January Loan Options

Bestietom

It’s not supporters though. I speak and travel to matches with supporters who have been going since the 1960s and they get the concept.
It’s the posters and armchair fans who just feel that Sancho,Haaland,Madison etc plus chucking in Gomes and Chong every now and then is the answer.

I remember Fergie buying a whole group of experienced players: Wallace,Phelan to add to Hughes,Robson,Whiteside. He brought Hughes back as I recall from Bayern Munich
We need a mixture of youth and experience with backup on the bench. A squad full of young players is not the answer. Don't get me wrong, I love to see young players coming through to add speed and energy to the team. But we also need players that can put their foot on the ball and slow things down, when we need to control games. We are crying out for an experienced CM who can dictate matters and help the youngsters. IMO

Eric's Seagull

We need a mixture of youth and experience with backup on the bench. A squad full of young players is not the answer. Don't get me wrong, I love to see young players coming through to add speed and energy to the team. But we also need players that can put their foot on the ball and slow things down, when we need to control games. We are crying out for an experienced CM who can dictate matters and help the youngsters. IMO
I think it would be a good shout to get in some experienced players absorb the pressure on the younger players when times are getting tough. Although I am very pleased with the youngsters coming through. When everything is starting to go to crap we are crying out for some older heads to lead by example and take the strain.

We need some leaders in the team, so that there is less pressure on the younger so that they can develop to their full potential. We are in such a mess at the moment that youngsters can't afford to make a mistake and if they do it could result in a goal and this could shatter their confidence, which may result in them getting slated unnecessarily.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
It's a strange argument considering that few of the current midfielders are young.

Pogba, Fred, matic, mata, lingard are all experienced. Pereira is 23 and Scott plays quite mature and doesn't have any problems with consistency/pressure.
It's a problem of quality not age/experience. 5 out of those 7 are squad players at best and that's already a very generous assessment. These are also the players who get most of the criticism.

There are a couple of players in other positions who are young/inexperienced and shouldn't have to shoulder too much pressure, but they are not the problem. James doesn't seem to struggle with it and the others are not really regular starter. One also has to accept it would be a success if 1-3 of the youngsters (tfm, tuanzebe, Williams, gomes, garner, Chong, greenwood) end up having a decent+ career for united. On average the majority of them won't make the cut simply because they are not good enough regardless of pressure.

United need to fix a huge hole in a midfield, that lacks the quality to transition the ball forward or to create anything while being not particularly good at pressing/defending.
It doesn't matter if you buy a 19 year old or 30 year old player as long as he is good enough.

Rakitic would add something and makes some sense, but I have the strong feeling that he gets overrated quite a bit as well.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Could we get Rakitic, Emre Can & Bale on loan and buy Haaland to go all fecking out in an attempt to win the Europa League? Like would that break any rules. My understanding is that the cup-tie regulations have been loosened in recent years which would make this a legal option.

An ambitious club would take this risk. I'd love us to bolster our squad and really go all out to win the bloody thing. Highly fanciful the club would do this though unfortunately.
Not Bale. What we have is better, faster, more interplay ability.

Although. If Ronaldo can be got on loan, I’d take him. Guaranteed goal

croadyman

I am not averse to bringing in Rakitic & Can on loan in January, yes I know they may not be the names at the top of people's lists however I feel they would both give us some much needed squad depth and maybe Rakitic could provide that bit of craft where we are having difficulty breaking teams down which will definitely happen in the majority of non top six games.

Champagne Football

Rakitic is definitely not coming. Barca I assume will only sell and he's not worth half of the €30 million they are demanding, considering he's almost 32.

Matic is awful but he's better than Can.

I've a feeling we might raid The Championship for 1 or 2 kids in January and that will be it. Danny Loader or Jarrod Bowen.

Loan deals are not as urgent as before in January with the emergence of Fred as a guaranteed starter. Greenwood is also progressing which lessons the urgency in bringing in another forward.

I honestly think our 3 summer signing will be along the lines of James Maddison, Kalvin Philips, and Moussa Dembele of Lyon. And none of them will be available in January.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
What's happened to Lemar at Atletico? He was hotly touted before he went there and apparently they want rid now.