Jamie Vardy's Extraordinary Record against the Premier League Top 6

markhughes

I wish we had tried to sign him a few years ago, I don’t think there is a better no 9 in the premier league.

I wonder how deadly he was in non league football! I wouldn’t have fancied marking him.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
I wish we had tried to sign him a few years ago, I don’t think there is a better no 9 in the premier league.

I wonder how deadly he was in non league football! I wouldn’t have fancied marking him.
Fleetwood played him off the left wing a lot

LoneStar

What a striker, a lot of players could learn from his movement. And always delivers against the big teams. Would have loved it if we had signed him a couple of years ago.

Lee565

It ain't too late for united to put a bid in for him, I wanted him here last season over signing Maguire and would happily have him in our team this season as well, you looking at a guaranteed 20 plus goal striker and is so rapid still that it means he still has a few more seasons in him as a top striker, surprised not top side across Europe hasn't tried to get him.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Never thought I would say this as he annoyed the shit out of me in that 5-3 game when he bullied our entire backline, but probably my favorite opposition player.

Absolute quality and his decision to stay loyal to Leicester is very admirable too.

Only Arsenal, and the offer was accepted and he turned them down. Looks like one of those players who you don’t attempt to buy as he shows no inclination to leave, and that’s very admirable.

The time to have tried to buy him was when we bought Zlatan. He might have been interested.

The Firestarter

It ain't too late for united to put a bid in for him, I wanted him here last season over signing Maguire and would happily have him in our team this season as well, you looking at a guaranteed 20 plus goal striker and is so rapid still that it means he still has a few more seasons in him as a top striker, surprised not top side across Europe hasn't tried to get him.
He is 34 and not leaving Leicester.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Never thought I would say this as he annoyed the shit out of me in that 5-3 game when he bullied our entire backline, but probably my favorite opposition player.

Absolute quality and his decision to stay loyal to Leicester is very admirable too.
Quite agree. He must be such a difficult player to defend against. And a quite brilliant finisher.
Great player who deserves all of his success.
I read his book and despite all of his early setbacks, he always backed himself.

don't underestimate Heskey if he were playing today he'd be much higher rated because what he did is appreciated more now, you also missed Shilton off that list
Wasn’t meant to be a complete or extensive list.

Heskey is, and always will be a poor striker, no matter what time he played. He’s like a camel, had all the right ingredients to be a top horse but couldn’t put it together.

Seems a really nice guy, but still.

Web of Bissaka

If we did...
"Overrated english player"
"He's limited"
"Can only score vs top teams"
"Pace merchant"
"Not world class/top level player"
"Run around a lot.."

etc

One of our biggest problems is vs low blocks, against majority of the small teams we find it hard consistently to break their defenses. Vardy isn't useful for that.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
One of the all time PL greats. Weird to say it but he deserves that status.

Sleigh

Supports
Leicester City
He’s got better with age.

He was raw when he first joined us. None of us thought he’d become the player he is today. He’s a Leicester immortal after winning the title in 15/16 and it’s hard to argue if we’ve ever had a player more iconic.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
The difference is that Connolly created the contact and Vardy baited the City players into making the contact
don't think Vardy baited them just dumb decisions from Walker and Garcia, same from Mendy for the 3rd, none had any need to grab/put an arm in the back of Vardy or Maddison

Irrational.

Just goes to show the RedCafe Einsteins who write a player off once they hit 30 (or even late 20's in some cases) really don't have a clue. What a player.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Just goes to show the RedCafe Einsteins who write a player off once they hit 30 (or even late 20's in some cases) really don't have a clue. What a player.
It depends on the player itself. I mean, someone like Alexis Sanchez is clearly washed up on the other hand.

But yeah, plenty of players still play very well at 30 years old. Hell, Lewandowski probably just had the best season of his career at 31/32 years old.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
don't think Vardy baited them just dumb decisions from Walker and Garcia, same from Mendy for the 3rd, none had any need to grab/put an arm in the back of Vardy or Maddison
Baited isn't the right word but he made them commit those fouls by clever positioning between them and the ball. They didn't have to touch him but they did

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC
Only Arsenal, and the offer was accepted and he turned them down. Looks like one of those players who you don’t attempt to buy as he shows no inclination to leave, and that’s very admirable.

The time to have tried to buy him was when we bought Zlatan. He might have been interested.
Also the real reason he quit England was he was just sick of been harassed by fellow players to join their clubs, the tapping up was insane. He said it was messing with his head and affecting his Leicester performances.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Good one.

Vardy is a cracking player, but i have no idea why some are pretending he's not extremely talented at diving.
watch it again Walker clearly grabs both shoulders, that's where the foul is, you are literally the only person, including Man City fans, saying he dived and it wasn't a penalty

Irrational.

It depends on the player itself. I mean, someone like Alexis Sanchez is clearly washed up on the other hand.

But yeah, plenty of players still play very well at 30 years old. Hell, Lewandowski probably just had the best season of his career at 31/32 years old.
Yeah I suppose it does vary. We seem to have a blanket dislike on here though for anyone in the third decade of life. :D

You'd have thought for a player that relies so heavily on his athleticism that Vardy would've waned, but he's still performing and banging them against the highest calibre opponents.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Also the real reason he quit England was he was just sick of been harassed by fellow players to join their clubs, the tapping up was insane. He said it was messing with his head and affecting his Leicester performances.
is this true? Would be interesting to know details.

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC
A dive is when there is no contact, if there is contact players go down, because its well known, without that going to ground referees often assume there is no foul play.

UncleBob

watch it again Walker clearly grabs both shoulders, that's where the foul is, you are literally the only person, including Man City fans, saying he dived and it wasn't a penalty
I'm not arguing that Walker doesn't give him a slight tug, but it's a contact sport, the telling bit is how he throws his legs up, it's hardly something you're combining with being held back. He's a clever cnut at constructing stuff like that, fondly remembered for his foul on Rafael and subsequent dive which resulted in a penalty back in 2014 against us, not sure why we're pretending anything else these days.