dont agree and I often don't.
Honestly I dont think he's all that biased hes better than most and talks sense a lot, it's just he's forthright and it riles people up because he has certain mannerisms which make it look like he's targeting a team in a specific instance.

Does he have a Liverpool slant ?? Yeah but then I could say the same for Neville at times this season and United fans can give me examples of him being overly critical of them to counteract my bias claim. Every teams fans will always believe the media is against them. It's like I said before, the punditry element of the game has almost become part of it.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He meant it as we were fortunate to get 3 points from the game. He said it in several different ways.
He also said we deserved to win and Liverpool didn't do enough

Djemba-Djemba

His views often come across old school but you can always sort of see how he's formulated his opinion even if you dont agree and I often don't.
Honestly I dont think he's all that biased hes better than most and talks sense a lot, it's just he's forthright and it riles people up because he has certain mannerisms which make it look like he's targeting a team in a specific instance.

Does he have a Liverpool slant ?? Yeah but then I could say the same for Neville at times this season and United fans can give me examples of him being overly critical of them to counteract my bias claim. Every teams fans will always believe the media is against them. It's like I said before, the punditry element of the game has almost become part of it.
I don't think the media is against us though.

I think Souness clearly hates Mourinho and it clouds his judgement. He was embarrassing today.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
It feels like he tries too hard to be objective about Liverpool. There are many examples of him contradicting himself. I suppose many Utd fans feel the same about Neville.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
I wasn’t ever a fan of either of these two and the whole spitting incident really annoyed me. It was absolutely disgusting.

However that said, these two together are by miles the best pundits and whilst good for football talk, also bring much needed humour.

I’m glad Sky didn’t bin Carragher after the spitting incident now. His roasting of Neville due to his time in Valencia is sheer comedy and Neville takes it on the chin.

Tarrou

I wasn’t ever a fan of either of these two and the whole spitting incident really annoyed me. It was absolutely disgusting.

However that said, these two together are by miles the best pundits and whilst good for football talk, also bring much needed humour.

I’m glad Sky didn’t bin Carragher after the spitting incident now. His roasting of Neville due to his time in Valencia is sheer comedy and Neville takes it on the chin.
I can't believe he kept his job after that

Needham

This guy is so lucky he flobbed at a girl pre-Covid. Done that this year there'd have been no route back.

hubbuh

I said this in the other Carragher thread but I want to repeat it here;

Carragher can get to feck. The fake laughed he forced out when Martin Tyler suggested United are competing for the title last night really pissed me off. Wish Tyler brought that point back up when Liverpool were 1-4 down at Anfield. I know we're quite a way off City, but we're still second and the highest scorers in the league. It was such a petty, disrespectful little dig. It's obviously because Liverpool are fecking wank though which makes it funny.

SuperiorXI

I said this in the other Carragher thread but I want to repeat it here;

Carragher can get to feck. The fake laughed he forced out when Martin Tyler suggested United are competing for the title last night really pissed me off. Wish Tyler brought that point back up when Liverpool were 1-4 down at Anfield. I know we're quite a way off City, but we're still second and the highest scorers in the league. It was such a petty, disrespectful little dig. It's obviously because Liverpool are fecking wank though which makes it funny.
The conditions for a siege mentality at United this season have been absolutely perfect. Such a shame we've been let down by dropping silly points as we had a better chance this season than any post-SAF. It's going to be very hard to catch City from here, not impossible but very hard.

Finishing above the scousers is definitely doable though and it would be lovely if we did that just to see the reactions from all the so called pundits writing us off.

hubbuh

The conditions for a siege mentality at United this season have been absolutely perfect. Such a shame we've been let down by dropping silly points as we had a better chance this season than any post-SAF. It's going to be very hard to catch City from here, not impossible but very hard.

Finishing above the scousers is definitely doable though and it would be lovely if we did that just to see the reactions from all the so called pundits writing us off.
Yep. I really hope Ole is using these odd little jibes against us to fire the players up from now until the end of the season. We've still only dropped points in three more games than City this season so we just need to keep ourselves well placed in the event that City slip up. Finishing above Liverpool immediately after their title-winning season would be hilarious. Bad champions indeed.

