Jamie Vardy's Extraordinary Record against the Premier League Top 6

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I'd take him 2 years ago, last summer, and this summer. He suits a fluid and fast counter attack. At an age where he won't stifle the progression of Greenwood and could shoulder the goal scoring burden with Rashford.

Cloud7

I maintain that we should have bought him instead of Lukaku. Would likely have been cheaper, better player in my opinion and at the right age where we could play him until one of our own develop or the next big striker comes on the market, rather than being stuck with the big man.

Bwuk

We should get him in the summer if the fee isn’t ridiculous.

Great rotation option, and Rashford could learn a lot from him.

Kaglish10

We should get him in the summer if the fee isn’t ridiculous.

Great rotation option, and Rashford could learn a lot from him.
Did Rashford learn anything from Ibrahimovic?

On a serious note, Mourinho should have deployed Rashford alongside Ibrahimovic in a 442 setup with Ibrahimovic behind him. I think it would have worked well considering Rashford pace would have complemented Ibra's and also, Ibra's vision would be suitable for the no 10 role but I guess Mourinho didn't want to entertain kids in his first season then.

Bwuk

Did Rashford learn anything from Ibrahimovic?

On a serious note, Mourinho should have deployed Rashford alongside Ibrahimovic in a 442 setup with Ibrahimovic behind him. I think it would have worked well considering Rashford pace would have complemented Ibra's and also, Ibra's vision would be suitable for the no 10 role but I guess Mourinho didn't want to entertain kids in his first season then.
Vardy uses his pace a lot better than Rashford did, and reads the game better. Zlatan was a totally different sort of player.

Look at his second goal v Arsenal today, Rashford wouldn’t of scored that.

starman

Been banging the Vardy drum for years. People didn't want him because hes a "chav" or Lukaku was better...:rolleyes:
Bit late in the day now, but good stop gap striker if we can't get anyone else in

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Cant we all just appreciate he is a decent talent without having digs at Lukaku? Im pretty sure Lukaku has more PL goals yes?
given Lukaku was playing in the Prem when Vardy was still at Fleetwood you would hope he has more goals in the Prem than Vardy

Cant we all just appreciate he is a decent talent without having digs at Lukaku? Im pretty sure Lukaku has more PL goals yes?
Isint the point though about scoring against the top 6.

Lukuku’s record against the top 6 stands at 1 goal in 21 appearances for Utd. That’s one of the most shocking striker stats I’ve even seen.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Lukaku also has more PL goals than Messi.

Lukaku's ratio is 2.2 games per goal, Vardy is on 2.1.

Kaglish10

Vardy uses his pace a lot better than Rashford did, and reads the game better. Zlatan was a totally different sort of player.

Look at his second goal v Arsenal today, Rashford wouldn’t of scored that.
I wasn't trying to compare Zlatan to either Vardy or Rashford. I was just asking if Rashford learned anything from Zlatan, like his hold up play and throughballs while also wishing that Mourinho could have played them together.

Personally, I think Rashford needs to play regularly to develop his game but unfortunately, I don't think it would be here because we need a much more lethal finisher with lots of composure, which Rashford isn't yet.

AKDevil

Starts every week for us. Got some bottle and character too unlike some of the jokers we have to put up with at the moment.

Heat Seeker

I would sign Vardy and Zaha for next season . Sell Luk and Martial should get a decent return . They have had their chances . We must be realistic about who we can actually get and who would improve us . These two would imo without spending all window chasing impossible targets like Griezman / Sancho etc .

Good point, what about for WBA, Everton and Chelsea?
I couldn’t care less what he did for other clubs. If you want to find out, I’m sure you can. However, he’s always been known as a flat track bully, and I’m sure his track record against the top teams has always been bad.

1 goal in 21 games against City, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea. That’s appalling.

wub1234

Supports
Don't support a team
In my opinion, Vardy is the most underrated player in the Premier League. I have seen him disparaged on many occasions, which seems utterly disrespectful considering what he's achieved, and the fact that he's a constant menace, who has been a prolific scorer for an unfashionable club. I don't know what else he has to do to prove to some people that he's an excellent player.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I would sign Vardy and Zaha for next season . Sell Luk and Martial should get a decent return . They have had their chances . We must be realistic about who we can actually get and who would improve us . These two would imo without spending all window chasing impossible targets like Griezman / Sancho etc .
Given Zaha hated being at United and also failed massively under Solskjaer I doubt he'd choose to come here.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Dude is a fecking predator once he can run onto a long ball.

Heat Seeker

In my opinion, Vardy is the most underrated player in the Premier League. I have seen him disparaged on many occasions, which seems utterly disrespectful considering what he's achieved, and the fact that he's a constant menace, who has been a prolific scorer for an unfashionable club. I don't know what else he has to do to prove to some people that he's an excellent player.
Agree . Adds much needed dynamism we have lacked for so long if we could get him here . Could regard this as his last big chance in the prem . Him and Zaha together up front for us ? Movement and pace and dynamism . Maybe a promising youngster or give Greenwood a chance plus Rash and we are set for next season in forward positions .

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
He's hated on here for 'costing' caf darling Rafael his United career.

But he's a phenomenal player. I've always rated him. Cult hero for sure..

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I’m not so sure. He positions himself exceptionally, and reads the game excellent.
But he still relies a lot on his burst of pace to time his runs. Learning to adapt is one of the most difficuly things to do, it's why strikers who rely a lot on their physical qualities tend to fade early

Still, yeah. He's a borderline WC player at worst. Would have to see how he'd adapt to the pressure of a big club, but for leicester he's been a top 5 strikers in the league for 3 of the last 4 seasons

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
he uses his pace I wouldn't say he relies on it, he is smart enough to adapt very quickly

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
he uses his pace I wouldn't say he relies on it, he is smart enough to adapt very quickly
So were Shevchenko, Batistuta, Crespo, Inzaghi, Suker, Torres, Drogba, etc...

The moment they lost that yard, they were done

lsd

The Oracle
I'd take him 2 years ago, last summer, and this summer. He suits a fluid and fast counter attack. At an age where he won't stifle the progression of Greenwood and could shoulder the goal scoring burden with Rashford.

Yeah I would take him this summer he would guarantee us 20 goals plus for 2 seasons at least

jasonhamilton

Supports
Milan
Speaking on behalf of the majority of the forum. I am hoping Vardy absolutely destroys City with a hattrick.