January....

Zed 101

Well it will depend if they have sacked Ole and replaced him with Poch by then, they will probably cough up for Sancho, a CDM and a CB as per they will support just long enough then leave out to dry..... I would love to see the actual dynamics behind the scenes, not sure who Ole asked for but fairly sure it wasn't this bunch, best signing would be a DOF get Woodward and Judge as far away from recruitment as possible.

I suspect we will have another panic buy like Fernandes in January because otherwise we are up shit. creek imo

Red Star One

A new manager will get some funds to grab players he needs, we’ll sing a player or two followed by rather ambitious summer only to see our new manager completely lose the trust of Glazers/Ed and screwed over in the following windows.

Infra-red

We'll be in the Europa League and struggling for top 4 by then. A United panic buy is guaranteed. Probably a CB.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I don't think we'll go for Sancho again, personally. I think that ship has sailed.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
We should have bought him at the start of the window not the end
He's 18 and played 25 mins of first team football at Atalanta in total. He's not coming to us and going straight in the team anyway. At best he will come off the bench for 20 mins and that might not even be straight away. Wouldn't be shocked if we barely see him at all until next season.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
At some point the amount football clubs are loosing has to catch up with them, so surely January has to be quiet?

redNATION

Ideally we sign Camavinga and try for Upamecano in the Summer but doubt this will happen.
Camavinga - £50-60m
Upamecano - £50m
Adama Traore (wolves) - £50-60m

For 150 to 170m we could fix the holes in the team. Surprised we haven’t been linked once with Adama T from wolves, looks like about to break through like Mane at Saints before Liverpool nabbed him, has everything to be a world class right winger

Jezpeza

I think Ole will be sacked just before and our new manager will come in, make a comment about needing to “assess the squad” and Woodward and the Glazers will run their hands in glee....
Yeah the season will be gone by then anyway. They can Then Grudgingly buy him 2 players in the summer that can scrape us into the top 4 and pull out again the summer afterwards.

Dont think anyone sees the pattern.

Zlatattack

New contract for Jones
Lots of paper talk
Diallo "like a new signing"

Transformation into Arsenal complete.

rotherham_red

Predict what you think will happen in Jan.

It seems like we do like to do a little bit of business in January nowadays, so let’s predict what’s going to happen. I have a few ideas of what could occur:

We buy 1 or 2 CB’s
We try for Sancho again, for a deal to either happen in Jan or set an agreement for a Summer transfer
We sell or loan out a couple more defenders,i.e., Rojo, Jones
Romero leaves us
I don't think we'll buy anyone in January, unless we have an absolute disaster at the back, in which case a panic signing might occur. I'd rather they waited, if I'm honest. Upamecano should be the main and only target for that position next year.

Sancho, again, will be one we target next year. Especially since Diallo will be coming in January.

I've got no expectations on Rojo or Jones leaving. We're stuck with them until their contracts end.

Can see Romero leaving though, as unlike the other two, he has some professional pride. Ighalo will be off too. Might see Jesse get a loan with a view to a more permanent move if Pellistri pushes him further down the pecking order.

Reddevil1978

In January Jeff Bezos buys United wipes the debt, renames the stadium "The Amazon Arena" Swifty followed buy the purchase of Dortmund enabling the swap of Matic for Bellingham, Cavani for Haaland and finally Lingard for Sancho. Dream big.

Reactions: golden_blunder

reddevilz007

Camavinga - £50-60m
Upamecano - £50m

For 150 to 170m we could fix the holes in the team. Surprised we haven’t been linked once with Adama T from wolves, looks like about to break through like Mane at Saints before Liverpool nabbed him, has everything to be a world class right winger
I would sell Pogba to finance the arrival of those players.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Woodward will bid one Mars bar for Messi and get stroppy when Barca call us a joke. He'll up it to two bars and a lifetime subscription to MUTV, while pretending he's talked to ronaldo and Lewandowski, but end up buying a 13-year-old from Kidderminster Harriers after losing Dortmund's phone number

Faetheshire86

The sad thing is... I think whatever we do will be based on what happens in the next three months. Not that I don't believe we have our long and short term targets, but how hard we will push for them / how committed we will be to stump up the cash, with depend on how results are going.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
----‐-------------------------- flatlined

Get the defibrillator............