FujiVice

99% Liverpool talk and little about the opposition for the full match. He's an embarrassment on commentary. At least Neville tries to mask it. At least have a bit of interest in the opposition.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
99% Liverpool talk and little about the opposition for the full match. He's an embarrassment on commentary. At least Neville tries to mask it. At least have a bit of interest in the opposition.
I don’t know why they’ve taken them out of the studio. They are both great pundits when they take the time to analyze and rewatch. They are far too emotional and rash for commentary though, they latch onto their first conclusions and rant on even when the replays show the complete opposite. They are great pundits but pretty poor commentators.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I don’t mind him as a pundit but commentator, nah. Same with Neville.

cyberman

Its the same with Jenas on BT. For some reason they have him and Hoddle do every Spurs game and its mind boggling why. Its just Spurs tv for every Saturday fixture they play

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Nev and Carra in the studio are excellent pundits and analysers. On commentary I dont mind Neville, but sometimes his bias comes through - Carra is a whole different level. 99% of his comms is referencing Liverpool. The opposition get little airtime with him

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
I don’t know why they’ve taken them out of the studio. They are both great pundits when they take the time to analyze and rewatch. They are far too emotional and rash for commentary though, they latch onto their first conclusions and rant on even when the replays show the complete opposite. They are great pundits but pretty poor commentators.
100% agree.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Absolutely insufferable last night in debating the England squad with Gary Neville. Just trying to manufacture controversy and pretending he couldn’t understand the difference between Gary Neville’s own opinion and what opinion Neville thinks Southgate holds.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The craziest part was how arrogant he was being about Neville’s picks when he had Conor Coady in his side. :lol:

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Absolutely insufferable last night in debating the England squad with Gary Neville. Just trying to manufacture controversy and pretending he couldn’t understand the difference between Gary Neville’s own opinion and what opinion Neville thinks Southgate holds.
He gets triggered quite easily when anyone drops a Liverpool player in a conversation.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
He should not be allowed discuss Liverpool. Remember he embarrassed himself in that show Sky put on with Keane and him discussing the current Liverpool side and Manchester United treble winning side. He loses the plot.

cyberman

He should not be allowed discuss Liverpool. Remember he embarrassed himself in that show Sky put on with Keane and him discussing the current Liverpool side and Manchester United treble winning side. He loses the plot.
Yep, all because Liverpool had a great record at Christmas against a side who did more in one season than Klopp did in his great 2 years combined.
And we had Utd fans agree with him.

OmarUnited4ever

The two relevant segments are here:

loved how Gary dismantled this ongoing media narrative that Trent is guaranteed to start in Euros, Gary did admit that he is good enough to be part of England squad going into Euros, but not a guaranteed starter. Jamie sounds butthurt because Southgate didn't select Trent in the last international games.

arnie_ni

The two relevant segments are here:

Seen this happen alot with carragher.

Neville just needs to answer carragher there and say he'd take TAA to shut him up then go back and answer the original question, which he did try to do but carragher spoke over him again.

Rooney and Ronaldo

Yeah I just came in here to post about Carragher last night. I thought he was terrible when discussing the England squad, spent more time trying to wind Neville up instead of debating the players.

I was actually cringing at how he was behaving towards Neville especially when the presenter clearly asked the question to Neville about what Southgate would do and Carragher took it as what Neville would do squad wise.

I couldn’t understand why he would take nine defenders as well. Overall I thought he was embarrassing last night.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Nice of Carragher to be completely dismissive and ignorant of Croatia.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I actually think Charrager is a very good pundit, but he was diabolical in the England squad segment for sure.

Neville was also very daft though, he suggested England's quality is not there yet to be compared to Belgium (when I'd say we are on paper stronger than them, let alone equal). He also completely underrated DCL in his suggestion for Greenwood.