Jamie Vardy's Extraordinary Record against the Premier League Top 6

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
I'm not arguing that Walker doesn't give him a slight tug, but it's a contact sport, the telling bit is how he throws his legs up, it's hardly something you're combining with being held back. He's a clever cnut at constructing stuff like that, fondly remembered for his foul on Rafael and subsequent dive which resulted in a penalty back in 2014 against us, not sure why we're pretending anything else these days.
the sad fact people such as your self never acknowledge is that if players don't do that them dumb refs don't give a foul, Vardy is pulled back, he is fouled, but if he elects to stay on his feet and a defender, who wouldn't have got there without the pull, gets there he doesn't get that foul, you want players to stop making the most of contact make refs reward honest play and they won't have to

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Very good striker but a premier league legend ? Only played in the league for 6 years and 24th in top goal scores list.

Also surely Shilton is Leicester's greatest ex player, by achievement and legacy anyway, has the record for England Caps and won back to back European cups with Forest.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Very good striker but a premier league legend ? Only played in the league for 6 years and 24th in top goal scores list.

Also surely Shilton is Leicester's greatest ex player, by achievement and legacy anyway, has the record for England Caps and won back to back European cups with Forest.
much like Lineker much of Shilton's best stuff was done after leaving Leicester, the talk is purely on their time in a Leicester shirt

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Won the league, regular in the golden boot fight and a really good scoring record, especially against the top teams. I'd say yes although a short time deserves to be up there.

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC
the tapping up is notorious in England squads, its inevitable I supposed and don't really see what could be done to prevent it
Chilwell also admitted it happened to him, back in December, and that's what turned his head.

starman

Yes, the fact he has done what he has done from the age of 27 with Leicester will make him more legendary. He needs 41 more goals before he retires to make the top 10.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

More like he's only played in the league for 6 years and is already 24th in top scorers list.

Drogba played for 8 years in his first Chelsea stint and scored less goal than Vardy did.

ReallyUSA

Nothing short of extraordinary, and he will be remembered highly doing it outside the bigger clubs.

UncleBob

Look at their upper too, contact in this instance and how it happened, definitely means foul. 2 legit pens
The point about his legs is how he falls over, shows that the contact between him and Walker was minimal. Not enough in it for me and Vardy plays his part to perfection, as he usually does. If it was Vardy instead of Connolly, there's no way that penalty is being overruled by VAR.

UncleBob

the sad fact people such as your self never acknowledge is that if players don't do that them dumb refs don't give a foul, Vardy is pulled back, he is fouled, but if he elects to stay on his feet and a defender, who wouldn't have got there without the pull, gets there he doesn't get that foul, you want players to stop making the most of contact make refs reward honest play and they won't have to
Needed at times doesn't translate into needed all the time. Again, he's usually a clever cnut when it comes to these situations and it pays off, as soon as he feels a bit of contact and the defender is on the wrong side then he goes down. Look at his hilarious attempt against West Ham again

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The point about his legs is how he falls over, shows that the contact between him and Walker was minimal. Not enough in it for me and Vardy plays his part to perfection, as he usually does. If it was Vardy instead of Connolly, there's no way that penalty is being overruled by VAR.
But before his legs there is contact in the upper body. The foul already occured before he went down. How he went down afterwards is irrelevant, we all know if he doesn't fall, there is no way he gets awarded a pen

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
He's "only" netted past us four times which I'm guessing means we handle him the best out of all the big six (United the possible exception), maybe a Leicester fan can correct/confirm that.

The player that really fecks us over is Aguero, his record against us makes Drogba's against Arsenal look shit, he must be nearing 20 odd goals.

Won the league, regular in the golden boot fight and a really good scoring record, especially against the top teams. I'd say yes although a short time deserves to be up there.
6 years is longer than many greats who have played in the PL. it’s not a short period of time.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Shearer did. Some players are just too loyal to be swayed even by Fergie.
Shearer is die hard Newcastle fans though, it's like hoping Sir Alex to sign Totti or Gerrard. Vardy isn't die hard Leicester fans.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
6 years is longer than many greats who have played in the PL. it’s not a short period of time.
Yep that's true.

I guess it depends where you draw the line at "legends" but he will definitely be remembered as a feared striker that's for sure.

foxedup

Supports
Leicester
What about the fella that won the World Cup when playing for Leicester, he was ok.