Bondi77

It will be cold, chance of snow that time of year....depends where you live I suppose.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Ideally we sign Camavinga and try for Upamecano in the Summer but doubt this will happen.
It's common knowledge that Upamecano has a release clause of around €40m next Summer, personally I'd try for him in January and offer €50m to try to beat the Summer rush.

But apparently, we have given up on Sancho forever....
"Barcelona, Real Madrid, and PSG could all get in the race when the global economy rebounds. United don’t want to get into a bidding war with those European powers for a player who wouldn’t necessarily walk right into their starting XI."........ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Artorias

I would sell Pogba even not to finance these. He's an utter waste of space
Can we all agree in sell Pogba? 50-60M sounds like a fair price. Playing with him is like playing with 10 men. It's time to give VdB a chance and play a diamond formation.

Devil may care

We won't do anything with attack imo as Diallo will be coming in, and I don't see anything being done with midfield until we have a couple of outs in that area. If we manage to get rid of the parasitic lifeforms that are Rojo and Jones between the end of this month and January we might go for a CB, perhaps offer Leipzig a higher fee than his buyout clause for Upamecano to beat the pack to him before the summer scramble.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
This narrative that all our past managers are being screwed by a shoe string budget is amusing. We’ve bought in January plenty of times. Problem is that Woodward will still be in charge of transfers then.

croadyman

We won't do anything with attack imo as Diallo will be coming in, and I don't see anything being done with midfield until we have a couple of outs in that area. If we manage to get rid of the parasitic lifeforms that are Rojo and Jones between the end of this month and January we might go for a CB, perhaps offer Leipzig a higher fee than his buyout clause for Upamecano to beat the pack to him before the summer scramble.
Yeah I think that is the most likely outcome, could really do with a DM too but can't see us bringing one in until at least the summer but could end up being longer with that new contract for Matic

Alemar

Camavinga - £50-60m
Upamecano - £50m
They will not sell Camavinga for 60, think 80-100. Him, Upamecano, but Adama Traore we don’t need as our own Traore is a bigger talent

Himannv

Deals are notoriously difficult to do in January because most clubs do not want to lose their best players halfway through the season. Might be an opportunity to let a few players go.

What I'd really like to see is the club proactively working on the summer targets and getting in contact with their agents and clubs . Unfortunately I don't have much confidence in our ability to do this.

Ikon

What I'd really like to see is the club proactively working on the summer targets and getting in contact with their agents and clubs.
Exactly what I'd be doing.
I'm sure Leipzig are resigned to losing Upamecano for his release clause of €40m in the Summer, so get in early and offer more than that to kill off opposition.
If this one goes to the Summer, literally dozens of clubs would be able to afford him, and Upamecano will have his pick of just about any club in Europe.

leges

In this January window I would try to sign:

1) Ruben Neves - 45 mln £/ 50 mln €
2) Ibrahima Konaté - 35 mln £/ 40 mln €
3) Adama Traoré - 45 mln £/ 50 mln €

Then, in the future, if there is the opportunity we should retry to buy Haaland because he is a unique player.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Predict what you think will happen in Jan.

It seems like we do like to do a little bit of business in January nowadays, so let’s predict what’s going to happen. I have a few ideas of what could occur:

We buy 1 or 2 CB’s
We try for Sancho again, for a deal to either happen in Jan or set an agreement for a Summer transfer
We sell or loan out a couple more defenders,i.e., Rojo, Jones
Romero leaves us
I'd guess romero and tfm sign pre contracts to leave on a free in the summer
We don't extend ighalos deal
I suspect we trigger lingards extension so we can try and sell him in the summer
Not sure about mata... probably we don't extend and he waits till the summer to see his options

Not expecting much with players coming in unless we get some long term injuries

Might loan out a couple of u23s if we feel it will help their development

Ikon

In this January window I would try to sign:
1) Ruben Neves - 45 mln £/ 50 mln €
I think Neves would be absolutely superb for us, and he is still only 23 now, long term signing.