Jan 2020 Transfer window priorities

Zlatattack

I'm going to take a leap of faith and assume Bruno Fernandes is done. If that is the case;

1. Do you think we'll sign anyone else?
  2. Where should we focus next?
Personally I don't we'll sign anyone else, but I think we desperately need another central midfielder.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
I'm going to take a leap of faith and assume Bruno Fernandes is done. If that is the case;

1. Do you think we'll sign anyone else?
  2. Where should we focus next?
Personally I don't we'll sign anyone else, but I think we desperately need another central midfielder.
Definitely another central midfielder and a backup/competing striker.

jackal&hyde

A DM for sure but i doubt we'l make it happen. It would be wise to do as much business as possible seeing how in summer we have the EUROs.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I think we need a back up ST. I genuinely hope people have not forgotten we failed to score more than a goal during Martial's injury. Martial is injury prone and can become inconsistent and I don't think Greenwood is ready to be facing premier league CBS either. He's been better as an RW for me. Remember his last game as a striker against Wolves too

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
If we sign Bruno Fernandes and a deep lying playmaker/holding mid (Carrick type) then I'd be happy. No chance we get the Carrick type, but it's what we need to do. With how our defence/attack is built up, we need our midfield to be filled with passers and creators. Assuming Pogba has no use for us anymore, that would be Bruno Fernandes as the 10, McTominay as a box to box, then whoever we sign as the deep lying playmaker. That's the key guy though. Fred is ok but squad player level only tbh.

Zlatattack

If we sign Bruno Fernandes and a deep lying playmaker/holding mid (Carrick type) then I'd be happy. No chance we get the Carrick type, but it's what we need to do. With how our defence/attack is built up, we need our midfield to be filled with passers and creators. Assuming Pogba has no use for us anymore, that would be Bruno Fernandes as the 10, McTominay as a box to box, then whoever we sign as the deep lying playmaker. That's the key guy though. Fred is ok but squad player level only tbh.
This is what I'm thinking. Our midfield 3 need to be very creative to fully utilise our attackers. We also run the risk of losing Pogba in the summer and replacements at that point will cost the world. Would rather sign someone now and then in the summer people will know we're not desperate.

Andersonson

An AM would be great, but I guess thats very difficult during the winter window.

I would also love a new CB thats better than Lindelof, there are a few options for a new CB.

Hawks2008

Honestly if we get Bruno and a good CM/DM I'd be pretty happy but feel we'll only get 1 player this window if any come in.

diarm

Tonali would be the dream!

croadyman

Honestly if we get Bruno and a good CM/DM I'd be pretty happy but feel we'll only get 1 player this window if any come in.
I would love us to sign Saul for this position in the summer but can see Utd baulking at the big money involved. He is supposed to have this £128m release clause but then there is reports they would let him leave for £85m if he wishes to go.

The only other possible deal that there is a slim chance of would be a striker like Dembele/Werner,however my gut feeling is negotiating Bruno will take up most of the time in January.

Maybe there is something in us watching Soumare play for Lille on Sunday,didn't help that he got sent off though.

Last edited: