Jamie Vardy's Extraordinary Record against the Premier League Top 6

Litch

Good player but suited to a particular style of football.

Litch

A type of football we play against top teams and in a lot of games on the road.
Maybe but clearly not enough to merit signing him by us and others including outside the prem....

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Wouldn't mind us signing him in the summer to be honest. We won't go for a striker who Rom would be an understudy to, why not go for Vardy?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Another match against a top 6 club, another goal for Vardy. Should be going to the WC, him on the counter...you never know, could be England's Eder.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Another match against a top 6 club, another goal for Vardy. Should be going to the WC, him on the counter...you never know, could be England's Eder.
Is that even a debate? He is undoubtably England's second best striker and is nailed on to be in the squad injury permitting.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Wouldn't mind us signing him in the summer to be honest. We won't go for a striker who Rom would be an understudy to, why not go for Vardy?
He had his chance to go to a big club with arsenal and preferred to stay put.

No way he's moving to be a back up player.
You get the feeling him and Leicester suit each other too

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He had his chance to go to a big club with arsenal and preferred to stay put.

No way he's moving to be a back up player.
You get the feeling him and Leicester suit each other too
He fits them hand in glove. Not sure what he'd like to do, but the Arsenal style really does not suit him. He'd work for us. And he's a grafter, no doubt about that.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He fits them hand in glove. Not sure what he'd like to do, but the Arsenal style really does not suit him. He'd work for us. And he's a grafter, no doubt about that.
Another left side attacker to compete with Rashford martial and sanchez

Thunderhead

Supports
City
I think he'd be great for arsenal, just have ozil playing balls down the channels for him to run onto, he'd do well. Even think he'd do a decent job for us at City as he has cracking workrate

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Another left side attacker to compete with Rashford martial and sanchez
:nervous:

I think he could play as a long target man. I also think he could play next to Lukaku in a 442, but we're probably never doing that. Not a priority signing in any case, and we've got plenty of priorities...

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
He'd have worked at Arsenal, his movement is great and Arsenal always create chances. And its not as if he can score only on the counter. Today's goal was a classic poacher's goal. Respect his decision to stay at Leicester, but he could've been playing in the CL regularly. Having someone like him would also have helped us change our tactics against teams like Bayern. If we'd got his deal through last year instead of Perez, then we'd have made the top four and probably had a more respectable showing against in the CL knockouts.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He'd have worked at Arsenal, his movement is great and Arsenal always create chances. And its not as if he can score only on the counter. Today's goal was a classic poacher's goal. Respect his decision to stay at Leicester, but he could've been playing in the CL regularly. Having someone like him would also have helped us change our tactics against teams like Bayern. If we'd got his deal through last year instead of Perez, then we'd have made the top four and probably had a more respectable showing against in the CL knockouts.
Maybe you're right. I don't doubt his ability to add something valuable to any team in the league, bar maybe City.

Sterling Archer

Why doesn't he have a sponsorship deal with Red Bull yet? Especially now that he looks a little less thuggish with the more conservative hair style .

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Why doesn't he have a sponsorship deal with Red Bull yet? Especially now that he looks a little less thuggish with the more conservative hair style .
I'd love to know the full extent of his "re-fuelling".
We found out by accident he was using some sort of tobacco stimulant, and we've heard whispers about strange combos of booze and red bull, but i'd love to know the actual truth.

Sterling Archer

I'd love to know the full extent of his "re-fuelling".
We found out by accident he was using some sort of tobacco stimulant, and we've heard whispers about strange combos of booze and red bull, but i'd love to know the actual truth.
So funnily enough, I admit some of my most energized performances in the washed up-post college soccer leagues coincided with coffee and Red Bull binges during the day at work. I’ve stopped drinking them as frequently and maybe it’s the dependency wearing off or just growing older, I’m impressed thinking about it’s effectiveness. It’s not a controlled substance but gdam it had potency.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So funnily enough, I admit some of my most energized performances in the washed up-post college soccer leagues coincided with coffee and Red Bull binges during the day at work. I’ve stopped drinking them as frequently and maybe it’s the dependency wearing off or just growing older, I’m impressed thinking about it’s effectiveness. It’s not a controlled substance but gdam it had potency.
Well caffeine is a stimulant, so it's not a shocker.
I wonder what the rules are on levels though.

It's one thing drinking one before a game, but when Vardy is sucking the life out of stuff there has to be a level!

Sterling Archer

Well caffeine is a stimulant, so it's not a shocker.
I wonder what the rules are on levels though.

It's one thing drinking one before a game, but when Vardy is sucking the life out of stuff there has to be a level!
How many was he supposed to be pounding down?

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Lukaku would hand in a transfer request if you signed Vardy, or any striker that would remotely threaten his place for that matter.

Luke1995

From the non-leagues to the Championship to the PL, to the consecutive games goal record, to the title to scoring his first international goal against Germany, to the EUROS, to the Champions League....to the World Cup ? That's some Hollywood story there.

MalcolmTucker

From the non-leagues to the Championship to the PL, to the consecutive games goal record, to the title to scoring his first international goal against Germany, to the EUROS, to the Champions League....to the World Cup ? That's some Hollywood story there.
They are doing a film about him.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Would love him here, ideal Firmino back up/rotation option. Not going to happen though.

Luke1995

It's not crazy to think he should be England's main striker. Kane is younger and perhaps a bit more clinical in his finishing but Vardy has similar qualities and more pace.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
It's not crazy to think he should be England's main striker. Kane is younger and perhaps a bit more clinical in his finishing but Vardy has similar qualities and more pace.
Nah bollocks, vardys great but Kane is argubly the best in the world.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
I don't disagree with that but Vardy plays for Leicester, we have no idea what he would do in that Tottenham team.
Under that logic, we have no idea what any player would do with any team. Can only judge what's in front of you.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
If England want to play on the break / counter attack (like Leicester) it makes more sense to start Vardy.

He has the record against big clubs due to this style and it could translate to tournament football against better quality opposition.

Kane is more suited to the kind of short passing game Spurs play though.

England aren’t actually capable of playing this kind of game successfully though in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

rm4eva

Supports
Real Madrid
If Ferguson was still your coach, Vardy and Kante would be playing for Manchester United.
Both perfectly embody the kind of player Ferguson liked: Talented footballer with the mind and spirit of a boxer.