RashyForPM

don't underestimate Heskey if he were playing today he'd be much higher rated because what he did is appreciated more now, you also missed Shilton off that list
You have more knowledge of Leicester in your little finger than me but I completely disagree. Heskey was nothing more than a decent hold-up player. In today’s Leicester who play a 1 striker formation, an injured Vardy would oust Heskey, let alone this phenomenal one.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
You have more knowledge of Leicester in your little finger than me but I completely disagree. Heskey was nothing more than a decent hold-up player. In today’s Leicester who play a 1 striker formation, an injured Vardy would oust Heskey, let alone this phenomenal one.
I would suggest you seek out the comments of people that used to play alongside him such as Michael Owen, he was far more then you believed him to be, what he never was was a great goal scorer

foxedup

Supports
Leicester
Heskey was nothing more than a decent hold-up player. In today’s Leicester who play a 1 striker formation, an injured Vardy would oust Heskey, let alone this phenomenal one.
Whaaaaat..... the Heskey that played for Leicester was so much more than that. He had electric pace, great power and ran the channels like a man possesed for us, feeding whoever he partner was with some great crosses. Yeah being so big and strong he could hold it up and lay it off, but he had everything (except natural finishing).

This would just about sum up our Emile in one game.

RashyForPM

I would suggest you seek out the comments of people that used to play alongside him such as Michael Owen, he was far more then you believed him to be, what he never was was a great goal scorer
Whaaaaat..... the Heskey that played for Leicester was so much more than that. He had electric pace, great power and ran the channels like a man possesed for us, feeding whoever he partner was with some great crosses. Yeah being so big and strong he could hold it up and lay it off, but he had everything (except natural finishing).

This would just about sum up our Emile in one game.
Oh I’ve heard how good Heskey was for Leicester and next to Owen, especially in that 1-5 Germany vs England game. Thing is I may be revealing my age but I wasn’t a football fan back then :lol: I meant the Wigan and Aston Villa Heskey. I was never impressed by him. There were loads of games where he would just go full donkey, and I don’t like using that word as it’s unfair to big, strong target men.

I must say though, his legacy as a bumbling fool around us PL fans bar Leicester’s and Liverpool’s is very unfair. I just never rated him in the time I watched him. Pretty awful in many games for Wigan and Villa.

Lee565

He is 34 and not leaving Leicester.
I feel like the age argument with vardy has been about for the past few seasons and yet again in a new season he is still banging the goals in and leaving defenders for dust with his pace. I don't think I can buy the loyalty thing, surely he would like to win a few more trophies before the end of his career like any player must want

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Criminally oversight Vardy has not led the line for England these past few years.

Loon

:lol:

What about Gordon Banks?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

He's the oldest golden boot winner in PL history, he didn't play in the Football League until the age of 25, has a PL goalscoring record that will be very hard to break, led a relegation threatened side to a PL title. He's definitely a PL legend.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
What about Gordon Banks?
True that, similar legacy to Shilton, a World cup v caps record and European cups. Either of them totally different level of legacy to Jamie Vardy....

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
He's the oldest golden boot winner in PL history, he didn't play in the Football League until the age of 25, has a PL goalscoring record that will be very hard to break, led a relegation threatened side to a PL title. He's definitely a PL legend.
If Vardy is a legend, what of Rooney, Giggs or Lampard ? Super legends ? Because achievements in PL aren't even comparable.

There are loads of players with a few good seasons and one exceptional one in the PL who have won a title, or golden boot. Chris Sutton or David Luiz for example.

I suppose closet comparison to Vardy is Ian Wright, though not really sure I think he's a PL legend either.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
If Vardy is a legend, what of Rooney, Giggs or Lampard ? Super legends ? Because achievements in PL aren't even comparable.

There are loads of players with a few good seasons and one exceptional one in the PL who have won a title, or golden boot. Chris Sutton or David Luiz for example.

I suppose closet comparison to Vardy is Ian Wright, though not really sure I think he's a PL legend either.
Rooney, Giggs, Lampard are legends too, yes. There isnt just one criteria for legend status. They’re each seen as one for various things. Vardy deserves it for his status and his achievements.

To use Sutton and Luiz as comparative examples to Vardy is ridiculous.