Jamie Vardy's Extraordinary Record against the Premier League Top 6

Vilev

And i love Vardy. You know he is like a real-life version of that football player from Bassett manager movie.:D

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
How many is that in how many games?

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
How many is that in how many games?
Against United, City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs (all competitions)

18/19 - 1 in 1
17/18 - 13 in 14
16/17 - 7 in 14
15/16 - 7 in 12
14/15 - 2 in 11

30 in 52 if my maths is correct, brilliant record really.

Scored 63 in 143 in that period overall so roughly half his goals against the big 6.

Ashley R1+O

Shoving over of an opposition defender to take the ball and make a chance would be an interesting stat, he'd be high on the list.

Shoving over of an opposition defender to take the ball and make a chance would be an interesting stat, he'd be high on the list.
Yeah, pretty much ended Rafael's United career doing that a few years ago. Dont know why referees let him do it.

Fergietime@99

Yeah, I read some ridiculous stat like 11 goals in 9 games against Liverpool. He also always scores against us too.
didn't watch the game yesterday but Bailly has dominated him whenever we have played against him since bailly's arrival. But yeah we always struggled against him under LVG

RedStarUnited

Yeah, pretty much ended Rafael's United career doing that a few years ago. Dont know why referees let him do it.
Because he is relatively small. If Pogba does that to a defender, its probably a foul every time.

Nico87

He suits playing for a club like Leicester, his excellent record against the top six is benefitted by the fact that all these teams are expected to beat Leicester and leave space behind the defence. If he was playing for a team that was looking to shut his team out, his attributes are nullified fairly easily. Still a good player though, just better suited to an 'underdog' team.

Quizierda

Netted a crucial goal again today - loves a good show against the "big boys" in town.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
What a player. Underrated technique and lethal. Not just a speed merchant. He is also a workhorse and a bit nasty.

He would be great for us.

He would have been fantastic at a top club. I wonder whether he regrets not going to Arsenal? Would have been a great buy for us.

LARulz

What's his general chance to goal ratio? I imagine it must be excellent considering he doesn't get an abundance of chances in most matches but still ends up usually scoring

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Hate to be that guy but can’t help but think about how ineffective Lukaku is in these types of games by comparison.
Simply not enough of a killer. Vardy is always so hungry in these big games, always eyeing that one opportunity, always running and stretching CB's.