Januzaj | Confirmed: On Loan at Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I was against the notion of Januzaj going on loan regardless of the club. And I do not think I am the only one in that regard.
Same.

He's a better player Memphis and this was one of the reasons I never wanted Memphis. We've effectively let go of the better player and brought in a player who's quite blatantly not good enough. None of this is hindsight either. This was fecking obvious. We're well on track to ruin one of the best youngsters produced in our academy.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
We could do with him even though he wasn't brilliant under LVG. But could play as a striker or winger if needed

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Isn't there a break in Germany? Makes sense for him to be back in Manchester.

Crossie

Supports
vibrant attacking football
Isn't there a break in Germany? Makes sense for him to be back in Manchester.
Training in Dortmund resumes January 4th. With Jonas Hofmann sold - he passed his medical at Gladbach today - Adnan might move up in the pecking order.

C'est Moi Cantona

Any chance of them ripping up his loan agreement and us getting him back? might not make any difference but I have missed him.

spwd

We could do with him even though he wasn't brilliant under LVG. But could play as a striker or winger if needed
Was he worse than anyone else has been though under LVG,was a ridiculous decision to send him on loan, surely someone like Lingard should have gone instead if anyone.

Crossie

Supports
Any chance of them ripping up his loan agreement and us getting him back? might not make any difference but I have missed him.
If Dortmund agrees yes but it doesn't look likely. Kicker magazine reported yesterday (again) that according to BVB, Januzaj will stay beyond January. Contrary to BILD, Kicker are pretty reliable; they don't invent stuff. Moreover, Dortmund just sold Jonas Hofmann, trimming the attacking options even further. Unless a new attacking player comes in, I don't see Dortmund terminating the deal.

Crossie

Supports
I'm referring to Dortmund team news from their '15/16 thread because it could well affect Januzaj's loan. Jonas Hofmann is gone now but I would expect i.e. Felix Passlack to compete with him for a spot - or replacing him altogether?

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/borussia-dortmund-15-16.408106/page-9
Kicker and RuhrNachrichten, the most reliable sources for BVB news, both report that two of our 17-year-old top talents in offensive midfield, Felix Passlack and Christian Pulisic, will be training regularly with the first team now (sporadically in the past).

The plan is they continue playing for our U19 team (which they just started this summer) but if need be for the first team. That's a tad surprising because 2 months ago Tuchel stressed he wants them to develop slowly without any pressure.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
That would be good news, he can't do any worse than Memphis, Rooney or Mata.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I doubt he'll be starting for us either to be honest. Decent option off the bench though.

DWelbz19

Silly loan, let's hope he comes back with something to prove and get's real gametime.

Zoo

How much playing time were they expecting him to get?
The question is how much playing time was Januzaj expecting to get as supposedly he pushed for this move. Hopefully he has gotten a bit of a reality check and can kick on with us.

DWelbz19

Mata is a good player. Blame the tactics. Hazard were world class last season. Now, well, not so much world class tbf.
Mata was a good player. He hasn't been so for about two and a half seasons now.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
This Rooney and this Januzaj. Christ that's an ugly outlook. Pray for miracles in form recovery folks.

C'est Moi Cantona

This is great, all this chuntering on about will we sign this Felipe Anderson fella, yet if given the same amounts of chances I'd bet Januzaj would outplay him easily.

Midfield forwards we actually have a heck of lot of options, especially if you include Pereria, we need a LB or CB in January & that's it.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Part of me is glad for him to return, but then another part of me is disappointed that his loan failed in Dortmund.

To put it simple, has he got what it takes to make it at the very top? Blasted on the scene in his first season, but has since been underwhelming. I'm hoping the lad can turn it around and make an impact at United.

MrPooni

How much playing time were they expecting him to get?
For the record our management weren't expecting much either which is why they advised him to join a Premier League club instead but the player insisted he wanted the move:
“In a club like Borussia Dortmund all the players there are also of a certain level and I said in advance that’s a big risk for you because you have to compete with other players of a higher level and that is not so easy,” Van Gaal said.

“It’s the same thing as in Manchester United. He has to compete with higher level players. I want him to play all the matches and that is why I want to play him also in the Premier League but he chose for Borussia Dortmund.

Crossie

Supports
It'll be interesting to see if he picked up anything from his Dortmund days or if LvG will beat the attacking play out of him. :wenger:

rpitchfo

Great news in terms of we desperately needed numbers...
Great news in the respect that this was a stupid decision from the start and we recognised this early
Bad news if we are doing this because we have failed to get our january targets

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Can't wait for van Gaal to decide he isn't good enough again after one game against tough opponent.

acrebo

Personally I'm really pleased to have him back. Yes, he's been incredibly underwhelming since his initial introduction to the first team but he's an exciting player that at least tries to make things happen.

His close control in tight areas puts Memphis to shame, he just needs to learn how to make the right final decision.

I hope we really push Januzaj, Lingard and Pereira (and I guess we can include Memphis and Martial in that) to work together to improve. There's a very talented bunch of players and if only a few of them progress then that's still a great result.

Status
Not open for further replies.